Options

Stealth Spidey Tranquilizer duration

I was looking at Stealth Spidey’s Web Cartridge abilities and noticed that his tranquilizer debuff is only active for 3.75 seconds as opposed to the others which have a 12 second duration. Is there any reason for that?

Comments

• Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Makes it pretty much useless. Not sure why they did that. The only time I've ever used it was for testing purposes. They must have moved the decimal by mistake.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,403 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    It can be a little bit useful if your opponent is on a Power Gain node, like+200% Power Gain. It's very easy to apply before throwing a Special, so you can throw five consecutive Specials, without giving the opponent power.

Alternately, it's better inflicted with his SP2; as it's longer (9.4 seconds), and you can reapply it at the longer duration a few times. Theoretically, if you do an SP2 and then maximise up-time with follow-up MLLL combos, you can reapply the Enervate up to three further times for a total up-time of 37.5 seconds.

Somehow it seems less useless once you do the maths.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

It can be a little bit useful if your opponent is on a Power Gain node, like+200% Power Gain. It's very easy to apply before throwing a Special, so you can throw five consecutive Specials, without giving the opponent power.

Alternately, it's better inflicted with his SP2; as it's longer (9.4 seconds), and you can reapply it at the longer duration a few times. Theoretically, if you do an SP2 and then maximise up-time with follow-up MLLL combos, you can reapply the Enervate up to three further times for a total up-time of 37.5 seconds.

Good luck reaching and cycling the l3 with the longer duration
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,403 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

It's not going to be easy; but in 37.5 seconds, with the totally offensive playstyle you can adopt when your opponent is Enervated, I'd say it was do-able for a highly skilled player.

A lot of stuff like that is very tricky to pull off (like reaching and sustaining double Fury effects with Dr Doom), but well worth the payoff if you can. I'd love to see one of the YouTubers give it a try - don't think I'd be able to do it myself!
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

It's not going to be easy; but in 37.5 seconds, with the totally offensive playstyle you can adopt when your opponent is Enervated, I'd say it was do-able for a highly skilled player.

A lot of stuff like that is very tricky to pull off (like reaching and sustaining double Fury effects with Dr Doom), but well worth the payoff if you can. I'd love to see one of the YouTubers give it a try - don't think I'd be able to do it myself!
    It’s definitely possible but I just don’t think it’s worth the risk and effort if the aggressive playstyle
  • Options
    Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    If his enverate was also at 12 seconds is not like it’d be overpowered. It only stops defensive power gain not regular power gain