**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why you should vote for Groot and Rocket Raccoon next.

zZayTtayzZayTtay Posts: 144
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
I know what you're thinking. You probably think that I'm crazy for passing up on Magneto. But there is a valid reason for that.

That is that the Guardians of the Galaxy have been irrelevant in this game for years. Just a year ago Gamora was buffed but they still are. The last GotG champ came out in 2017. Star Lord has lost his value, Rocket doesn't have any utility, and Groot is still Groot (trash).

The next movie for the GotG comes out in 2 or 3 more years and there isn't much to add from the comics. If these two champion are reworked... then we can see more GotG teams used. Cmon now... I know we all have most of em at high rarities.

I'd imagine they would have some sort of synergy if they are all present on the team. They are a family like the F4 and are inseperable. Not to mention they already have 60% perfect block w/Agent Venom. These two reworks could greatly improve Drax through synergies and possibly Star Lord's utility as well.

The Tech class is also in need of another useable champion as it is falling behind... really was falling behind this whole time. The mutant class just got Storm X who seems like a very good champion so buffing Magneto will just overpower the class right now. Cosmic's reign has been slowing down with the last 5 releases and they probably have the most disappointments out of any other class.

Rocket and Groot are also very old. Rocket came before Magneto and Groot came just months after and is arguably worse. This pairing for the next reworks just makes the most sense to me. I just hope Kabam considers buffing 2 this time.

Comments

• Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Have your seen oml buff? Same would happen with groot — ton of very weak buffs, wich combined together double his attack, refresh on heavy and sp2 heal adjacent. Hold block to stack friendship charges, 11 max + 1 per guardian of galaxy on team.

While there are champs like Magneto, Juggernaut, unstoppable Colossus. Like being omega level mutant or having power of sittorak doesn't mean anything.
    I'd take even karnak over groot - his sp1 animation needs rework and he's just bad, but he actually looks like some cool homeless dude, so he has that at least.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Phoenix
    Magneto
    Diablo
    Groot
    Daredevil Netflix
    Ronan
    Superior iron man
    Rocket

My list of champs I'd like to be looked at
    They're in order
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I would agree with you, as I have a 5* Groot, but recently I pulled 5* Magneto from a GMC and back-to-back another 5* Magneto from a 5* crystal (*toilet flushes 10,000 5* crystal shards), so my opportunistic ego tells me to vote Magneto.
  • Options
    Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    LOL tech class ain't falling behind. Ghost is arguably one of the best champs in the game. G2099 is a beast too.
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Look I get it
    Groot is garbage
    Rocket has one use in the game as 2* for Variant 4 and that's it
    Gamora is decent with ramp-up, but why use her when you have Aegon
    Starlord only has pure damage, and might have some nice heal-block, power-drain and shock
    But Magneto man
    I watched the old X-Men movies and I just see him throw wolverine like nothing, and raise an entire stadium to drop on Trask
    Your telling me this op mutant in the movies and the comics is garbage af and loses to a teenager from Brooklyn?
    Give Magneto Justice

To be fair, spiderman could likely kick Magneto's ass in the comics too.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    zZayTtay said:

FRITO_Man said:

Look I get it
    Groot is garbage
    Starlord only has pure damage, and might have some nice heal-block, power-drain and shock
    But Magneto man
    I watched the old X-Men movies and I just see him throw wolverine like nothing, and raise an entire stadium to drop on Trask
    Your telling me this op mutant in the movies and the comics is garbage af and loses to a teenager from Brooklyn?
    Give Magneto Justice

And if you watched the GotG movies I'm sure you'd want these two to be good champs as well. If we don't buff them up now then they will stay trash for years to come.

There are more benefits to buffing Groot and Rocket than Mags. Synergy buffs, Perfect block team, and Relevancy.

Magneto can wait because he would just be next on the list.
    Why rush a rework now on Groot and the trash panda. I'd rather they take their time and have a GotG event when the new movie comes out. You will have ppl begging for new champs and an event with the movie. It's the best time to release updated versions of them. We just had the 6* version of Starlord released so I doubt kabam thinks he is outdated.
  • Options
    zZayTtay said:

Neotwism said:

zZayTtay said:

FRITO_Man said:

Look I get it
    Groot is garbage
    But Magneto man
    Give Magneto Justice

And if you watched the GotG movies I'm sure you'd want these two to be good champs as well. If we don't buff them up now then they will stay trash for years to come.

There are more benefits to buffing Groot and Rocket than Mags. Synergy buffs, Perfect block team, and Relevancy.

