**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CLAIRE Bug or Something missing

King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
I was testing Claire against Korg.When you fight Korg ,and strike him with energy attacks he will not rock thorn damage right.But when I used Claire against Korg he did refelct rock thorn damage.

So I thought I must have misunderstood Claire attacks may not be energy,so for 100% clarification I used Claire against Havok.Turns out havok was gaining plasma charge on every hit of Claire without crit or timer.So I red his abilities and it said he will gain plasma charges when he is struck by energy attacks.So why is Claire taking rock thorn damage why Korg if her attacks are not energy.

But I didn't wanted to post this discussion without confirmation so I tested dher against CMM.Against CMM she is dealing energy damage on every hit which proves that her attacks are energy attacks.If her attacks are energy attacks why is she dealing energy damage.

My question is if her attacks are energy or not?
If energy then why is she taking rock thorn damage?
If they are not energy then why is havok gaining plasma on hits and CMM atking energy damage?

If you want proof I can even make video!

Comments

• TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    No matter what every mystic champ against havok is a bad match because mystic champs are classed as “energy damage” even if they are not actually dealing energy damage so BWCV is giving havok plasma because she is a mystic same thing with CMM but in her ability’s it does not directly say she deals energy damage havok and CMM are different situations to korg they operate under the fact if you are a mystic for fighting havok he will gain plasma for CMM she will take extra damage.
    That’s an example
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★

That’s an example

It says CMM will take energy damage when energy charges are inflicted by mystic champions.There is nothing written that all attacks will consider as energy attacks.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★

No matter what every mystic champ against havok is a bad match because mystic champs are classed as “energy damage”

That's just ... wrong.

To the OP: have you tested it in against a resistor node, for further prrof that something might be wrong with her?

No matter what every mystic champ against havok is a bad match because mystic champs are classed as “energy damage” even if they are not actually dealing energy damage so BWCV is giving havok plasma because she is a mystic same thing with CMM but in her ability’s it does not directly say she deals energy damage havok and CMM are different situations to korg they operate under the fact if you are a mystic for fighting havok he will gain plasma for CMM she will take extra damage.

I think you're mixing up cmm and havok with human torch.
    No IAM not, like I said I posted this discussion after full clarification,again go and read what I said I think you just read half of it.Again I am saying why CMM is taking energy damage although Aire attacks are not energy attacks and why havok is going plasma while Claire attacks are not energy attacks
    Is there a way to post video? I also have proof

Sorry I thought you were talking to me.Apology

No IAM not, like I said I posted this discussion after full clarification,again go and read what I said I think you just read half of it.Again I am saying why CMM is taking energy damage although Aire attacks are not energy attacks and why havok is going plasma while Claire attacks are not energy attacks
    Exactly, I didn't talk to you. And I would kindly ask you to actually read claire's description.

No where does it say that her basic attacks deal energy damage. And after you're done with her you can go on and read cmm's description. Getting charges against mystic champs makes cmm take energy damage.

I don't know what you think happened with havok, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't what you described.
    Exactly if her basic attacks are not energy attacks then why CMM taking energy damage on every hit without any debuff.With hits.And to prove your theory wrong then why Ghost Rider don't deal energy damage to CMM.

CMM only takes energy damage when she is struck by energy attacks

As to havok, you probably made him bleed, which comes pretty naturally with claire's playstyle. Making havok bleed causes him to build up plasma on his opponent.

That's most likely what happened.

And there was no bleed on Havok.Next time read entire comment then judge
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Ok so i just tested with a korg duel (thegreatdane07) and she didn't take damage from his thorns so maybe there were some nodes that you missed?
    Voltolos said:

Ok so i just tested with a korg duel (thegreatdane07) and she didn't take damage from his thorns so maybe there were some nodes that you missed?

Are you sure she is not taking damage against Korg.Cause 3 days ago when I used my 6* rank 2 Claire vs Abyss Korg.She was taking thorn damage.

Exactly, I didn't talk to you. And I would kindly ask you to actually read claire's description.

