**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What skill really is in MCoC (My thoughts)

Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
edited March 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Recently, I learned many new tricks developed by great players. For instance, Reparry method. Now this is a great trick to have mastered, but it doesn't matter if I am able to do it, but I can't implement it where ever its needed. I can do this method, in fights such as RoL WS and normal fights, but when it comes to boss fights, I just forget that this method even exists, solely because I am too nervous to apply it, and I don't trust it, and therefore, I don't trust the process I went through to master it.

Hence, we know that just being able to do something in a particular fight, such as RoL WS, doesn't mean that I have mastered it, but rather, that I simply know about it, and can do it in low risk fights.

It is also important to understand that even after having mastered something, doubts in our own abilities still remain.

Therefore, if we are in a fight with high risk, we might be hesistant to do something we don't fully trust, and trust, not in the sense that it won't work, but there is a chance that we might completely destroy ourselves in a fight that matters.

Another example for this:
I started to really enjoy using IW, because of the amazing damage she was able to do, but soon enough, I quickly found that constantly using sp3 to develop the force field for more damage was not reliable everywhere, but only in very long fights, and fights against champs which I have found hundreds of times and know the animations of, namely, just Winter Soldier. Now I'm not saying that she isn't a great champion, but just that you need to know your opponent before entering a fight that actually matters.

Conclusion:
It might be clear that one of the most important aspect of developing our skill is to be experienced, but experience, by itself, doesn't bring about skill. It is also important to have confidence in our own selves to be able to Intercept, re-parry etc. It is also important to not be afraid of failing at something or losing a fight. Skill is not: being able to do something, but it actually is being able to perform something when you most need it.

Thanks for reading this and I sincerely hope this helped you.