**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5.4.6. Ultron

IronStrangeIronStrange Posts: 103
edited April 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I need some help with Ultron... I keep dying with Medusa. I watched basically all videos, but it doesnt work... He keeps evading the sp1, and i never have luck! Sometimes im hitting him and boom power gain ( i know i shouldnt hit him, but it happens in middle of my combo). Whats the method? I spent already so many units..

Comments

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    quick reply that i'm going to have lunch: apply a debuff when ultron has a buff that is not power gain, with armor and regen being the best, and keep applying them, this will refresh the buff and will stop it from changing. maxing your stun duration with masteries (i don't remember the english name) really help here. good luck ^_^
  • IronStrangeIronStrange Posts: 103
    Bon appetit! Thanks, but few times i did it: normal hit and sp1, he didnt evade it,but no armor shattered... And then boom power gain and im dead :( I just cant get 6 armor breaks
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,360 ★★★★★
    Who else you got. Medusa isn't the only viable option.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @IronStrange

Idelest had a cool video going over Ultron's evade mechanic a while back. I'm sure you could find it if you looked. The mechanic is inherent in the character, so it works for this boss fight as well.

Ultron can automatically evade an attack every 7 seconds. Try to think of the evade has having an invisible evade charge applied to Ultron. Every 7 seconds, he gains an invisible evade charge. If he has an evade charge, he has a 100% chance of evading the next attack. Once he evades, there's a 7 second cooldown before he gets another evade charge.

This means if you're trying to bait out a special from Ultron and it takes you 10 seconds to do so, he will evade your next attempted attack guaranteed.

So when you fight Ultron, you want to be mindful of when you see a green "Evade" on his side of the screen. Once he evades, it's safe to hit him for the next few seconds...he won't evade again until 7 seconds have passed. This means if you don't want him to evade your L1, you need to trigger an evade and then in the next 7 seconds, find an opening and throw your L1.

Good luck!

Who else you got. Medusa isn't the only viable option.

I have CMM, Spidergwen, Iceman and Hype on my team right now. I have only have a 4* r1 Loki, 4* r4 Blade, but no Ghost Rider...I have 4* r5 CAIW, Gwenpool, VtD, OR,Magik, SL and 5* r3 Modok,unduped Voodoo, duped NT and Doc Oc. Plus a 6* Namor.

@IronStrange

Idelest had a cool video going over Ultron's evade mechanic a while back. I'm sure you could find it if you looked. The mechanic is inherent in the character, so it works for this boss fight as well.

Ultron can automatically evade an attack every 7 seconds. Try to think of the evade has having an invisible evade charge applied to Ultron. Every 7 seconds, he gains an invisible evade charge. If he has an evade charge, he has a 100% chance of evading the next attack. Once he evades, there's a 7 second cooldown before he gets another evade charge.

This means if you're trying to bait out a special from Ultron and it takes you 10 seconds to do so, he will evade your next attempted attack guaranteed.

So when you fight Ultron, you want to be mindful of when you see a green "Evade" on his side of the screen. Once he evades, it's safe to hit him for the next few seconds...he won't evade again until 7 seconds have passed. This means if you don't want him to evade your L1, you need to trigger an evade and then in the next 7 seconds, find an opening and throw your L1.

Good luck!

Thank you! I will try it again.

@IronStrange

Good luck!

So I got my timing right, he didnt evaded it, but no armor shatter! Only 5 armor breaks... I just cant do it.
    I quit it. I upgraded my 3* duped Loki (the 4* is not duped) and gonna try with him. At this point its not worth for me trying with Medusa for the 15th time... I rather spend my units on energy refills while trying with Loki. Medusa is not really worked for me, I just couldnt get armor shatter.

Thanks everyone for the advices!
  • AydenPlays1AydenPlays1 Posts: 119
    Try power lock with a Doc Ock maybe??
  • GlassbackGlassback Posts: 381 ★★★
    Parry, mlm combo and repeat. Just dodge if it looks like the power gain timer is on, parry him on a fury or armour up one
    I did this with void until I got two petrifies on him, easy money no revives
    Medusa mlm will apply the two Debuffs for the armour break too then sp1 him
    edited May 2020
    Thanks guys. I already did with a 3* Loki. It was way easier,than Medusa. I couldnt get lucky with her... With Loki it was very fun actually. :)