**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW/AQ: Timidity or something else?

AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
I sometimes see people approach a node (use energy) but not commit to the fight, or wait a very long time to do so, even when there’s no possibility of receiving backup.

Apart from timidity, or worse, why would someone do this?

I’m trying to understand instead of be critical, but I’m struggling to come up with ideas.

The only good reason I can think of is to maximise the use of boosts, but I doubt that’s the case most of the time.

What do you think?

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    If they need to boost, then it makes sense to get to a node, wait for energy so you can fight multiple nodes using boosts. No need to waste a boost on one fight.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Depends on your level but there are many reasons. Mostly more intelligent verse being timid.

1. Like you said Move up then build energy before moving so you can boost and do it in one shot
    2. Make sure to keep energy flowing so move up even in a situation where you can’t fight. For instance if you are at work and can’t fight but can move and use your energy.
    3. Moving up but having a life need come up or deciding its best to wait to fight. Like for instance myself moving up but the wife calls me just as I do to help with something. Or my kids come kamikaze in and decide to wait.
    4. Moving up but then deciding to duel the person to see what there mastery builds are or dueling the champ to prepare for the fight.
    5. Moving up to take energy but then finishing what they we doing in game before continuing in war(6* arena champs to get the m refreshing for instance)

And so on.

I think being timid is the wrong way to look at it. In most cases they are trying to be smart about how they attack or when they attack which is what you want. Those that never pause probably are more reckless than those that realize they don’t need to attack immediately.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Thanks guys, I need to be less judgmental by the sounds of it.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Nah I've seen guys who will pull up to a node and wont even attempt it until you tell them to.
    So there are people on both sides of this
  • TendersquadTendersquad Posts: 192
    Could be connectivity issues too. I've attempted a fight only to lose connection and not be able to get back on for a bit.