**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Spin or pop ?

DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
I spin my crystals out.....but I have heard you-tubers say the crystal pull is predetermined...any truth to this ? If so why spin ?

Comments

• DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★

the crystal is determined once you tap it. The reel is just an animation. Youtubers spin the crystal for some more time in the video.

Ok thanks....that’s what I thought....so Kabam has 100 percent say in the crystal pull. My assumption that I have bad luck spinning is really some weighted system that I should get green goblin then like today bishop and next crystal they award me a better champ I hope.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    To save your time pop open the crystals.
  • Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    Dailey said:

I spin my crystals out.....but I have heard you-tubers say the crystal pull is predetermined...any truth to this ? If so why spin ?

The next time you spin a crystal, watch the red number on the top left as soon as you click the crystal to slow it down. It will either decrease by 1 (indicating a dupe), or stay the same (indicating a new champ or duping a max sig champ). If its a champ you didnt have at any rarity, a red number 1 will appear by your username (indicating you have a new profile pic).
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    I sometimes spin singles, but since I usually save to open 5 or so at a time, i just pop em.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I pop everything. I never waste time spinning any crystal
  • SlashingSunsetSlashingSunset Posts: 244 ★★
    There's that "Pep Method" which is famous amongst the Tubers, but I could care less about going in and out of the screen and to believe any of that. I just drag in, pop and have gotten amazing champions so far, but also duds. It's all RNG at the end of the day.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★

Dailey said:

The next time you spin a crystal, watch the red number on the top left as soon as you click the crystal to slow it down. It will either decrease by 1 (indicating a dupe), or stay the same (indicating a new champ or duping a max sig champ). If its a champ you didnt have at any rarity, a red number 1 will appear by your username (indicating you have a new profile pic).
    I never thought bout looking at the red in top left corner
  • YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    ive popped 5 star crystals twice so far. first I got a vision aarkus. second i got a magneto.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    To me at least I have to spin it out popping it feels way to anti-climatic
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    Dailey said:

the crystal is determined once you tap it. The reel is just an animation. Youtubers spin the crystal for some more time in the video.

Ok thanks....that’s what I thought....so Kabam has 100 percent say in the crystal pull. My assumption that I have bad luck spinning is really some weighted system that I should get green goblin then like today bishop and next crystal they award me a better champ I hope.
    As a few have mentioned before, think DNA most recently, the song reel is there to replicate slot machine mechanics and to encourage further spins to see if you can get your desired result.

So if you don't want to be tempted or influenced by gambling mechanics, then always pop.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    spinning is more fun....i tend to spin 5*, 6* and crystals that can get me a 5* or 6* (cavalier for example). Anything else I usually just pop.

The chances shouldn't change either way.

In the end do what you prefer.