**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Carnage News?

Kabam/Miike

You said to talk about Carnage in the Spotlight post, cause you will close all Carnage posts, etc..
Why the community have no answer in there?
Why the most requested char in the game is the worst? Already 4 months since the ridiculous job from dev team and still no answers,why?
Just, why?
You guys can check an "exploit rewards" from players so fast, but can't even recognize an error/poor job from you kabam guys? Why?
Carnage doesn't have ANY, ANY, ANY, ANY UTILITY in this meta, what's the answer from dev team?
You've been seeing: DEV TEAM IS AWARE OF YOU TOUGHS GUYS SINCE HIS RELEASE, AND NOW? THEY STILL KEEPS NOTHING ABOUT? Just a shame.
Spotlight Carnage : https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/105760#Comment_105760

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    If the team decides to buff Carnage, they will eventually announce it.
    They don't answer "Yes or No" in these cases
  • RafitasRafitas Posts: 65
    Carnage will have a buff in 78.3 update in 2026?
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Why tell us they hear the community thinks he sucks and the dev team has been informed and not have any follow up info months later. Sigh...
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Because pure skill should come first and that still hasn't been dealt with yet?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    Because pure skill should come first and that still hasn't been dealt with yet?

I figured they would do Dr Stange, PS, then Carnage..lol.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    At first, I was one who complain about Carnage. Since I'm a big fan of him in comic book, I tought that he would be very strong, (Need teaming of Spidey and Venom to take him out.)
    Now, after couple of weeks playing him, 4* dupped, I think he's an average champ. I use him in arena, and win. He's a bit shy in hitting, but, if you take some times to learn to play him, he's not that bad.
    If you use you heavy to make opponent bleed, he can do some serious damage.
    Bottom line is, he's not AW/AQ stuff(too long to get ko and there's a timer), but, he can be useful in arena.
    My opinion.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    At first, I was one who complain about Carnage. Since I'm a big fan of him in comic book, I tought that he would be very strong, (Need teaming of Spidey and Venom to take him out.)
    Now, after couple of weeks playing him, 4* dupped, I think he's an average champ. I use him in arena, and win. He's a bit shy in hitting, but, if you take some times to learn to play him, he's not that bad.
    If you use you heavy to make opponent bleed, he can do some serious damage.
    Bottom line is, he's not AW/AQ stuff(too long to get ko and there's a timer), but, he can be useful in arena.
    My opinion.

USEFUL IN ARENA?!

That is the ONLY good thing you can say about him?!
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Most requested character in the game?

I'm still waiting on several characters including Sabertooth.

However, yeah Carnage needs some buffs to bring him up par as a glass cannon (since that is precisely what he is and what he is designed to do).
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148
    Lol, good for arena is his selling point? We have hundreds of champs that can be used for arena (hint, every champ ever made can be used).
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »

USEFUL IN ARENA?!

BDLH wrote: »
    Lol, good for arena is his selling point? We have hundreds of champs that can be used for arena (hint, every champ ever made can be used).

Seriously guys, out of the 104 or so champions in this game, how many are useful outside arena???
    How many, here, are using Ant-man, Falcon, Joe Fixit, etc... outside arena???
    My point was , yes, I was disapointed about Carnage weekness, but, now that I've learned how to use him, I'm not afraid anymore to loose my streak, in arena, because of him being useless.
    `'Nuff, said. ;)
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★

USEFUL IN ARENA?!

Seriously guys, out of the 104 or so champions in this game, how many are useful outside arena???
    My point was , yes, I was disapointed about Carnage weekness, but, now that I've learned how to use him, I'm not afraid anymore to loose my streak, in arena, because of him being useless.
    `'Nuff, said. ;)

So because other champions are useless too, you're fine with him being useless? If you ask me that just means that other heroes need to be buffed as well.
    It seems like we're all in agreement that carnage is a crappy champion, on par with the likes of Ant-man, She Hulk, and Falcon, so... Why shouldn't they all get buffed? Because we can make do without it?
    Kabam has buffed heroes in the past that aren't up to par, and any hero that's limited to only the arena all the time is pretty damn sub-par if you ask me. It should be the quickest way to determine that they should be buffed.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Fives wrote: »

USEFUL IN ARENA?!

