**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can't resist this anymore

13»

Comments

• KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

arsjum said:

This has nothing to do with what you have or do in real life or not.

You aren't forced to play the game. If you want to play, go ahead and do it. But the game won't change in order to give out everything away for no effort in doing the content.
    If you feel your alliance takes a lot of your personal time, then adapt to it. Either leave the alliance and find one that fits your schedule, or change your schedule in order to fit the alliance

Please show me where anyone said they want the game "to give out everything away for no effort in doing content." Also can you logically explain how players can clear AQ with no effort when 30-minute timers in place?
    It's logical, don't need to explain that.
    AQ was designed to be played with 1 hour energy timers. That was already discussed and confirmed, multiple times, across multiple threads, by the moderators.
    Changing it to 30 minutes timers is not something that they plan to change permanently, and it's only an exception for some times. And as explained above, there's not only good stuff that comes from it.
    Unless the maps suffer double the amount of nodes and moves, there is no need for 30 minute timers
    Literally noone explained anything bad that comes out of it other than the fact that some alliances may ask members to log in more to complete faster. The pros outweigh the cons.
    Also, just because it was designed that way doesn't mean it can't change. So many things in the game were designed a certain way and yet have changed.
    Also, there is no NEED for 30 min timers. It just helps the player base.
  • Mart83Mart83 Posts: 21

Who is forcing you to play? Who is forcing you to HAVE to stay up late? Quit whining about the things in your control. You CHOSE the alliance and you CHOSE to participate with the rules given. I'm sick of the whiny babies who think the game has to be altered to fit their lives! Selfish morons!

That’s not the point, people want to play map 6/7 but who wants to stay up well past normal hours and have to potentially wake up in the night to move or log in first thing in the morning to move. It’s not being selfish it’s called being practical, who the heck enjoys that?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    I didn't said that I wouldn't want AQ timers to be set to 30 minutes. That would be nice for me, actually.
    I was just pointing out that is not a necessary thing to do, as others think they are by giving out poor arguments.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★

I didn't said that I wouldn't want AQ timers to be set to 30 minutes. That would be nice for me, actually.
    I was just pointing out that is not a necessary thing to do, as others think they are by giving out poor arguments.

it is the most necessary thing to do there is no argumenting here do you love spending your day calculating the timers 30min would let you jump whenevrr and do your fights without the stress of not being able to reach in time

AQ has always been a game of prestige not time everyone will benefit from short timers
  • RidwandoRidwando Posts: 18
    With 30/45 min timers and current length of paths, most alliances will be able to finish AQ without having to worry about running out of time. So, I don't see why most alliances will pressure you to log in more often, when the overall level of stress is going to go down, and you know that there will be plenty of time to complete the map regardless. That's the key point the naysayers seem to miss.

This is good for kabam too, by preventing burnout from AQ, and retaining more players.

I am frankly amazed at how some are against this simple quality of life improvement. They are deflecting and flat out ignoring all the pros pointed out by everyone else, and clinging onto a stupid con that is not a realistic concern at all.

• arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

arsjum said:

This has nothing to do with what you have or do in real life or not.

You aren't forced to play the game. If you want to play, go ahead and do it. But the game won't change in order to give out everything away for no effort in doing the content.
    If you feel your alliance takes a lot of your personal time, then adapt to it. Either leave the alliance and find one that fits your schedule, or change your schedule in order to fit the alliance

Please show me where anyone said they want the game "to give out everything away for no effort in doing content." Also can you logically explain how players can clear AQ with no effort when 30-minute timers in place?
    It's logical, don't need to explain that.
    AQ was designed to be played with 1 hour energy timers. That was already discussed and confirmed, multiple times, across multiple threads, by the moderators.
    Changing it to 30 minutes timers is not something that they plan to change permanently, and it's only an exception for some times. And as explained above, there's not only good stuff that comes from it.
    Unless the maps suffer double the amount of nodes and moves, there is no need for 30 minute timers
    I'll get to the rest of your argument but I am going to press you one more time on your original fallacious claim that those players asking for 30-minute timers want free stuff given out "with no effort" on their part. Give me a logical explanation of how 30-minute timers will let players get free stuff "with no effort," will you? Not only are you shifting the topic but you are also providing a rebuttal to your own claim when you say "there's not only good stuff that comes from it." So, who is asking for free stuff with no effort?

The bottom line is, stop the hyperbole to dismiss people's legitimate concerns.

As for the rest of your argument, it adds absolutely nothing to the discussion. Just reiterating what is obvious is redundant and does nothing to address what is being discussed. Everyone knows the AQ was designed with specific goals and expectations in mind (read: "in the minds" of game designers at Kabam). What we are saying is that those goals and expectations need to change as is the structure of AQ; be it the timers, the length, energy restrictions, and other requirements that suck the energy out of overwhelming majority of the players.

It's fashionable in this forum by certain members to dismiss others' concerns as long as they are personally fine with game requirements only ironically for these same members to change their tone when they are personally struggling with what Kabam has put in front of them.

The game should not cater to such selfish whims but should address the concerns of the overwhelming majority of the players. There is massive burnout, especially among players who do maps 6 and 7 on a regular basis. Login several times a day for five days straight and you CANNOT even have an emergency day off. That game design is plain evil. And I am not going to sugarcoat it.

Shorter AQ timers are much easier for players and would definitely alleviate the burnout. Despite Demozfyre's claims, the evidence is overwhelming. Actually, the evidence for the shorter AQ timers being easier for the players exists in the form of data that is available to Kabam. Why does Kabam turn on shorter timers occasionally either as a form of "reward" or a "compensation"? They know it is a fact shorter AQ timers are easier for the players.

And by "easier" I am talking in reference to players' personal lives and schedules. The difficulty of the content is the same.

It may not exactly be shorter timers but Kabam needs to restructure the AQ. In its current state, it is a drag and eventually leads to burn out.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    I remember a few years ago Kabam made the changes to the AQ timer from 1 hour to 30 minutes for a week and you can tell how positively the community reacted to these changes, even though it was only for a week. That's feedback that Kabam has on record and yet the idea of the AQ timer changing/reducing isn't something they have considered.

This change isn't something that will affect the game's economy nor will it affect Kabam financially. This is purely a request for a "quality of life" improvement.

It's a no brainer that the aim of game developers like Kabam is to get you to play this game as much as possible, but with endgame content nowadays literally taking hours and hours to complete, you'd think this is something that should be on their agenda when it comes improving the experience of its users. It really isn't a lot to ask.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We appreciate the feedback on energy timers. In the future, refrain from insults and arguing and focus on providing constructive feedback about the game.
This discussion has been closed.