**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I’ve been seeing a lot of talk about champs being useless and although there’s some truth to this...

BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
I think the real issue isn’t (mostly) that your champions are axiomatically useless but rather we’ve gone off the deep end in node absurdity. All of these nodes are what are really discouraging you from enjoying your roster. Back in the day even the **** nodes like bane had some type of reward if you played well. Now it’s like you played great and the games like “oh you’re doing so well...degenerate 30% of base attack of this super absurdly turbo’d up defender! Oh what’s that you died, oh degenerate attack status based on each ko’d ally”. It’s really that in my opinion that’s the nexus between the good times and now.

In kabams defense, as a computer scientist myself, I struggle to even imagine the complexity of code and how everything interacts so dianamically and honestly I’m in awe that this game runs the way it does, it really is the best game on the market by probably a long shot but I think it’s time to be a bit more introspective about content. The grand elder is a perfect example of Kabam doing the right thing. Hard as **** but any champ can pull it off. That’s all the community wants. You can still have lanes that are crazy and those are the ones you save for, those are the big goals where you plan on spending units, it’s part of the big milestone of 100%ing and area but leave it to a path or two per maps. As it stands everything in endgame is just, really at least for me, it’s just not fun.

Comments

• Options
    InxInx Posts: 115
    The problem is either the op nodes that stop you from using a champ like Thor in act 6 or even the next book, but those nodes are a result of op champs like nick fury, which intially were first a result, ironically enough, of op champ like Thor, who alone with s witch were largely to blame for the 12.0 nerf so chicken and egg my friend, chicken and egg.

Plus people would use Thor in end game content if they had to or could, due to him being all they have. An option is an option, not everyone has champs like nick fury, but still want to do end game content. Largely the problem are the node combinations that need specific champions in end game content. How many champions without Heimdall can do caustic temper Sinister in act 6?
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    @May_The_Way I believe that last part you wrote answers your question. I think the problem is that these nodes just on a literal level don’t allow you to use those champs you like. Sure there will be champs that your goal is to get but while your inching to that goal you can still enjoy the champs you have. Or even better you have all the good champs but your favorite champ isn’t one of those but your willing to go an extra 50 hits a fight because you just love them. The argument I’m making is the nodes don’t even allow for that.