**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I believe that colossus is a “beyond god tier champ”

2»

Comments

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Hazzalec1 said:

I don’t know how people will receive this post, but this is my personal opinion. Colossus was recently buffed (around 6 or 7 months back) and he’s now an amazing champ. His sustainability alone makes him amazing, adding to that his many important immunities. His triple immunities to bleed, incinerate, and coldsnap/frostbite makes him a great contender for nodes like trial by fire, biohazard, and iceman. His ability to gain +100% power in situations where his AA is lowered makes him great for matchups like domino. His immunity to armor break effects (unless inflicted by a tech champ) and his ability to go past 40 armors grants him immense attack and even more sustainability (he can also auto fight his way through ROL WS). His specials hit like a truck, and his sp3 further grants him even more sustainability through lowering attack and crit rating. His fury off the heavies are insane, and gets even more amped up by the armors. He may need synergies like OR (but lots of champs like ghost rely on synergies) and OR is a great champ anyways. He takes around 40 damage a parry with many armors even in places like act 6 with extremely stacked health pools. Some people say that he is hampered by stun immune nodes, but I think this is false. He does lose some damage from them, but even without he hits like a truck. KT recently did a lab clear with him where he was hitting 50k+ specials (assassins bypasses the damage cap) with absolutely no fury from the heavy active. I think he has a lot of “beyond god tier” characteristics. He has the sustainability, the damage, and the immunities to tackle and destroy a lot of endgame content. He’s generally ranked with champs like iceman, Emma, sunspot, and havok. I think he’s a step above these champs and that he deserves a little more recognition.

He’s amazing. However, he does rely on the fury for the big damage and hence the parry-heavy playstyle, so limber or stun immune he isn’t the best for. His style of damage is also big crits, which may be reduced by rage nodes, damage caps etc. He also relies on armour buffs, so buffet and burden of might also aren’t his cup of tea. Of course he does have immunities which is always nice.

I’m not trying to take anything away from him, he’s amazing, it’s just that I don’t think he is beyond god tier, but he’s almost there.
    I Solo'ed the Initial Clear of LoL (besides Magik though she is doable) with just Colossus and spent only 40 Units, he REALLY doesn't need the Parry Heavy Playstyle. It just makes fights end quicker, but is Far from necessary and doesn't diminish his Value in any way.
    Also when there is a Damage Cap he still has his insane Damage Mitigation so you can still outlast the Opponent with little health lose, yeah the fight will take a bit longer but he's better than most other Champions in the situation that will get wittled down through Parries/Block.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

1)Beast for act 6.
    2)Beast for labrynth.
    3)Very good for AW(My alliance member use him alot)
    4)Beast of Abyss as well.
    I think everyone knows he is a meta.

According to the amount of disagrees, not everyone knew in March when this thread was initially started!
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    CapMark2 said:

You are right. The Damage output is Seriously ridiculous. Went from the worst Champ to one of the best. Now THAT'S How you Buff a Champ Kabam!!

why did you bring this thread back its been gone for 3 months
  • Options
    blurblotblurblot Posts: 40
    edited July 2020
    my mistake, i got the reply confused.