**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ Doctor Doom

DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
I used the search tool, but they didn't had the answer i was looking for. I hoped to shed some light to why Doom is able to inflict a shock debuff on you when you attack Doom. i read the description and i could have misunderstand some part, but i'm sure it doesn't say anywhere that he's able to inflict a shock debuff when being attacked? i lack evidence of video so hoped someone faced the same situation and maybe could explain better.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Very likely is due to his signature ability, and your dexterity buff
  • Options
    his singature text says '' this ability gives Doom a chance to shock the opponent when nullifying one of their buffs and allows him to gain power gain buffs for himself ''

to my understanding of this is when Doom activated a sp1 to make an nullify.

my situation is that he inflict a shock debuff on me when i'm attacking him. The signature doesn't say anything if i attack him then he will have a chance to nullify my dexterity buff out of nowhere and inflict a shock :s
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    but isn't the whole thing with nullify regarding Doom all about hitting the opponent? i read a part that says ''contact with the opponent has a 30%chance to nullify up to 1 buff''? wouldn't it actually means that Doom need to ''touch'' me to make an contact?

also read another text that says ''if the opponent isn't already shocked whenever Doom nullifies any buff, they have xx.xx tp 100% chance to be inflicted with a shock debuff, dealing xxxx.x direct energy damage over 6 seconds''

wouldn't this mean that he need to attack me to create a nullify phase to nullify my Dexterity buff to later create a shock debuff and then initiate a heavy attack to create a passive stun?

so my scenario while having a dexterity buff active is that i fully evade his sp1 and since being fully evaded his sp1 then Doom can't really nullify since his beams didn't make a contact, right? I'm so confused how was i able to get a shock debuff despite fully evade sp1 to avoid being nullified, to avoid being inflicted a shock and to avoid making a contact from the beams. isn't it at my understanding that the whole point with using Doom is that he need to make an contact with his opponent to inflict all that shock and nullifies and all that?
  • Options
    ah thats one way to think aboüt