**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Post reactions

2»

Comments

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Can we have a "Facepalm" reaction? I've needed that sooooo many times ...
    :)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

Let's forget about me and get back to the topic. Is your argument that people don't use the Disagrees to troll, and they are genuine? I'd have to disagree with that one.

Additionally I find your interpretation of this situation to be highly condescending and disrespectful.

How full of themselves does one person need to be to automatically assume everyone is trolling them and be certain they can not be genuinely disagreed with?

Please restrain from being so disrespectful towards your fellow forum members.
    I didn't say every Disagree is trolling. I also directed the subject off of myself. So we're not talking about me.
    I said if the argument was that people never use the Disagree Button to troll, and the reactions are genuine, I don't agree with that statement. Not all of them. Trolling people with the Button is a thing. It happens. Are there genuine reactions? Absolutely. Do people also troll with it? Undeniably.
  • Options

Let's forget about me and get back to the topic. Is your argument that people don't use the Disagrees to troll, and they are genuine? I'd have to disagree with that one.

Additionally I find your interpretation of this situation to be highly condescending and disrespectful.

How full of themselves does one person need to be to automatically assume everyone is trolling them and be certain they can not be genuinely disagreed with?

I didn't say every Disagree is trolling. I also directed the subject off of myself. So we're not talking about me.
    I said if the argument was that people never use the Disagree Button to troll, and the reactions are genuine, I don't agree with that statement. Not all of them. Trolling people with the Button is a thing. It happens. Are there genuine reactions? Absolutely. Do people also troll with it? Undeniably.
    Your comment made it sound like you're seeing this as an "either or" type of situation, but if you put it this way I agree.
    No. I didn't mean to imply they all are. Probably could have specified that.
  • Options

Your comment made it sound like you're seeing this as an "either or" type of situation, but if you put it this way I agree.
    No. I didn't mean to imply they all are. Probably could have specified that.
    I take it that what you meant to say was: "Is your argument that people don't use the Disagrees to troll [at all], and they are [all] genuine?"

Apologies for the misinterpretation then.

People definitely use that function to troll, just as they used the spam/abuse function to troll.

I'd still say that point is essentially irrelevant, since most of the time it's simply impossible to objectively judge the intentions behind any certain reaction.

Some people apparently even use the "lol" function to indicate making fun of someone. I sometimes like to flag posts/comments as insightful when in fact they are the exact opposite.

At the end of the day anyone can take it as they will. Those immediate reactions don't hold the same merit as a written response anyways.
    Correct. That's what I meant to say. I just didn't fill in the blanks. Lol. I also agree that it's impossible for us to deduce what the intentions are behind someone reacting. Nor do I think it necessarily matters to me. Some look to it as an indicator of what is believable or not. I don't operate out of reactions. If I disagree with something, I use my words to explain why. Because of that approach, I don't need to know someone's intentions behind reacting. Could be genuine, could be personal bias. I read the comments and go based on what's presented.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I want to hit disagree on the last few GW posts so bad! just for the lulz, of course :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.