**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* Ronin need to rebalnce

I got 6* Ronin he is new character but no use at all hos awakening ability also not useful.any chance to revisit him ???

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Apparently he is sweet, there were a bunch of illegible graphs (that reminded me of asteroids) with contradictory info that proves it.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    He’s good if you can play him and I know there are hardcore Ronin fans out there but he’s a bit like nightthrasher, mediocre when played normally, very good when played well.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,347 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

He’s good if you can play him and I know there are hardcore Ronin fans out there but he’s a bit like nightthrasher, mediocre when played normally, very good when played well.

In fairness, that suggests he's well-designed. Most of the "God-tier" champs are considered such because they can be amazing without needing the application of much skill (Ghost and Quake being exceptions; both of whom took quite a while for people to realise their potential).

Surely the ideal champion (for the enjoyment of the players, and even the future of the game) is a champion that is mediocre if played mediocrely; and potentially amazing if played amazingly.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I have a r4 awakened Ronin and I can tell you two things with absolute certainty: 1. His awakened ability is borderline useless, 2. Ronin is an absolute beast.
    Now, I don't to imply that he's the best champ or is this secret god-tier champion, but he is incredibly fun and incredibly useful. He's kind of like a jack-of-all-trades, he can do a lot of things good, but there's champs that can do it better. He has bleeds, guaranteed crits, passive furies and cruelties, perfect block, evade, debuff shrug off, great synergies, ability accuracy reduction, and is incredibly suicide friendly. In fact, I actually just took up my Ronin to r5 as I wrote the previous sentence, screw it, it's been a while since I ranked up a champ just because I like them and not because I need them for Act 6.
    Anyways, Ronin is a great champion. Not the best, but very fun to play. Plus, he is one of the few characters that seem to have a built in intercept mechanic, like it's super easy to backdraft intercept with him and so long as the opponent is under one bar of power, you can do it pretty much guaranteed every time.