**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tell me about Alliances!

MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Have played for two years now and never joined an Alliance. But starting to get interested. I just don’t understand it all...

I see all this ”Gold map prestige line 120mil+ etc” talk and I don’t understand anything??? Would be grateful for any clear explanations, tips on YouTube videos that could clear out what everything is.

I’m not one of the best players but not the worst either. What should I look/ask for if joining an Alliance? Things to avoid? How active do you have to be in an Alliance?

Comments

• Options
    TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    When joining an alliance the thing to ask is what they expect from you. The recruiter will tell you how active they want you, what donations they intend you provide, if you need a third party chat app, etc.

Big key is that you choose to join one that lines up with your desires. Don't overextend yourself or it will no longer be fun.
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    The two big things are Alliance War and Alliance Quest; they usually lock up the champs you use in them (unless you’re doing very low AQ maps) and require teamwork; different alliances are more or less invested in maxing our those events.
    The map # refers to which AQ maps they usually run, so 445 means two groups (of 10) doing map 4, 1 doing map 5. Higher maps are harder but get better rewards.
    The higher AQ maps cost resources to start, which members donate towards; alliances usually require everyone to donate their share.
    Line is a third-party chat app that a lot of Alliances use to coordinate AQ and AW.
  • Options
    AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    I have a super laid back alliance that I’m currently in due to stepping back from higher end grind, that does only 1 battle group of war and quest instead of 3 that you are more than welcome to join. No requirements or anything. Be good place for you to get foot in door with alliances. And I wouldn’t mind teaching you how everything works. If you want to just message me back here or in game. I got lots of experience playing and can help wherever.

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    So aq is alliance quest, there are 7 maps, if someone says 5x5 that means every day map 5, which would be my recommendation for your roster, it shouldn’t be too bad and isn’t too time consuming, try to look for an alliance with a similar prestige to that if your own, can be found in alliance info page, that way you know you aren’t going far lower than what you can or overextending, 120mil is an aq score

Aw you’ll likely get assigned a path every war and 5 defenders to place, it’s fairly self explanatory, place those champs you’re assigned on defence then pick champions for attack to use on the path you’re given, each fight will have nodes which don’t change between wars, but champions will. Based on war tier you get a points multiplier, which is for seasons, higher multiplier means more points and more rewards, in a season you need to play 5 wars to qualify for rewards. Definitely don’t overextended yourself for war though or you’ll end up using tons of ally potions
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Gold - that would be how much gold weekly you need to donate to pay for AQ maps

map - which of the 7 AQ maps they run (so 5x5 is five map 5s, 5x4 6x1 is map six one day and the rest 5, etc.)

prestige- that basically is a multiplier for AQ points. It is the mastery-less average of your top 5. Yours is fairly low, enough so that you don’t rlly need to care that much.

line- this is the main 3rd party communications app. It just makes comms easier

12mil- that’s just alliance rating (sum of all member’s BHR

Tier # - that would be AW tier. Basically how alliances communicate how competitive they are in AW

Any other “definitions” that need explaining?