**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Calculating the Corvus Timeout Strategy and my thoughts on it and whether it is a problem.

As some of you may know, during YeetOS and Lagacy's record run stream for incursions, they discovered three things. One, YeetOS is a godly quake player, two, you can timeout with Corvus, and keep all of your damage, making him one of the best options for staying in the game with his cheat death, and three, if you restart your game, you can reset a fight.

Let's start with number one, YeetOS and his quake. The man literally quaked healthpools of nearly a million. Awesome skills.

But onto the main point of this post, I calculated Lagacy's burst periods with Corvus. I took four matchups from their latest stream, and took the numbers. These are all with a fully ramped up Corvus. They did also restart their games alot, but I think I have come up with a way to fix this without it becoming a problem when your game actually crashes.

Matchup 1: Zone 20 Black Widow:
Total Health: 778, 129
Notes: This is by far the quickest matchup of them all, and also the one with the most overall damage, due to two things:
1. Black Widow is an Avenger
2. She didn't have any nodes.
This let him deal about 590,000 damage in just a few minutes. The thing with this strategy is that you have to wait for the full 8 minute timer, meaning that he dealt 73,750 damage per minute. This becomes about 1,229 DPS. This is about as good as you could get it. However, when compared to other champs, like Aegon who have much higher DPS's, which are also able to get around similar content.

Matchup 2: Zone 23 Nebula:
Total Health: 951,665
Notes: This is probably the closest to a regular matchup, in the fact that all he had against her was a class advantage.
He managed to take down 310,000 health in his best run, but he probably restarted his game about 5 times in total with this fight. His DPS on a perfect run however, would be 645 per second. This is quite low, with a Cull Obsidian on his first fight having nearly double the DPS. I do want to note that, although it is a small DPS, you can get a lot of health down quickly, and then do something else that is not in the game for six minutes or so.

Matchup 3: Zone 24 IMIW:
Total Health: 984, 647
Notes: This matchup could have been significantly better if not for the nodes. The special lock 1 caused him to not have access to his SP2. This crippled the damage, but since he was an avenger, he started with more charges.
Corvus was able to get 440K down in this time, although he did avoid his below 15% phase, which would've made it a bit harder. The DPS was 917 per second. I suspect he could've done 650K had it not been for the special lock 1.

Matchup 4: Zone 25 Darkhawk:
Total Health: 994, 195
Notes: This was not a particularly great matchup. Because of the increased power gain, he had to use 5 hit combos to get darkhawk to his L2s. This prevented him from gaining enough power to go for his SP2 himself, so he ended up with a shorter damage phase of only 210K, or 438 DPS. This is pretty low, and part of the reason why I don't think this needs to be fixed.

Overall, the Corvus cheese is pretty useful, but definitely not OP, and still requires skill. I mean, if the cheese is OP, then Corvus is way to OP. As for the restart game thing, I think if it kept the current amount hp on both champions, and kept the same amount of power, that would work well. As to SP3s, I don't know if this is possible, but you can calculate the damage on an SP3, so if it were to trigger, if your game crashed, the damage would still be dealt to you. Once again, I don't know if the Kabam Servers can hold this data, but I mean the way it is currently is pretty fine. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★
    PsyLife said:

As some of you may know, during YeetOS and Lagacy's record run stream for incursions, they discovered three things. One, YeetOS is a godly quake player, two, you can timeout with Corvus, and keep all of your damage, making him one of the best options for staying in the game with his cheat death, and three, if you restart your game, you can reset a fight.

Let's start with number one, YeetOS and his quake. The man literally quaked healthpools of nearly a million. Awesome skills.

But onto the main point of this post, I calculated Lagacy's burst periods with Corvus. I took four matchups from their latest stream, and took the numbers. These are all with a fully ramped up Corvus. They did also restart their games alot, but I think I have come up with a way to fix this without it becoming a problem when your game actually crashes.

Notes: This is by far the quickest matchup of them all, and also the one with the most overall damage, due to two things:
    This let him deal about 590,000 damage in just a few minutes. The thing with this strategy is that you have to wait for the full 8 minute timer, meaning that he dealt 73,750 damage per minute. This becomes about 1,229 DPS. This is about as good as you could get it. However, when compared to other champs, like Aegon who have much higher DPS's, which are also able to get around similar content.

Notes: This is probably the closest to a regular matchup, in the fact that all he had against her was a class advantage.
    He managed to take down 310,000 health in his best run, but he probably restarted his game about 5 times in total with this fight. His DPS on a perfect run however, would be 645 per second. This is quite low, with a Cull Obsidian on his first fight having nearly double the DPS. I do want to note that, although it is a small DPS, you can get a lot of health down quickly, and then do something else that is not in the game for six minutes or so.

Notes: This matchup could have been significantly better if not for the nodes. The special lock 1 caused him to not have access to his SP2. This crippled the damage, but since he was an avenger, he started with more charges.
    Corvus was able to get 440K down in this time, although he did avoid his below 15% phase, which would've made it a bit harder. The DPS was 917 per second. I suspect he could've done 650K had it not been for the special lock 1.

Notes: This was not a particularly great matchup. Because of the increased power gain, he had to use 5 hit combos to get darkhawk to his L2s. This prevented him from gaining enough power to go for his SP2 himself, so he ended up with a shorter damage phase of only 210K, or 438 DPS. This is pretty low, and part of the reason why I don't think this needs to be fixed.

Overall, the Corvus cheese is pretty useful, but definitely not OP, and still requires skill. I mean, if the cheese is OP, then Corvus is way to OP. As for the restart game thing, I think if it kept the current amount hp on both champions, and kept the same amount of power, that would work well. As to SP3s, I don't know if this is possible, but you can calculate the damage on an SP3, so if it were to trigger, if your game crashed, the damage would still be dealt to you. Once again, I don't know if the Kabam Servers can hold this data, but I mean the way it is currently is pretty fine. What do you think?

Well im dont find it op ther hav to wait 8 minut. And one more it Can be use any game mode ther hav a tommer one the Way to cler it it to put a 40 mint one nobody wil wait for 40 mint
  • Options
    PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Gamer said:

PsyLife said:

Well im dont find it op ther hav to wait 8 minut. And one more it Can be use any game mode ther hav a tommer one the Way to cler it it to put a 40 mint one nobody wil wait for 40 mint
    The point of the timer is to prevent extremely long ramp up fights.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Gamer said:

PsyLife said:

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    This was discovered a while ago, used in top alliences to cheese the Omega Red mini with Corvus
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 ★★★★★

This was discovered a while ago, used in top alliences to cheese the Omega Red mini with Corvus

And well before that to. Covus is the only one ther can do it reliably I’m do ikow it exploit but the only way to remove it is to remove the time completely
  • Options
    PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    I mean, anyone with cheat death could if you have patience...