**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Terrax 6* pulling Max 4* damage?

MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
edited March 2020 in General Discussion
So, a short time ago Kabam released an update for Ebony Maw that would bring his damage output in line with where a 5 and 6 star rarity should be performing. Considering they did this, one would think that no new champs would be released scaled back as much, going forward. Well, turns out Terrax is a shining example of Ebony Maw reincarnated! His damage output is terrible. He gets average damage when his Rock Field is going but that only lasts for a hot second. His description touts certain dynamics that increase the duration of his Rock Field but even then, it feels like it only lasts for about 8 seconds. Nowhere does it seem to mention a set amount of time for the Rock Field to remain active so the probabilities could make for a less than desirable matchup most of the time. When it does activate, my guess is you’re supposed to be aggressive, but the Ai just stands back against the wall, blocking or doesn’t open up for an attack while it’s going. Furthermore if you do try to launch a heavy, they come out of blocking to smack you right in the face and then commence blocking again. Then resume attacking after the Rock Field dissipates. It’s almost impossible to keep up the short armor breaks as well ( which shouldn’t take so many to apply heavy damage ). A fight that would take a normal R2 6* champ 50 hits takes Terrax 80-100. Does anyone know how to use this guy? Or is he just another filler champ designed to milk for crystals? I’ll tell ya, between him and Surfer, the Heralds of Galactus, they feel more like the Heralds of Poppa Smurf! Any insight appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• YENANSASHESYENANSASHES Posts: 252 ★★
    i reckon hes just a filler champ, with no use but to give worse 5 star and 6 star pulls
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,908 ★★★★★
    They did the heralds of galactus horrible it’s like they are saying galactus didn’t supply them with enough of the power of cosmic or galactus is just weak himself
  • MSpawnMSpawn Posts: 102
    Hey guys, not really looking to pour in so much on how horrible he is, I’m merely using the description as a backdrop to highlight some major gaps in his overall champion mechanics on what could/should be an awesome champ. I went into detail to describe how his “golden master”version missed the mark. Would love to see more detailed testing results as this champion does not do well at the 5 and 6* rarities in major questing modes. Nor does he provide meaningful enough synergies to include on a 5 man team. Really hope Kabam gets him back on the drawing table soon!
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    Terrax was a monster on this month's UC EQ but on offence he is just a wet noodles. Well played KaBam :p
    Yep. And for comparison, here’s a R2 6* taking block damage vs the damage he does on offense with an unblocked hit.

He is a tanky defender but geez! He doesn’t have much to offer in return! (without Rock Field anyway) Have him on AW defense today so we’ll see how that goes.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    He was very obviously designed strictly for defense. Kind of a bummer, but considering how amazing Longshot and Mojo were, I think we can let this one slide.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Hes for defense. Trust me you wouldn't want to face him with high attack. Be careful what you wish for.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    If they hadn’t downgraded his heavy attack boost so much, he’d have a strong weapon for offense that wouldn’t come up much on defense. Too bad.
  • TombadurTombadur Posts: 13
    Yes Terrax is terrible in offense... if at least his indestructible could take a sp3 then you could play him aggressively and pin opponents to the corner... but he is pretty useless in any attack... I cant believe how weak his hits are and how weak they made him in the game... sad