**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rank the top power control champs for questing

I'm not talking about in the arena when you are running a suicide team and need a quick power drain, I'm talking about 2+ minute fights, etc. Which champion effectively eliminates the opponents special attacks for the entire fight the most consistently?

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Magik, vision are the best
  • KyokaKyoka Posts: 43
    Vision and psylocke are my Favorites
    However Doctor Voodoo and Magik are great as well
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    for long run Vision, Magik and Voodoo
    if you need power drain right off bat for power gain or instant x bar of power node: Dorm, Psylocke or gamble with WS and SW
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    I love dr Voodoo for Magik. The healing st the beginning helps you build up to a Power burn and then beat up on Magik and use special 1 until she is done for.

What's your strategy for Psylocke?
  • Lfer58Lfer58 Posts: 65
    I love dr Voodoo for Magik. The healing st the beginning helps you build up to a Power burn and then beat up on Magik and use special 1 until she is done for.

Bait the opponents special one that get them near their special and do ur own special one keep doing that because they are power drained and u gain a bar of power
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    OG Vision is awesome. Once Voodoo gets going he's really good. Of course Magik locks them down. There are others but these are the ones I rely on.
  • RealPastorRealPastor Posts: 82
    This is my list:
    1) OG Vision dupped is the best. (mine is only 2* ((((( )
    2) Magik/Vision AOU.
    3) Voodoo.
    4) HE.
    5) Psylocke.
    6) Dormammu.
    7) WS/SW.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Magik's L2 is bread and butter for me. Almost foolproof that once yoh hit the 1st L2, Chaining the power lock till KO is almost guaranteed. I like all the power control champs such as Vision and the rest, because they each have their advantages, I personally don't enjoy the the fact that against powergain champs, chaining 2 or more of their L1s wont necesarily drain down past the opponents L1 and if we wanted to get his L2 ready, sometimes the opponent can be closer to their L3 before we are able to do that.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★

This is an idea of how to work with Psylocke...
    Please don't judge my gameplay. I play this game since May.
    I'm a little bit better now. ;)
    https://youtu.be/c3r3cQ2q9gE
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★

I don't understand how this showcases how to use Psylocke.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »

I don't understand how this showcases how to use Psylocke.

Well a basic summary is that the opponent doesn't gain power from ONLY PSYLOCKE's hits if she has 1 psi-charge and opponent is at zero power. To make it happen bait the opponents sp1 and have ur special 1 ready too. Use your special 1 when the opponent is pretty much near zero power and you have atleast 1 psi-charge and voila you got infinite power lock unless u get hit or if the opponent passively gains power

P.S. Psi-charge is gained whenever opponent reaches one power bar threshold
  • SegalionSegalion Posts: 43
    Civil warrior L2
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Depends on whether you are talking about the best champions as a whole who also have good power drain or just who has the best power control mechanics. Dr. Voodoo is the overall best power control champion and has the 3 best actual power drain mechanics. As overall champions vision and magik are not as good as voodoo but have slightly better power control mechanics
  • BluuurrrrBluuurrrr Posts: 38
    Magik sp2 power locks until u get another sp2 and does loads of damage
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Why is no one talking about hawkeye? He is one of the very few champs in the game that can significantly drain power with his sp1.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Haven't seen Stark Enhanced Spidey mentioned. Not the greatest but his heavy attack power drains. His taunt helps give a bit of control to bait the specials a lot easier as well. Makes him one of the best power control for All or Nothing nodes. Situational maybe
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I've had fights with Dormammu where opponent never reached 1 full bar (mainly to see if I could do it). Just spam MM combos and avoid being hit. It takes a long time to actually beat someone powerful that way but it keeps the power down.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Voodoo just cause he has regen as well as power control, then magik, then vision. I would choose vision over the others if he's needed for his immunities