`'Nuff, said. ;)

So because other champions are useless too, you're fine with him being useless? If you ask me that just means that other heroes need to be buffed as well.
    It seems like we're all in agreement that carnage is a crappy champion, on par with the likes of Ant-man, She Hulk, and Falcon, so... Why shouldn't they all get buffed? Because we can make do without it?
    Kabam has buffed heroes in the past that aren't up to par, and any hero that's limited to only the arena all the time is pretty damn sub-par if you ask me. It should be the quickest way to determine that they should be buffed.

Carnage is too new. He has to go unused for about 2 years first. Then if all the planets are in alignment and cast the proper spells to make pigs fly and hell to freeze over, you might catch their attention enough to maybe get him buffed.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I've been messing around with him at 3/45 lvl 20, put up some good numbers in ROL vs WS. Kill time was about 6 minutes and I used venom/3 carnage synergy for extra perma-buffs:

yqnehmpe84h9.png

zqqqjaficya3.png

He's still not useful in competitive modes, but he does some monster damage once his buffs are stacked right.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I've been messing around with him at 3/45 lvl 20, put up some good numbers in ROL vs WS. Kill time was about 6 minutes and I used venom/3 carnage synergy for extra perma-buffs:

yqnehmpe84h9.png

zqqqjaficya3.png

He's still not useful in competitive modes, but he does some monster damage once his buffs are stacked right.
    Thats really not that bad. But how long did it take to get his damage up?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Rafitas wrote: »
    Kabam/Miike

You said to talk about Carnage in the Spotlight post, cause you will close all Carnage posts, etc..
    Why the community have no answer in there?
    Why the most requested char in the game is the worst? Already 4 months since the ridiculous job from dev team and still no answers,why?
    Just, why?
    You guys can check an "exploit rewards" from players so fast, but can't even recognize an error/poor job from you kabam guys? Why?
    Carnage doesn't have ANY, ANY, ANY, ANY UTILITY in this meta, what's the answer from dev team?
    You've been seeing: DEV TEAM IS AWARE OF YOU TOUGHS GUYS SINCE HIS RELEASE, AND NOW? THEY STILL KEEPS NOTHING ABOUT? Just a shame.
    Spotlight Carnage : https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/105760#Comment_105760

the "official main threads" aren't for any meaningful response/action by Kabam ... they are to let the community "have a temper tantrum in a controlled thread and get it out of their system", treating the community like children, until it's been long enough without any meaningful response/action, that the community accepts the bad changes or whatever the issue is.
    R4GE wrote: »

yqnehmpe84h9.png

zqqqjaficya3.png

Around 20 sec/buff, so his base 5 takes around 1:40 and this build with 8 buffs takes around 2:40 to make.

yqnehmpe84h9.png

zqqqjaficya3.png

Around 20 sec/buff, so his base 5 takes around 1:40 and this build with 8 buffs takes around 2:40 to make.
    Thanks. Was curious how realistic he would have been for usefulness in a timed fight like AQ or AW

yqnehmpe84h9.png

zqqqjaficya3.png

Thanks. Was curious how realistic he would have been for usefulness in a timed fight like AQ or AW

For reference, without venom synergy (5 perma-buffs) it took 346 hits to drop WS (6:50 kill time). But can still do 12k+ on a 5 hit combo if all crit. I plan to take him against rhino mini as soon as I can to see how much damage he can do in 3 minute timer.

yqnehmpe84h9.png

zqqqjaficya3.png

For reference, without venom synergy (5 perma-buffs) it took 346 hits to drop WS (6:50 kill time). But can still do 12k+ on a 5 hit combo if all crit. I plan to take him against rhino mini as soon as I can to see how much damage he can do in 3 minute timer.

If you don't mind, message me the outcome of Rhino. Im looking into Carnage for prestige. Wouldn't mind seeing some usefulness out of him