**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just Completed Act 5 - Now What?

BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
Hello!

I just completed Act 5, and I am wondering how I should progress further (what content to do)? I would like to approach act 6.1 in the upcoming summer. I have attempted Variant 4, and I have been able to get through the first 4 fights with only She-Hulk (those were probably some of the best fights I have done), but I didn't continue since I was saving revives for 5.3 and 5.4 (though I only used 5). I found that I couldn't do the first fight in Variant 3 (the wasp), but I have a Sentinel at 2/35.

I would say I am an average player. I can parry and dex (of course), and sometimes (50% of the time) I go try hard and bust out those intercepts and sidesteps from Instinctive Touch. Are there any other skills I should learn?

How should I progress my roster? Currently I can take three champs to rank four, since I have 12 tier two alpha. I don't know who I should take up from my roster (image below). I will be getting my first 6 star this month, but I don't know if that will affect my rank up decisions (since I can't expect a useful champ).

Some more questions...

What to use the chronometer for in the rifts? Mutant awakening gem? 10k 5 star shards? Don't even get the chronometer? (Note: I don't grind the game much, and I don't do arena, so I won't have enough units for all the sig stone offers).

Should I look to get suicide masteries, or look to save up for Cyber Weekend? Again, units are scarce for me since I neither have the time nor the roster to attempt an infinite streak in any arena besides Summoner Trials :(

Any help would be appreciated, since I came back pretty recently in March, and I don't know much about how progression has changed.

Comments

• BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 290 ★★★
    P.S. I have an XP Boost on, not any health or attack boosts.
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Well I’m terms of roster progression focus on your 5* mainly she hulk domino sentinal majik and namor
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Domino, Sentinel, and She Hulk to r3 right now, and Namor later. Get good with Sentinel and go for at least chapter 1 of Variant 2.
  • SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★

Hold up why did you need to clarify what type of boosts you’re using ?
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    rank up Domino for damage. rank up Magik for power control. Those two can take your far unawakened. Go for mutant AG in rifts and get a gem for Omega Red or Namor. Omega benefits from suicides if you go that route. They both need a lot of sig stones to max their damage output but are excellent champs if you do. Sentinel's a good rank up as well for immunities. You have some good 4* but those are 4-5 excellent 5* to focus on.

Content-wise I'd say explore 5.1 and see how that goes. If it goes good, keep going. Look up Act 5 exploration guides for help. Some folks like to explore 5.4 and 5.3 before Collector chapter again. My sense is you'll need to build your roster more before Variants or Cavalier. Do event quests and Act 5 exploration for that. When you get those champs I listed above to r4 then revisit forums and ask again to see about Variants or making Cav run.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think if you could just touch up your skills (no offense), you could go for v4 completion. I found it decently easy and mostly skill based (for completion) as long as you have a counter for the electro boss
    @WarlockdaRobot Should I not even go for 6.1? I though the majority of the problems came in at 6.2?
    @Thicco_Mode What champions did you use for variant 4? I came back to the game recently, and I feel like the AI has changed since I last played, so I have been adapting slowly... but surely. And I have a question, what makes you think I am not skilled. Just a question...
  • dadofdragonsdadofdragons Posts: 8
    I think Tru gave you some of the most specific and useful advice. As someone who came back to the game in 2019 after having quit for two years I was in a similar place to you: roster not In the current meta and just finished act 5.

Domino, she hulk, sentinel, and majik are going to put in the most work for you unawakened. I wouldn’t take up omega unless you run suicides (which are great but expensive and you mentioned you aren’t a grinder nor does it seem like you’re too keen on spending—which are the only two ways to unlock them). Omega and Namor are beyond god tier but require heavy investment (again omega with suicides and stones, Namor with stones, both need to be awakened).

Right now I’d say to maximize your value with the rifts and just to the regular ones, so that way you can hopefully get a little of everything without sacrificing for one big thing.

Are you doing monthly event quests 100%? I’d say exploring act 5 and monthly eqs 100% should be the main priority before you even look at doing 6.1. Even still after that I’d probably say do initial completions of variants 2&3 before 6.1.

Tl;dr Seatins got a progression guide that’s been updated within the past year I wanna say on YouTube. I’d check that out as well as his best champs guide that’s updated monthly as well.

Best of luck.
  • CaptainLEVICaptainLEVI Posts: 30
    i Would suggest you to 100% Act 5 since there are worthfull ressources as rank up gems & awakening gems.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Can't agree with @Tru100 and @dadofdragons enough. None of domino, she hulk, sentinel or magik need awakening for offense, which is huge.

You also have some Regen/Lane clearing help there in OML and Angela, if you don't pull better.

And for AQ, low level war and clearing act 5, you have 5 of the best, situational 4* champs at max level, in particular switch, cap and corvus. Bar gulk if you get him as 4*, or warlock, you may not have to rank a 4* again.

For Awakening, if you go for one, as tru said, Omega or namor all the way. Personally, Omega and work on saving for willpower and suicides, as it will save you a fortune in potions. And he is unreal for clearing act 5 and eventually getting cavalier. Others will say equally if namor, so it's hard to go wrong, but watch some vids on who is best as you'll want to dump every mutant and generic sig stone into which ever one, so you'll be unlikely to do both!

For progression, as dadof said, watch @Seatin vid. It is v good. But to short cut it, focus on completing monthly UC EQ and masters first. If you are not, also think about getting into an Alliance that does at least 20m AQ score and only buy t2a and t5b chunks with your glory.

Great starter roster, great progress made and good luck from here!
    Thanks for the help!

Would Omega Red still be viable with few sig stones? I can target an awakening gem during this event, so who should I target it for?

For Awakening, if you go for one, as tru said, Omega or namor all the way. Personally, Omega and work on saving for willpower and suicides, as it will save you a fortune in potions. And he is unreal for clearing act 5 and eventually getting cavalier. Others will say equally if namor, so it's hard to go wrong, but watch some vids on who is best as you'll want to dump every mutant and generic sig stone into which ever one, so you'll be unlikely to do both!

How do I farm sig stones? I can only take a mutant up to sig 40, and it seems like my sig stone stash hasn't increased in so long.

For progression, as dadof said, watch @Seatin vid. It is v good. But to short cut it, focus on completing monthly UC EQ and masters first. If you are not, also think about getting into an Alliance that does at least 20m AQ score and only buy t2a and t5b chunks with your glory.

I do UC EQ 100% pretty easily, (I will prob finish in a few days and get my first 6 star), and I do buy t2a and t5b with glory. I am almost at 2 t5b's.

Just a question about domino, how good is she w/o her synergies?