No where does it say that her basic attacks deal energy damage. And after you're done with her you can go on and read cmm's description. Getting charges against mystic champs makes cmm take energy damage.

I don't know what you think happened with havok, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't what you described.
    Exactly if her basic attacks are not energy attacks then why CMM taking energy damage on every hit without any debuff.With hits.And to prove your theory wrong then why Ghost Rider don't deal energy damage to CMM.

CMM only takes energy damage when she is struck by energy attacks
    I mean... Everyone takes energy damage when struck by energy attacks lol.

Look, the interaction between cmm and mystic champs is that when cmm gains binary charges due to the abilities/actions of a mystic champ, then she takes direct energy damage.

Without energy based direct attacks you can make cmm take energy damage just by hitting her block. Also claire's specials probably deal energy damage.
    You are repeating same thing while I already explained it .No hitting on block.And again I am taking about taking energy damage on every base hits without enetering binary form.

Voltolos said:

I just tested it as well and I'm completely mistaken it appears. She didn't take thorns damage.

But her description doesn't say that her basic hits deal energy damage. Weird.
    Her attacks are energya tta ks it was bug but Kabam has fixed it now.She is not taking thorn damage now.Looks like Kabam fixed cause few days ago during Abyss she took thorn damage.
    Voltolos said:

You are right now she is not taking any damage from thorn.Looks like Kabam fixed cause few days ago during Abyss she was taking thorn damage.I am happy that is was right.Kabam must have fixed it with black widow event

Voltolos said:

Yeh, that description is not on every champion that deals energy damage on their base attacks. Don't really know why it's inconsistent.
    Some examples would be Doctor Strange and both Magnetos
    @Kabam Miike was this issue fixed with This black widow event Cause few days ago when o was fighting against abyss Korg she was taking thorn damage now she is not.Have you fixed it with this new event?

Voltolos said:

Yeh, that description is not on every champion that deals energy damage on their base attacks. Don't really know why it's inconsistent.
    Some examples would be Doctor Strange and both Magnetos
    No discussions.I just find out Kabam have fixed the bug with new black widow event.
    After doing some re testing I have to agree with OP I ran 4 duels using man thing scarlet witch Sym supreme and ghost rider only Sym supreme gained charges can some tell me if Sym supreme deals energy damage?

Voltolos said:

I just tested it as well and I'm completely mistaken it appears. She didn't take thorns damage.

Cause maybe it is a doctor strange and mag eto case.Cause their description also said that they don't have nergy attacks she theier animations have.

By the way no discussions.Cause few days ago she was taking thorn damage.But now she is not taking thorn damage that means kabam have fixed it with this new black widow event.

After doing some re testing I have to agree with OP I ran 4 duels using man thing scarlet witch Sym supreme and ghost rider only Sym supreme gained charges can some tell me if Sym supreme deals energy damage?

I think kabam has fixed Claire bug with this new Black widow event.
    Now claire has become best Korg counter after omega,quake and ghost.

Yes he deals energy damage on all of his attacks
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited June 2020

Yes he deals energy damage on all of his attacks
    Yes, all mystic champs that have hits that look "magical" seem to deal energy damage on those attacks. This is a very important thing that is pointed out on some champs (sorcerer supreme it IS explicitly stated, ebony maw is for certain attacks that look energy, Sym Supreme does do energy damage but doesn't say, and I THINK Dr Strange and potentially others do as well).

I had NO IDEA that Sym Supreme did energy damage until someone in my alliance called me a noob and said, "Everyone knows this!" I asked him how everyone knew it because it isn't in his description, and he was like, "He hits with energy." I was even more confused because it doesn't look like he hits with any energy like sorc supreme or claire.

I think Kabam should add this to the mystic champions descriptions, Dr Strange, SS, Claire, and anyone else (e.g. mojo and longshot and older chars) that may be missing it so it can be explicitly known! I even think Magneto and other characters should explicitly say it even tho most people know by now...