Why rush a rework now on Groot and the trash panda. I'd rather they take their time and have a GotG event when the new movie comes out. You will have ppl begging for new champs and an event with the movie. It's the best time to release updated versions of them. We just had the 6* version of Starlord released so I doubt kabam thinks he is outdated.
    There won't be a new Guardians movie for years and it has been years since the last one came out. This isn't about rushing the buffs of these two champs. They are just the most deserving of it. The real question is why rush a Magneto buff? There are plenty of xmen events throughout the year.
    The list of champs needing reworked is massive. When ppl ask for specific champs to be reworked it's usually for 2 reasons. They either recently pulled them or they are their favorites. Neither of those reasons makes their rework any more important over other champs. I could make the same argument you made about the X-Men. They don't even have a movie planned yet. Champs like Magneto and Cyclops are older and are both deserving of a rework. Pretty much all the original champs in the game are outdated and need reworked. I believe it is more important to try and come up with ways to improve all these champs that doesn't involve only getting a couple a year updated. At the rate reworks take it will be 2030 before even 25% of the champs get updated. I don't know about you but I don't want to wait a decade to get around 20 champs reworked. I could name a few dozen champs that need updated in some way right now. That doesn't even take into account newer champs like Maw and Diablo that are just poor champs. Arguing about what champ needs it more than others just seems pointless when so many need to be updated.
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★

Jh_Dez said:

Phoenix
    Magneto
    Diablo
    Groot
    Daredevil Netflix
    Ronan
    Superior iron man
    Rocket

My list of champs I'd like to be looked at
    They're in order

Phoenix really just needs a minor tweak. A way to prevent the charges from falling off, and some incinerate/coldsnap immunity would make her at least useful.
    I know actually
    It's why I put her first as she's easy to rework
    Her power gain cycles are cool but she lacks damage output and utility
  • Options
    zZayTtay said:

Neotwism said:

zZayTtay said:

Neotwism said:

zZayTtay said:

FRITO_Man said:

Look I get it
    Groot is garbage
    But Magneto man
    Give Magneto Justice

There won't be a new Guardians movie for years and it has been years since the last one came out. This isn't about rushing the buffs of these two champs. They are just the most deserving of it. The real question is why rush a Magneto buff? There are plenty of xmen events throughout the year.
    The list of champs needing reworked is massive. When ppl ask for specific champs to be reworked it's usually for 2 reasons. They either recently pulled them or they are their favorites. Neither of those reasons makes their rework any more important over other champs. I could make the same argument you made about the X-Men. They don't even have a movie planned yet. Champs like Magneto and Cyclops are older and are both deserving of a rework. Pretty much all the original champs in the game are outdated and need reworked. I believe it is more important to try and come up with ways to improve all these champs that doesn't involve only getting a couple a year updated. At the rate reworks take it will be 2030 before even 25% of the champs get updated. I don't know about you but I don't want to wait a decade to get around 20 champs reworked. I could name a few dozen champs that need updated in some way right now. That doesn't even take into account newer champs like Maw and Diablo that are just poor champs. Arguing about what champ needs it more than others just seems pointless when so many need to be updated.
    Well I'm just here to sway the votes away from Magneto next rework poll not discuss other ways to buff champs. Mutants get updates every few months and the last GotG update was May 2017. There's practically nothing more to take from the comics for the GotG unless Cosmic Ghost Rider somehow has a connection.
    That's because the Guardians of the Galaxy were never that popular. The movie being a surprise hit is the only reason a lot of ppl have even heard about them. Before the movies if you asked ppl who groot or drax were they wouldn't have a clue. They were simply side characters.
  • Options
    zZayTtay said:

Neotwism said:

zZayTtay said:

Neotwism said:

zZayTtay said:

Neotwism said:

zZayTtay said:

FRITO_Man said:

Look I get it
    Groot is garbage
    But Magneto man
    Give Magneto Justice

Well I'm just here to sway the votes away from Magneto next rework poll not discuss other ways to buff champs. Mutants get updates every few months and the last GotG update was May 2017. There's practically nothing more to take from the comics for the GotG unless Cosmic Ghost Rider somehow has a connection.
    That's because the Guardians of the Galaxy were never that popular. The movie being a surprise hit is the only reason a lot of ppl have even heard about them. Before the movies if you asked ppl who groot or drax were they wouldn't have a clue. They were simply side characters.
    Exactly why they should be reworked. To make them more relevant before the next movie. Champs like Magneto will always be relevant. Since they buffed Gamora might as well do so to the rest.
    When has Kabam ever reworked a champ to make them more relevant BEFORE their next movie? The game has several groups that are in worse shape than the Guardians. Look at how bad most of Spidermans villains are in the game. I don't remember any of them getting reworked before a new movie comes out. Sounds like you just want your favorite group improved. Nothing wrong with that, just be honest about your reasons for wanting them reworked.