**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iceman/Gwenpool V. Collector

Are Iceman and a duped Gwenpool able to survive The Collector’s Special 3. In theory, I think they should. I have a four star Iceman of my own, but I haven’t gotten far enough to test it yet.

Comments

• Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I'm pretty sure the answer is actually no, they can't.

The collector special 3 is an auto death move. You can't reduce the damage it does because it just automatically reduces enemy HP to 0.

If you try it and find out otherwise please let us know.
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    if you can get to his l3 without DD or Hood or Spark then you deserve a legend tag
  • Options
    Who’s Spark?
  • Options
    Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Lol i could get to his sp3 easily with Hyperion
  • Options
    AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    I got to his l3 with Drax multiple times In my only run act5.2
  • Options
    Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    SgtAnime1 wrote: »
    Are Iceman and a duped Gwenpool able to survive The Collector’s Special 3. In theory, I think they should. I have a four star Iceman of my own, but I haven’t gotten far enough to test it yet.

The answer is no if you look on mcoc mod video about the collector it says it will k.o the opponent (you) and it can't be prevented or reduced so you would still get k.o
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I got to his l3 too with SL.

If you hold block when he has a bar of power he won't use a special, then just intercept his attack.

Obviously with 3 bars he would use it holding block or not.
  • Options
    No sp3 is an instant ko. It even says so.
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378
    SgtAnime1 wrote: »
    Who’s Spark?

I'm sure he meant stark enhanced spidey
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    Even if you survived the L3 you just got bane transferred to you
  • Options
    RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    Is this true even for Mags?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    I'm a million miles off facing the collector, so can't read it. Two things - anyone have screen shots of his abilities? And what about everyone's favourite character Mr Cage? From what @Warofgods13514 says, it sounds like even he's a 'No'.
  • Options
    MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    GP can't be ko'd by a special attack when her signature ability is active. Dupe her and the Collector will still work you but you won't get ko'd from special attacks.
  • Options
    AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Mkdemaria wrote: »
    GP can't be ko'd by a special attack when her signature ability is active. Dupe her and the Collector will still work you but you won't get ko'd from special attacks.

She won't work.if you get hit by special is an instant KO. Even if you survive it you won't have any health left and bane will kill you
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Mkdemaria wrote: »

Let me quote the abilities of the Collector, more specifically special attack 3

Special Attack 3:
    This attack INSTANTLY knocks out the opponent. Damage from this attack CANNOT be prevented or reduced

So no, there is no way you can survive the Collector's L3. Not Iceman, not Magneto, not Gwenpool, not Luke Cage, no one.

edit: Looking at your comment again, you probably might be referring to the Collector's L1 and L2 attacks. Yes, you will not get KO'ed by them, but you will most likely be KO'ed after because of Bane, or you will get whacked with a combo if you get stunned during his L1.
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited September 2017
    As for those who recommend using gwenpool for his other specials the collector keeps reducing ability accuracy over time plus his specials have many hits which will have a high chance bypassing her sig and even if you do survive that then the degen will get you
  • Options
    Just to prove that special is a instant k.o for everyone look at the picture I tookitxaainrceoi.png
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Tried with Gwenpool, can't survive any special from the Collector for some reason. Probably the massive degen you get afterwards.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Tried with Gwenpool, can't survive any special from the Collector for some reason. Probably the massive degen you get afterwards.

Yes, Bane will kill you. Even if there wasn't any bane, you'd most likely die if you get hit by the Collector's L1 since it has a 90% chance to stun you