**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sunspot Question

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
I hate to start one of 'those' discussions, but I genuinely don't understand why Sunspot isn't coldsnap/frostbite immune. Can someone explain?

Comments

• Options
    FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    I honestly think probably for balance
    I'm not going to go in the schematics of kinetic energy but if torch is, then he should probably
    after all both of them use fire in order to power their abilities
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Maybe he’s heart is cold
    It’s a rough world out there
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

I honestly think probably for balance
    I'm not going to go in the schematics of kinetic energy but if torch is, then he should probably
    after all both of them use fire in order to power their abilities

Yeah that's what I thought too, I figured since Torch is immune, Sunspot would be too, but I quickly found out I was wrong lol. If it's just for balance reasons, I can understand that.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Wow, I actually didn't know Sunspot isn't immune to Coldsnap/Frostbite
  • Options
    Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166
    It’s probably just for balance
  • Options
    Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 166
    Cuz iceman could probably be immune to a lot more than he is right now
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Same question.

I thought I could bring my Sunspot on Iceman-fight, then I was wrong......

Iceman was immune to Incinerate but Sunspot was struggling in Coldsnap/Frostbite over the fight......it doesn’t make good sense right? A guy covered by flare is afraid of cold?

Hopefully Kabam could bring him back to Coldsnap/Frostbite-immune one day, at least when his solar charges aren’t completely consumed....
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    You know what I’m going to make a thread explaining why these champions aren’t immune with actual physicd
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Because not every champion needs to have the same ability as other's have, and each one are different on their own.
    He has other purposes and abilities, and doesn't necessarily need to have something. He was just designed not to have that ability, which can be the same case for any champion that doesn't have it as well
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★

Because not every champion needs to have the same ability as other's have, and each one are different on their own.
    He has other purposes and abilities, and doesn't necessarily need to have something. He was just designed not to have that ability, which can be the same case for any champion that doesn't have it as well

So the post now is asking why they designed it like that....it’s not about variety of champions, it’s about the character of the champions
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    because he said so
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★