**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Warning: 6* max sig dupe

Hello fellow summoners. Just wanted to warn everyone - if you dupe a max sig 6*, all you get is 24 pieces of ISO and 1,163 pieces of gold. No max sig crystal and no other compensation of any kind. I happen to have only 1 max sig 6* and happened to pull a dupe recently. It was like my 10k 6* shards vanished with nothing in return. Anyone else having this problem? Do you think it’s fair compensation to get virtually nothing for duping a max sig 6*?

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

I think it's a bummer for sure but no less fair/more unfair than duping a non-max sig 6 star.
    Did Kabam give something extra for duping a max sig 5 star champion prior to the introduction of the 6 star characters?

There didn’t
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

There could be something like a sig stone or awakening gem possibility like all of the other gems provide. Clearly no 7* so shards aren’t an option but there should be something. It’s like the shards just vanished. Unlike many others, I only have one max sig....

As I’m said it was the same with a 5 star back then to fair no
  • Options
    FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★

My max sig 6* was CAIW

Nice
    Thanks man. Happy about the champ for sure, but more and more people are going to run into this issue and it needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    They can rewards us more gold or 6* shard for the dupe but well, it's their game.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

There could be something like a sig stone or awakening gem possibility like all of the other gems provide. Clearly no 7* so shards aren’t an option but there should be something. It’s like the shards just vanished. Unlike many others, I only have one max sig....

Fully agree! It wasn’t fair then and it’s not fair now. They should have thought of some sort of compensation before allowing people to get to max sig dupes. At least something.... I fault Kabam for not thinking it though. I get more rewards from duping a max sig 4* which is ridiculous.
    What do you want them to give you? 7*s don't exist yet thankfully and they can't just give you more 6* shards bc that's not how duping champs has ever worked
  • Options

Gamer said:

Fully agree! It wasn’t fair then and it’s not fair now. They should have thought of some sort of compensation before allowing people to get to max sig dupes. At least something.... I fault Kabam for not thinking it though. I get more rewards from duping a max sig 4* which is ridiculous.
    What do you want them to give you? 7*s don't exist yet thankfully and they can't just give you more 6* shards bc that's not how duping champs has ever worked
    What about the other resources you can get from max sigs crystals? There are also awakening gems and sig stones in those crystals of the same level as the champ you spun. It’s not just shards of the next highest tier that is available in those crystals.
  • Options
    0din said:

That’s life. I pulled a Namor after I maxed him
    and got nothing too

That sucks man, sorry. We should be getting something.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Yeah this issue might need to be addressed. COWhale practically went nuts when he saw there was nothing for a max sig 6*.

COWhale does not deserve anything though. I do agree that this issue should be adressed
  • Options
    -sixate- said:

What did you think was gonna happen? 275 7* shards? Lol

Haha,lol. While I appreciate the sarcasm there are other resources in max sig crystals. It’s not just shards. And that’s not my main point. Don’t you think Kabam should have thought of something to add to these crystals after the outrage when it happened with 5*. Why repeat the same mistakes?
  • Options
    PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 753 ★★★
    Really blows. What if you spend money to get those shards and that happens. Wow, I would be so fricken over it. They should just give you another 6* crystal.
  • Options

Gamer said:

What about the other resources you can get from max sigs crystals? There are also awakening gems and sig stones in those crystals of the same level as the champ you spun. It’s not just shards of the next highest tier that is available in those crystals.
    That's not how this has worked ever in the game at any progression level. No clue why you'd expect that to change at this point. No one forced you to dump sig stones into one champ, you knew how this worked
  • Options
    Especially with caiw, the prestige difference he has between sig 160 and 200 is negligible really
  • Options

Gamer said:

That's not how this has worked ever in the game at any progression level. No clue why you'd expect that to change at this point. No one forced you to dump sig stones into one champ, you knew how this worked
    The difference is big. At max sigs you can guarantee the debuff based on the champs you bring with you. In tier 3 wars this makes a difference. You don’t leave anything to random chance (which by the way, a small % chance to not do something always seems to activate at the exact wrong time). Some champs don’t scale well with sig stones. In science, I would max sig caiw and void every day with no issue.
  • Options

Gamer said:

The difference is big. At max sigs you can guarantee the debuff based on the champs you bring with you. In tier 3 wars this makes a difference. You don’t leave anything to random chance (which by the way, a small % chance to not do something always seems to activate at the exact wrong time). Some champs don’t scale well with sig stones. In science, I would max sig caiw and void every day with no issue.
    I have a R3 caiw and am in T1. I'm aware how it works and if I ever dupe a max sig 6* I'm well aware what will and won't happen.
  • Options

Gamer said:

I have a R3 caiw and am in T1. I'm aware how it works and if I ever dupe a max sig 6* I'm well aware what will and won't happen.
    That’s not the question I asked. The question is, is it fair? Is it reasonable to expect a more rewards from duping a max sig 4* than a max sig 6*. Let me ask you this, have you duped any max sig 6*?