**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Vulture siphon ability: is this a bug or not?

Whenever Vulture applies one of his two siphon energy effects to an opponent a portion of the power they gain is converted either to chitauri energy or burn damage.

Sometimes this is really awesome as it prevents them from reaching 3 full bars of power. They gain a little energy and then a little is burned away making max power always out of reach. This is really cool against certain enemies like Mordo, Vision, and Hyperion and I'm pretty sure that it was intended to be this way as Punisher 2099, Green Goblin, Stark Spidey and Doctor Octopus also seem to have been designed as counters to these dominant AW defense champions.

However... sometimes even with one of these siphon debuffs applied... the opponent is still able to get to 3 power. Not always. Just sometimes. And I can't figure out any consistent reason why. Sometimes it happens when I do a heavy attack, but not always. Sometimes when they have a passive power gain, but not always.

Is this a bug? Or is it supposed to randomly work sometimes and not at others?

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    His sp1 avoids enemy from getting the sp3.
    His sp2 causes damage when they get power. It doesn't "drain" power from the enemy
  • Options
    IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    His sp1 avoids enemy from getting the sp3.
    His sp2 causes damage when they get power. It doesn't "drain" power from the enemy

I think this is incorrect.
    First of all Sp1 debuff "drains" power and Sp2 debuff "burns" power- but both things result in the enemy losing power. Vision "burns" power.

Second, I'm almost positive that I have used Vulture and had my opponent reach power 3 with the first debuff applied. I'll try again just to make sure.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Thei it might be due to the overall power drain/burn/steal bug
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    They can still reach their sp3 with siphon on, they have their sp3 for a split second and it is possible they use it I have seen it happen playing vulture against hyperion
  • Options
    Sungj wrote: »
    They can still reach their sp3 with siphon on, they have their sp3 for a split second and it is possible they use it I have seen it happen playing vulture against hyperion

no that's not what I mean. I've seen them reach power 3 and stay at power 3.
  • Options
    Why don't these threads ever get an official reply? Is it that hard to find someone to read the forums, look up the answer, maybe talk to the guy who designed the character, and post a response... that's like a minimum wage job and I'm sure you wouldn't need more than one staffer doing it. Hell you could probably get a volunteer to do it for free if you gave him a book of contact info for some of the development team.