**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Struggling to choose

QuattrucciQuattrucci Posts: 160 ★★
Long time listener, rarely post.
Can’t decide between rank up materials or shards or both.
What’s more important to me as a player in my stage of the game, ranking up the above average 5 stars I already have (Spidey SS, GR, Hype, Magik) or enhancing my roster of 5 stars? I’m uncollected, up to 5.4.1. Have a good selection of maxed out duped 4 stars. 5k shards away from first 6 star. Advice from farther along players to help me decide is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I'd go with the Mats.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    it's actually a really tough choice but in the "endgame" you're gonna really need those resources man to rank your set team up. shards are always available .. BUT the resources (unless you explore the tougher content) are hard to come by in a reasonable amount of time.
  • Options
    ThehereticTheheretic Posts: 110
    Keep in mind you can do 2 weeks of one and then switch to 2 weeks of the other.
  • Options
    dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 416 ★★★
    What you want to do is that you should first see which difficulty you are capable of doing. Then, see the rewards for the difficulty, and choose the one which is more enticing or you need more. Personally, if I were you, I'd go for the rank up, cos you might be able to then complete act 5, get 2500 6 star shards, and be much closer to your first 6 star...
  • Options

What you want to do is that you should first see which difficulty you are capable of doing. Then, see the rewards for the difficulty, and choose the one which is more enticing or you need more. Personally, if I were you, I'd go for the rank up, cos you might be able to then complete act 5, get 2500 6 star shards, and be much closer to your first 6 star...

I have an abundance of skill T4CC. With more T1A I could take Stealthy to R4. Just pulled him today
  • Options
    MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
    Even if you’d go for the shards you have no idea what you get from them. If it’s bad, you’ll regret not just going for the materials, and also if what you get is good you probably won’t have enough to rank them up with anyway. At least if I were you I’d go for materials and maybe switch if you think you got enough.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020

I have an abundance of skill T4CC. With more T1A I could take Stealthy to R4. Just pulled him today
    Definitely rank that boi up. I'm at around your progression level atm and my R4 Stealthy is putting in serious work.
  • Options
    Hawkcrew2000Hawkcrew2000 Posts: 150
    I’m around the same spot you are in the game and I’m having the SAME dilemma. I could definitely use some more top tier 5*s but the rank up materials are sweet as well. I’m leaning rank up materials but I’m still on the fence tbh
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Id split
  • Options
    FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    I’m pretty much where you are at in the game, I am completely focused on ranking the 5* i have right now, so i choose rank up materials
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice community. Day 1 took my Stealthy up to R4, he was able to 1 shot everyone besides Wolverine in ROL.