**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hawkeye True Strike

Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
So while grinding in the arena I was using my 5* Hawkeye and I was thinking during the fight, shouldn't he have some sort of true strike? I mean his whole thing is he's an archer that doesn't miss right? So I was thinking, maybe during only his special attacks, he has a true strike buff? I mean obviously it doesnt have to be setup like that, just figured that made the most sense for his character. Any thoughts/opinions on this is obviously welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    He doesn't have a true strike ability. You can read what abilities a champion has on his abilities list.

Hawkeye is an old champion, that didn't suffer many changes till today. His abilities are outdated, but still far from being a bad champion
  • Options
    Oh I'm not saying hes a bad champ, and I know what his abilities are. I was just saying it seemed to me that it would make sense for him to have some sort of true strike buff @will-o-wisp
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    He isn't a bad option to have that ability. But the way the character's are adapted in the game, no champion will necessarily have an ability right away, just because for some people it would make sense to have it.
    That's also why for the future, you are better not to expect someone to necessarily have an ability, only basing on that character from the model or outside sources (like comics or movies).
  • Options
    Absolutely right man. There's plenty of things in the game that dont really make sense or necessarily fit with some characters. But thats the way it is
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    that would be a good simple tweak if they ever decide to buff the OG avengers
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I don't know about True Strike, but definitely True Accuracy. I think giving his arrow attacks True Accuracy would be a small buff that wouldn't break anything but would be 100% accurate to the lore.

As to why he doesn't have it...True Strike and True Accuracy weren't mechanics in the game when Hawkeye was introduced. It's also why his incendiary arrow causes bleed damage instead of incinerate damage...incinerate damage wasn't in the game when Hawkeye was released.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Just cause he's an archer doesn't mean he should have true strike lol. Even when an arrow an archer shoots is aimed precisely to hit a target the target can just spidey sense out of the arrow's way.