**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How Long Does it Take You to R4 or R5 a 5 Star Hero?

I'm finally on the verge of collecting the 4th T2A to R4 my next 5 Star hero and it's got me thinking: Is it normal for it to take months to rank up a single champ? At the rate that I've been picking up the T2A's and T4CC's, it feels like my next R4 won't happen until Summer.

And I don't even want to think about trying to R5 another champ...It took me almost three years before I finally 5/65'd one of them! I only have less than half of a T5B built up and have no idea how long it will take me to finally have enough resources to max out another 5 Star.

Is this normal? It just feels discouraging when it takes so long to rank up a single champ, especially when I have at least ten other 5 Stars that I'd like to rank up.

Comments

• Options
    RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    What AQ Map do you run? Once you start running Map 6 it really starts to come in fast.
  • Options
    LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    My first r4 five star was psylocke (not on purpose) i just started playing the game again and happened to have all the resources and didnt know how hard t2a is to build up, and needed a stronger champ on my team so I brought her up. My next r4, She Hulk took foreverrrrr. Getting T2a was so slow, along with waiting for enough science t4. But the next I took up, Corvus only took about a month, and my latest r4, Sunspot, I took up to R4 the day I got him. So like honestly it really varies on what resources you already have on hand, what you’re short on, rng, what rewards are around that time (ex. t2a from the summoner appreciation calendar last year helped me r4 she hulk faster than i would’ve) , all those things and more can significantly change how long it takes to take a specific champs up and it can range from really short to extremely long
  • Options
    KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    There’s so many resources spread throughout the variants and Act 6 for those rank ups. Atleast Map 5x5 AQ and how much effort you put into finishing content pretty much dictates how quickly you can r4 and r5. It’s really all up to you.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    This isn't really a fair question. There are a lot of "pay to win" people that buy resources.
    Others clear all content and roll up resources.
    Others run aq map 3-7 varying on rewards.
    Depends on where your alliance places during season rewards.
    Depends on content completed and explored. I.e. if a new variant released, people will spend to clear it as fast as possible and get 4x r4 gems and an r5 gem.

Me personally I have r5'd two champs in the last 2 weeks, but now going to be a while before I get the resources to do another.
  • Options
    PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    Sigh, Map 6 AQ... My alliance is very casual and only just barely started running a single Map 4. Thankfully, we've beaten it twice, heheh! Personally, this is a pet peeve of mine with this game: I wish we didn't have to rely on Alliances so much, I'd rather be a Solo player!

I can't do Variants yet (It's either at a baby beginner level that doesn't really help or an endgame extreme level that destroys me within the first two fights!) and only barely completed the Uncollected half of Act 5. Too much of the game's new content is just too hard for me to beat. If there's any difficulty adjustment, the rewards are just drastically watered down for anything below Uncollected or Epic. (To be fair, they seem to have gotten a little better about that this year, I noticed) The good half of this game's content is just out of reach right now, so it's a slow grind for a casual player like me.

That's fair, I suppose, but it just feels like you're really punished for not playing at the utmost hardcore level, that's all!
  • Options
    Slevin73Slevin73 Posts: 91
    Been playing since september. Already got a R5 and 4 R4. Became Cavalier in December. Got Elders Bane in February. Have the resources to R5 2 other champs (yeah i miss the only resource who most of us are: GOLD). All this in an ally who runs AQ map 4 as a highest map. It all depends on the time you invest on the game. I’m F2P so i just grinded a lot.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 967 ★★★
    Slevin73 said:

Been playing since september. Already got a R5 and 4 R4. Became Cavalier in December. Got Elders Bane in February. Have the resources to R5 2 other champs (yeah i miss the only resource who most of us are: GOLD). All this in an ally who runs AQ map 4 as a highest map. It all depends on the time you invest on the game. I’m F2P so i just grinded a lot.

Wow. That's fast. Took me over 2 years to r5 my 1st 5* last summer.

But to the OP, there is no set time frame. It depends on what type of alliance you are in, what AQ maps are ran, the tier of AW, and your ability to complete the highest difficulty of content available. Like I said, took my 1st 5* to 5/65 last summer, and then went on to 100% act 5 the following week getting me my 2nd.
    Since then, I have been able to max out 5 additional 5*'s. 1 between last summer and the holidays, 2 more during the holidays, another from 100%ing Variant 4, and just took up my 7th over the weekend.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Couple of questions for you
    1. Where are you at in game progression wise?
    2. What long term content have you cleared?
    3. What content do you clear monthly?
    4. Even if you only run map 4 how are you spending glory
    5. What tier war do you run.

If you aren’t a spender you need to be willing to clear content and be smart with how you use your resources in game. Every rank up need to be aimed at getting that next content cleared.

Up until recently I ran a map 4 alliance for a year on break. Through smart rank ups I never found myself wanting on T2a. Thing is i still rank gold 2 min war, I was up to date on content and did at least one pass on Act VI content when it came out, cleared every monthly EQ and epic versions of side quests, cleared all variants, and used my glory smartly to buy a level or 2 of the most valuable rank up materials every week.

Unfortunately at this time the materials you are looking for are still valuable in the economy so they are behind the harder content. If you can’t beat it you will need to practice and learn the techniques to be better at the game. Stronger champs can help but Content like Act V was tuned for r5 4* to be able to beat it so it is possible to do and without sinking a ton of items either.
  • Options
    Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    When I get the right champs
    Otherwise I hold out 😂
  • Options
    Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 340 ★★
    I get about 4 t2a per month between events, AQ map 5x5, and war season. Little more if the monthly side quest is t2a heavy
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Usually an r5/r2 every 1-2 months and 1 r4 a month at some point, sometimes multiple r4s and an r5 in a month if a new variant comes out. Thats nowadays, it took me 7 months to get my first r4 and a year to get my first r5. By contrast the second year i took 5 champs to r5.

The longer you play the less time it takes and as time goes on you also just understand the game more and resources and how to get them and save up and plan out a rank up. And as your roster grows it becomes easier and easier to beat content and get more champs and materials, like today for example, i remember the first boss rush i did, it was really hard and i had to revive my way through and now years later the boss rush comes out today and its just a fun little 15 minute thing to breeze through.

Also if u spend money on resources u can rank really fast. I also make sure to grind up 15k units and have them on hand for cyber monday and July 4th. The 3 tier cav deals are always good for another r5 and an r4 or 2. And its all for free from just playing the game. The key to my units is a regimented and soul crushing arena schedule i do my damn best to stick to.

You can earn alot of units pretty efficiently once u really learn the way the arenas work. With my roster i know exactly which champ to start at and finish at to hit specific milestones, have set teams memorized in all arenas lol tens of thousands of rounds of arena. I think time is better then spending alot of money but i could see an argument to the opposite depending. This game seems to be about time most of all.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Sounds like your simply not doing enough content.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I just ranked my Wasp to R4 because I had expiring T2 alphas. Once you can run map 6 or higher they are a lot more available.