**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A Member came back from the Exploits Ban with MORE gone than he gained

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
A lontime member of our alliance just came off the 7 Day Quest Exploits Ban today.

What he found was a SHOCK. Not only had the gains from the glitch been removed, but also rewards received before the glitch.

So far, he has found 15,000 give star shards, a few T4 Class Catalysts, one champ deranked and lots of missing gold that he had before the glitch. Luckily, he has time and date stamped screenshots showing this was all his originally.

I advised him to send a ticket along with the screenshots to Kabam Support.

Has this happened to anyone else?? I would hate to see good members quit over something that can hopefully be resolved.

Comments

• TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 255 ★★
    My heart bleeds for him
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    :'(
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam also has time and date stamped records of when rewards were given and actions taken for accounts. Good luck?
  • HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
    And what? Not capable of mistakes. Okie dokie then.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    HQ101 wrote: »
    And what? Not capable of mistakes. Okie dokie then.

Anything can have mistakes. These things are usually thorough, though. However, nothing can be done on the Forum because they don't have access to the Account. Tell your friend he will have to open a Support Ticket.
    I remember when the notorious derank patch came out that tons of players had super-infated health and attack. More than enough to complete Quests they normally couldn't. Can't recall any BANS coming out of that Exploit.
    Yeah, put a chocolate bar in a little kids hand and tell them not to eat it. Lol

Seems like the only thing really EXPLOITED here was general human nature.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Yeah, put a chocolate bar in a little kids hand and tell them not to eat it. Lol

Seems like the only thing really EXPLOITED here was general human nature.

This is starting to feel like a Venting Post rather than a question.
    Then find another post. There are others.
    A longtime friend and member gets shafted and shafted again, cant say I am happy about it. He may still quit.
    So, by ur logic its ok to dig into their rewards as retribution? Hmm, wonder how well that would work out for most?

Brilliant.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    They can a do make mistakes a lot, I wasn't banned or anything however they did do something without checking with me or my account today which ticked me off.

When I woke up They unranked my Angela and took away a lot more than they should've taken away by an insane amount ( 40 levels of gold and iso doesn't equal two instance of minimal excess).

From my perspective it seems like I just picked a bad time to rank 4 40 my Angela, a bad time to play the game, to do the arena, sell some of my iso and catalysts to do so and that's really all then days later rank her.

Worse part is that they knew about me ranking days before they unranked her, because I had an issue with my tier 4's. I get that they wanted to make sure but at least check first and refund the resources that you used. I put in a ticket but I'm not expecting much from them.
    Thanks. So these mistakes can happen. I appreciate the info.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Kabam has the right to do whatever they want with accounts that break TOS
    The question was has this happened to anyone else? And somewhat of a follow-up question is what has been done about it.

And yes I am upset it happened. Not gonna hide the fact. But if if happened to you or your friends, I am sure you'd all appreciate straight answer as opposed to cutesy little quips.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    The question was has this happened to anyone else? And somewhat of a follow-up question is what has been done about it.

And yes I am upset it happened. Not gonna hide the fact. But if if happened to you or your friends, I am sure you'd all appreciate straight answer as opposed to cutesy little quips.

Yes i wrote a ticket to support which is about all you can tell them to do, and nothing yet since they never responded. If they have images about before the glitch occurred and what they got submit them to kabam support.

Not without evidence or checking, trust me what they took away isn't anywhere near what I got received by complete accident due to a glitch on their end and i can prove it.

I get that they want to take back excess but that's all they need to do, if you didn't knowingly violate it then they shouldn't make decisions without a through investigation or contacting said player or check through what the player was doing over that period and after.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »

Interesting perspective that covers a LOT of scenarios.

Like, I guess it's maybe "right" to dig into ur bank account if u break the rules. They do have a copy on file. It's part of ur account. Linked to it. You took from them, so fair is fair. Huh?

But it begs the question, Do their rights supercede what is actually right?
  • Hey Everybody,

First of all, we need to point out that this was not just a glitch. This was an exploitable bug that could be intentionally used to farm extra rewards. If somebody received a ban for this, it is because they heavily abused the exploit in order to gain a lot of rewards that they should not have received. We didn't take those matters lightly, and did our due diligence before taking these actions.

When we did start to take back the rewards gained from the exploit, we only took away what was gained from abusing the bug. We have no intention of removing more than what was gained illegitimately, unless a player used items on a champion they received due to abuse of the exploit. We gave you all a heads up about this here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16846/regarding-repeat-quest-rewards-exploit-clarification-added

As these bans start to end, we can expect to see stories from players claiming things along these lines, but it's important to remember that we were very careful when issuing a ban, and when taking rewards back. It may be hard to believe that somebody you know and trust may have received a ban, or had their rewards removed, but you need to trust that we didn't commit to these actions haphazardly.

Since we do not discuss actions taken on individual accounts in the forums, we're closing this thread down now.
This discussion has been closed.