**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyclops

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
So I finally got a new champion out a five star after only getting dupes for the last twenty and it’s Red Cyclops. I already have Blue Cyclops, but I’m still excited because I really missed getting new champs. Anyways, I compared the two at 1/25 and noticed that they have the exact same stats. The only difference is that Blue Cyclops has an additional synergy that the other doesn’t.
My question is this, what is the purpose of having two characters that are exactly the same?
Follow up question, can we get this other champions? I’d love to have two Doctor Dooms or Ghosts where the only difference is their appearance and a synergy.

Comments

• Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★

My question is this, what is the purpose of having two characters that are exactly the same? .

WHY WHY WHY.??? Because.... that’s why!

No really i think that they needed a new champs a few years back and a red cyclop was appropriated at that time, now with all the new nodes and OP champs, a «  red cyclops » as we know him would not see the day.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I have blue cyclops, praying that I don't get red cyclops.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvklOlpN_TI&t=114s
    I think this might explain it - it's an old seatin video
  • Options
    CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    It's the hero and the villain but no need to both be so weak
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    These responses are better than I could’ve hoped for lol
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Wow, just wow, you’ve won the game, he’s by far the most effective champ out there, destroys magiks in aw and just cheeses the whole game, congrats, I’m jealous
  • Options
    FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    They made red cyclops in the hope that people start buying the comics, but people don’t really do that anymore. Marvel unlimited is a solid deal though, all the marvel comics ever, up to 6 months ago.

The transition Cyclops makes from blue to red is honestly awesome, all the decisions he made since Josh Whedon’s Astonishing X-men and leading to Xavier’s school I could get behind. He really steps up as the leader. He is the captain America of the X-men and deserves better treatment in the movies and also in this game.

Sorry, nothing funny to add except Cyclops was right
  • Options
    StarzStarz Posts: 153
    I'll say this. Cyclops could be such a BOSS!! They need to redo him next
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    Right? Seems so weird having Havok being so much more OP and versatile than his brother, when they should be at equal levels of power and ability.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Cyclops’s eye blasts eat thru Sinister in the comics (and TV show based on them). Not in this game tho.
  • Options
    FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    phil56201 said:

Right? Seems so weird having Havok being so much more OP and versatile than his brother, when they should be at equal levels of power and ability.

Wait till they bring in the youngest of the Summers, Vulcan
    MSRDLD said:

Cyclops’s eye blasts eat thru Sinister in the comics (and TV show based on them). Not in this game tho.

Yeah his optic eye blast is a portal from another dimension, he suffers from brain damage when he, as a kid jump out of a plane with his little brother Havok, so that dad could become a space pirate.

That’s why he cannot control his powers, just like his son Nathan Summers (Cable) although that’s because of a techno virus (weird that Warlock can infect the infected). That Jean had problems with controlling her powers is a bit of an understatement.

Most superheroes struggle with their powers, but this family a little extra, well, until pretty much all of the Summers get slaughtered in 1.3 seconds or so during a family BBQ.

But grandpa Cyclops still has Hope.