**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6.2 Champion and that awful 10%

Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
Currently making my first run at the 6.2 champion boss. Took him down to the final 10% but can't seem to get any prowess.

And before anyone gets mad, I'm not ranting about a bug or dumb this fight is or anything (though it is pretty awful, there is no denying that). I just want some tips for how to deal with it.

I've tried using the dash in technique (evading specials and dashing in before the last hit so you can get the evade and prowess) but I can't seem to get any form of prowess that way.

I don't have a good Cap IW, so blocking the specials and evading that way is basically out of the equation.

Any other good strats? I'm using 4/55 she hulk for this fight along with 5/65 magik.

Comments

• Options
    SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    You need to time it perfectly. It’s pretty easy to do if you practice duel first. I did it last year on my main with cap IW and today with a r3 hood.
  • Options
    SentryPillowSentryPillow Posts: 307 ★★★
    If you evade the head butt a second too early, it won’t count. There is a spot between when his head comes down on you where dashing back will give you a prowess.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Duff12475 said:

Check lagacy's YouTube video (think it was named stealth suit spidy champion solo or something). He talks about dashing back and letting him come at you and you then dodge it then. Less block damage and you're not having to worry about getting the perfect dex mid sp1

I see what he means. Will take a bit of a while but it could work. Will definitely give it a try.
  • Options
    typghtypgh Posts: 79
    I have him down to about 40% and am out of items and units. He becomes so aggressive and is unstoppable or unblockable so often that I can’t get opportunities to get space and intercept him. I’m using R4 Hood to stagger, but feel like I’m done any time it doesn’t place or any time he refuses to be baited into specials or a heavy.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    There is an alternate way to dex it no one talks about. You can dex his second chop. Far easier. And if you are really good you can get a second prowess with the spacing it gives you off of the headbutt. There are some videos on YouTube of it but I used it for all of my takedowns. Even no retreat.

I still can’t do the dash in dex
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    In dork lessons how to defeat 6.2 champion video, he showcases a way to dex the sp2.
  • Options
    Got him down to 10% now as well.

At what point is it better to start over than revive with his persistent charges?

And do you have to get all five in one go or will they carry over (doubt it but want to be sure before I use anything else)?
  • Options
    True, but I don’t see me ever one shotting him and already spent a lot to get here.
  • Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★

If you evade the head butt a second too early, it won’t count. There is a spot between when his head comes down on you where dashing back will give you a prowess.

Which is why this fight is absolutely silly. You can only win with that split second dash back from an exact distance. Zero skill and all BS.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/hgeGEtTge-k

Here you go OP. Recorded the fight when clearing it for my alt recently.

Can be done with any champ that can handle his unstoppable.
  • Options
    Bored in quarantine so I bought units to revive and boosted. Got to four prowess and died from block damage on an SP1 that would have been the fifth. Devastated.