Options

Problems with 5.3.5 and 5.3.6

Hello guys, this is the first time I write something in this forum, but I'm so freaking annoyed right now, because I can't get through the last 2 parts of chapter 5.3. That's why I'm writing, I need tips to get this done.

First of all I want to say that I've fully explored all the other chapters 5.4 included and oh boy, nothing compares to this hell. I think there are some nodes that are just there to grab your money, yeah, I'm talking about the spiked armor ones and especially about the cornered + power reserve one (this is just straight cancer).
My roster isn't very varied, but I have some God Tier champs: R5 Corvus, R4 Blade, R4 Void, R4 GR and R4 Magik, all of them duped and some strong R3 5* too.

I'm fine with the two first fights of the Rulk path (Rulk and Psylocke are easy) but every time I have to play against OG Vision I die a bunch of times, he is just gaining power with synthesis and sp3 me to death, the few lucky times I finished him without dying, Hyperion did the same to me, just sp3 spam and GG. I have to say I tried to powerlock them with Magik, but this IA is just depressing, I can't bait them to lauch their SP before they reach SP3 ._. .

I'm waiting for your advice guys, I don't want this to look like a crying post, but really this isn't even funnt at all, variant was hard but fair, but this one just seems designed by a slot machine.

Comments

• Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    The rulk path in 5.3.6 has power reserve, so you can stun lock through it with stark spider man
  • Options
    dyu11dyu11 Posts: 8
    Edeuink said:

The rulk path in 5.3.6 has power reserve, so you can stun lock through it with stark spider man

Don't have Starky bro :(
  • Options
    RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    If you have starkly or gambit at any star level, you can stun lock power reserve fights by cycling your special 1
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    If you have magik, I would honestly just cycle sp2. Funny enough I’ve been working on that quest right now too, and what I try to do is to keep him at sp1 as much as possible and just keep baiting that out, land a couple hits, bait repeat. But with magik, you should be able to keep him stuck and just do that til you finish him off.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    dyu11 said:

Edeuink said:

Don't have Starky bro :(
    Any champ with a guaranteed sp1 stun can do it, ronan even as a 2* can
  • Options
    dyu11dyu11 Posts: 8
    Thanks for your tips guys, I finally completed act 5 using the stunlock method with Hulk and awakened my 5*Namor with the gem!