**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega red against king groot

MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 840 ★★★
When omega is up against King Groot, with 10 spores, King Groot still shrugs off the debuffs with fury. It is very annoying as omega is supposed to reduce chance to shrug off debuffs by 100%. This ability works with agent venom, for example.

In addition, the node micro reflect deals damage to omega red’s tentacles. I’ve asked around and people say it’s ability accuracy reduction, but no where on his abilities does it list a chance. Its like saying someone has a 100% chance to be immune to a debuff. That’s not true, they just are immune to it, and AA reduction doesn’t stop this, therefore I think omega’s tentacles and other abilities should work in a similar fashion, no?

Is this a bug? In my opinion it absolutely is and should be fixed.

Comments

• EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    The first I believe occurs because omega red reduces the chance of tenacity abilities triggering, but king groot purifies debuffs.
    I think the second happens because the glancing node pretty much bypasses all immunities.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 840 ★★★
    Edeuink said:

The first I believe occurs because omega red reduces the chance of tenacity abilities triggering, but king groot purifies debuffs.
    I think the second happens because the glancing node pretty much bypasses all immunities.

Firstly, omega still stops purification from enemies such as mole man and other champions. There is no issue there

Also glancing doesn’t bypass immunities. It just reduces ability accuracy by 100%, which shouldn’t affect omega’s tentacles
    Kingpin is another example who ‘purifies’ debuffs, and omega stops that
    @Kabam Zibiit Do you guys know about this?

I can't say much about the shrug off thing. Seems to be bugged, or at least it isn't working according to the ability descriptions.

As to glancing, however, omega's anti-thorns on tentacle hits is a passive offensive ability of his. I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be affected by glancing's oaar. Immunities are an inherently different thing it seems, so that comparison doesn't hold up.

Outside of those any ability unless stated otherwise is subject to aar. And any ability with no spelled out chance to trigger has a 100% chance to trigger.

Fair enough. Going back to the immunities thing though, because I think it is comparable. You wouldn’t assume an immunity has a 100% chance to stop a debuff, it just stops the debuff. I think the same with other abilities that just make sense to trigger all the time because it’s in their physiology like omega red’s tentacles.

Its like masacre’s ignition, for example, it doesn’t say a ‘100% chance to ignite the bat’ it just ignites it after 10 charges have been gained... and from my knowledge this is unaffected by ability accuracy.

In addition to that, other passive abilities that don’t list a chance are usually not affected by ability accuracy reduction in my experience
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,105 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit any news on this? King groot still shrugs off debuffs when under 10 or more spores.
  • Would anyone happen to have any footage of King Groot shrugging off those Death Spores or be able to tell us what mode this fight occured in or what nodes were active at the time?

Would anyone happen to have any footage of King Groot shrugging off those Death Spores or be able to tell us what mode this fight occured in or what nodes were active at the time?

It happens in every king groot fight, such as the event quest this month in the very last quest. It’s not the node, it’s simply king groot’s ability to shrug off debuffs which should not be happening against omega when he has 10+ spores. Unfortunately I don’t know how to send videos across, but I can assure you this is an issue.
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    Today I met King Groot in arena with Proxima and same thing happened... On Parry Proxima should reduce ability accuracy of his shrug off by 200% but in reality he was shrugging off as usual
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★

Would anyone happen to have any footage of King Groot shrugging off those Death Spores or be able to tell us what mode this fight occured in or what nodes were active at the time?

It happens after the change to him shug of posin
    Gamer said:

It happens after the change to him shug of posin
    This has been happening for ages. Omega is supposed to reduce chance to shrug off debuffs by 10% each spore, so that would be 100% at 10 spores, however he is shrugging it off 100% of the time.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

I think you misunderstood, the death spores are not the ones being shrugged off, what the OP is saying is that while KG has 10+ spores, he should not be able to purify debuffs at all because 10 spores means -100% chance to purify debuffs, yet KG is supposedly still purifying debuffs.

I think you misunderstood, the death spores are not the ones being shrugged off, what the OP is saying is that while KG has 10+ spores, he should not be able to purify debuffs at all because 10 spores means -100% chance to purify debuffs, yet KG is supposedly still purifying debuffs.
    Yes sorry, he is still shrugging debuffs, like parry stun or degeneration
    I’d also like to point out that this is happening for iceman, his ice armour is still shrugging the stun off (it might be a different mechanic though)
    The text states ‘negates the effect’