GM Crystals, money spinner yes but worth it or not?

OK it's been about a day now and I'm sure we have all tried GM crystals by now. Some will have done more than others, some will have had more luck than others.

From what I have seen 5* drops similar to 4* in basic phc, yes some people have hit 5* but there seems to be more people getting excited by the 4* they are getting.

So not really interested in what you pulled but really what you think of these crystals now you have experienced them.

So are they good/bad, why from your perspective and will you keep buying them?

Comments

• RydertheblackRydertheblack Member Posts: 296
    I havent tried them yet, and i have seen some random drop rates. A friend of mine bought 50, and got 6 4* out of them, no 5*, and another guy bought 50 and got just 2 4*, and no 5*.

I will buy them for sure, but just for the sake of 4* shards, since I have every single 3* that the game has, so duping them, gets me more 4* shards, long term planning
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Member Posts: 916 ★★★
    I haven't bought them, but after listening to my alliance members' results from opening them, as well as the forums and videos on them, I can say it is somewhat similar to the PHC drop rate, where opening a 3* from GM is like opening a 2* from PHC, opening a 4* from GM is like opening a 3* from PHC, etc.

I wouldn't buy them at this given time as I am saving up units for assassination and my first LoL run, but assuming those two are completed, I probably will buy one once or twice a month just to try my luck... I still want to save units for the occasional offers that actually guarantee what I'm receiving. :P
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Member Posts: 728 ★★★
    I got a 5* in my first 5 crystals. After that though it was cold for a long time. I would say even though I managed to get a couple, the drop rate seems a little lower than a 4* from phc.
  • MattyloMattylo Member Posts: 234
    Really depends if you were willing to buy before. If youre the kind of person thats anti-crystal gambling then nothing has changed. If youre like me and spend from time to time on crystals then i think they are great. Worst case i get 4* shards guaranteed. 4* as still usueful so its fine by me. Im sure this time next year the crystal wont seem as useful.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Member Posts: 155
    the drop rate for the 5 star is roughly 1/4 what it is for the 4 star in PHC, at least currently.
    Plus it is double the price. So all in all, I think it isn't even close to worth it.
  • MhykkeMhykke Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    I don't think it's worth it. Figured I'd give it a shot. Used 2000 units for 10....1 four star and the rest three stars.

I'll pass on buying these again. They're just like PHCs, so no thanks.
  • OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Member Posts: 113
    Just depends on luck I'd say opened15 crystals and got 3 5* and 1 4*
  • Arinho33Arinho33 Member Posts: 7
    Certainly not worth it. Opened 26 myself and got 26 3*s. A clever way to get units out of the game nonetheless.
  • NDK13NDK13 Member Posts: 620 ★★
    Not worth it.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    If you've done everything you are able to do in the game then I suppose it's worth it to crack one open every once in a while
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Not worth it. I went 0 for 8 on mine (meaning all 3*'s).

It's really just a revamped PHC with reduced odds to grab the grand prize (a 5*, which to be honest, has about a 70% chance to be a 5* you would hate) and a cost that's 33% more than a traditional PHC. The 3*'s are 2*'s now, and that's what you're likeliest to get. I used units I earned to try the GMCs because I was looking for something to kick start some excitement in the game. Silly me--now I'm simply kicking myself.

Dr. Zola
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Member Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Their best use is for when you're within 100 shards of forming a 4* crystal and don't want to wait.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Member Posts: 804 ★★★
    I did 5, 4 were 3* 1 was a 4*
  • AmonthirAmonthir Member Posts: 754 ★★★
    Their best use is for when you're within 100 shards of forming a 4* crystal and don't want to wait.

This, lol. Even as the value of 4* starts to decline, I still like opening them, and absolutely hate being just a few shards away. Got a 4* OGDD with 3 crystals, stopped there and will open only in case of shard emergency or from free ones. Unless I hit a depressive streak and blow all my units on them in the hope of a 5* high.
  • PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Member Posts: 105
    Seems to be the general view of most that its not worth it. Though I do know a few players can't stop popping them at the moment mainly because they are looking for a little excitement in the game as someone mentioned lol.