**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Shout out to my favorite champion!

TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 227 ★★
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
Thanks to my good ol trusty Unitman I was able to push through Emma and Rogue on the Boss Rush! In all seriousness, I did enjoy the boss rush. I wasn’t even able to throw units at the last one to get through it. My advice to anyone who doesn’t have Corvus, Void, Cap Beardo, or any of the usual suspects, get your heaviest hitter and just as soon as they (Emma, Rogue) start to regen, quit the fight if you can’t get to them immediately and go back in, do as much damage as possible and then rinse and repeat. Also, if you can utilize the Nick Fury/Quake synergy, that saved me on multiple fights. That being said you need to at least be somewhat proficient at intercepting to truly get through this with or without units. And if you’re having trouble with any of the first three fights, I’m sorry but I just don’t think this one is for you. My MVP was Domino btw and I torched through about 400 units to get through Emma and Rogue but they were the only difficult fights. For a 5star crystal it was worth the units, unfortunately only got another 20 sig levels on my OML, but I’ll take it over a lot of other champs.

Comments

• Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,109 ★★★★
    Nice work. I used the quit/suicide method on rogue too. 2 revives on her, but well worth it.
  • Options

Nice work. I used the quit/suicide method on rogue too. 2 revives on her, but well worth it.

Yeah, I knew it was the only way I would get through it. I could have taken more time to practice more runs at it, but just wanted to get it done so I can go back to focusing on 100% UC EQ this month. Might have to save up some more units for that Terrax fight, damn rock field.
  • Options
    H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★

Yeah, I knew it was the only way I would get through it. I could have taken more time to practice more runs at it, but just wanted to get it done so I can go back to focusing on 100% UC EQ this month. Might have to save up some more units for that Terrax fight, damn rock field.
    Just use someone who can countinually power drain, maybe psylocke (though that would be a long fight). or namor, he would reverse that damage at max sig
  • Options
    @H_I_Z unfortunately I don’t have either. But my goal is to do a mix of Quake and Claire Voyant. At least that’s what worked the first time!
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    H_I_Z said:

Just use someone who can countinually power drain, maybe psylocke (though that would be a long fight). or namor, he would reverse that damage at max sig
    Psylock has low damage, and I feel like her sp1 is too long to use it reliably with how often unstoppable activates. Namor is an interesting option, but you'd have to bait sps and wait for death hit expire. With max sig it may be doable even with 2*, if his sig is still 100%
  • Options
    H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    Aleor said:

H_I_Z said:

Psylock has low damage, and I feel like her sp1 is too long to use it reliably with how often unstoppable activates. Namor is an interesting option, but you'd have to bait sps and wait for death hit expire. With max sig it may be doable even with 2*, if his sig is still 100%
    Aleor said:

H_I_Z said:

Seatin uploaded a vid of guy beating him with a three star namor
  • Options
    L3g3ndaryR3ignL3g3ndaryR3ign Posts: 40
    Hey @TyDollarSign. Just wanted to say thanks. Your tips helped me complete my very first Boss Rush...
  • Options
    @L3g3ndaryR3ign Nice! Congrats to you! This was my first one too. I'd love to do it without spending those units, but I just don't have any of the counters everyone else is suggesting.
  • Options
    L3g3ndaryR3ignL3g3ndaryR3ign Posts: 40

@L3g3ndaryR3ign Nice! Congrats to you! This was my first one too. I'd love to do it without spending those units, but I just don't have any of the counters everyone else is suggesting.

@TyDollarSign Congrats to you too then! I know what you mean. I spent a bunch of units too. But the whole suicide/quit thing to bypass regen didn't occur to me until I read your post. It was really helpful...
  • Options
    Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    Rogue reminded me of 5.2.6 Collector, deal as much damage as you can and get the hell out of there
  • Options

Rogue reminded me of 5.2.6 Collector, deal as much damage as you can and get the hell out of there

Definitely! The only tips I kept seeing out there were Beardo/Void reverse regen, but not everyone has those champs and not everyone has multiple points in the Despair mastery or even have it unlocked, which I don't. So, I had to take a different approach.