**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Any good hints on how to defeat MODOK

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
edited March 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I always have big trouble when I am facing MODOK so I am kind of anxious about having to deal with him as a big boss in love is a battle realm on master difficulty.

I am a very average player and this is my roster: any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I'm not sure what the nodes are in Love is a Battlerealm, but parry-heavy is a pretty easy tactic to use. If that's an option, Cap IW would be great.

If limber or stun immunity are in play, it's a bit trickier. You'll need to keep a closer eye on his blue shield icon. When it's present, he can autoblock your attacks. If it's down, you can counterattack him as you would any champ. Once it's back, it's best to just do 1 hit and back away. Practice baiting out an punishing his L1. It's an easy way to get it for some hits.

Damage over time works well on him too. Guillotine, Sunspot, Sentinel, and Iceman would be great options for this reason. True Strike can bypass his autoblock ability. Killmonger is a great counter, but I don't see him. I do see Corvus. If you have Proxima for Synergy and you're able to get the Evasion mission done, he'll have True Strike and you won't have to worry about autoblock.

Good luck.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    speaking of fighting modok in general, parry-heavy is probably the easiest way to kill him if you can't directly counter his auto-block with True Strike or True Accuracy, so champions like cap iw or colossus are really good choices.

if you have a proxima of any rarity you can use the synergy with corvus to get True Strike (hit modok, let him autoblock you then knock him down with an heavy to get the true strike and the charge), or you can use heimdall, he gets a true strike buff when using a Special that lasts until you don't get hit (blocking is ok) ^_^
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I am really not good enough with parry to rely on it as a tactic . But thanks for the sheik all hint :)
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    edited March 2020
    Had to edit since I forgot he had Limber so you can't constantly parry him. But with EMP Modification as well, Hulk Ragnarok or Dr Doom would be good options. If not Heimdall is still your best bet, but I'm sure you'll end up using Revives.
    Oh I know . I will be using a lot of revives and potions for sure . Just want to make sure that I don’t waste too many
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    yes, forgot about EMP node, heimdall isn't really good for this fight because he constantly generates buffs and you will be killed by DOTs before you have ramped up your heimdall enough to start doing damage; i would probably use corvus, you should be able to resist the first set of shocks and do good damage before dying thanks to guaranteed crits ^_^
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Blade + GR + Sparkey works every time.
    Turns out that beating MODOK was easier then I expected. I needed only one revive. And Heimdell was indeed amazing . Although I did use boosts. And since they were active anyway I thought I would try taking on Mojo as well . Now he turned out to be much harder. Needed more six revives but still managed to beat both event quests on master without wasting a single unit. Last month I had to spend over 300 units to finish the quest on master so this is quite a progress for me :)
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Corvus + Proxima is amazing for MODOK.
    Killmonger can get a long-lasting true strike once you can punish a special attack, so he's another great option.