**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Story in this month’s EQ

I feel like Kabam has been nailing the story in the fantastic 4 saga and a lot of the content, but I just have no idea what’s going on in this month’s EQ.

This is supposed to be like a CW event, but why the **** will champions even side with apocalypses, apocalypses’s side is literally a generic villain motivation of destruction and stuff. In the hulk fight he said he knows about the hulk tribe in mroc, so maybe it make sense for him to side with apocalypse, but no, the apocalypse side is actually fighting against him, why? The story is just super confusing, can anyone from Kabam explain the plot of this event?

Also the tie in to mroc is super forced, so far I’m not impressed with the story in this EQ.

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I'm pretty sure DS was returned back to physical form, thats pretty much the only thing I figured out

Edit: At least its better than fortnite's storyline, which consists of conspiracy theories from tommy at top5 gaming
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    To be fair, the side event storyline barely matters. For example, take a look at the January event. Why would the summoner collect acorns? What's the point?

Even if you make the argument that the summoner is collecting them as a currency, who the heck is stupid enough to sell stuff in exchange of acorns? It makes absolutely no sense.

As @lowlevelplayer said, just take the part of the story that Doctor Strange gets his physical body back, and two characters have arrived from the Battleworld, namely Sorcerer Supreme and Pyramid X.

Honestly, it was just an excuse to advertise MROC, the story didn't really matter.
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    The squirrels were buying the acorns in exchange for other stuff they don't need
  • Options
    myleemylee Posts: 4
    I actually really liked how they set up mroc’s background, where it’s like a pocket universe or something like that born within the battle realm in mcoc. So I’m a little bit salty then they missed the mark this EQ. They could’ve done a lot better to connect the characters in mcoc to the mroc world.
    I know a lot of people don’t give a **** about the story, so maybe Kabam probably won’t care, but imo those who care would really appreciate Kabam giving us a reason to at least fight for the side we chose.
  • Options
    WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    Why would champions side with Apocalypse? To get them sweet sweet crystal shards
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Honestly, they’ve already set up MROC very well with the whole Fantastic Four arc they had last year.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    i guess I'm in the minority i never read any of the story.....I wish there was a way to auto skip any of the text bubbles that show up....if i want to read a comic bookish story I read the comics which is a more fun use of my time (which I do).....but i guess YMMV....
  • Options
    daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    I've never read a single story line in any event monthly or story I've ever done and I've been playing practically the whole lifespan of the game.