**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Silver surfer should be tweaked little

LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
Silver surfer is very power full comic character. When he was introduced in contest all summoner had high hopes but he turned out to be average champ.
I would suggest kabam to simply change few things in silver surfer.
1. His immunity is useless when debuffs Are stacked, this so called immunity sayd -100 % reduction in incinerate, shock and cold damage debuffs. They count as unique buff. But he should be completely immune and those unique buffs will wear off as there timer expires.
2. All the buff should trigger additional armour break so we can get more damage out of him.
3. Heavy attacks should be able to refresh active buffs after awakening surfer so we can gain most out of buffs.
4. Fury should be little bit more.
5. Power gain duration should be increased little.

Comments

• rdxevilrdxevil Posts: 231 ★★
    Seems like you just pulled him?
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    I agree with the power gain bit, like please make it the same duration as all the others it’s confusing! But the rest of it is unnecessary. When he came out I don’t think people understood quite how to get the absolute most out of him and how exactly to play him. It’s almost like ghost, learn how to play her at her best and she can do tons, otherwise she’s just mediocre
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    Its been long since i have pulled him(5 star), I gave him awakening gem 109 signature stones. But afterwards i relalised that he is pathetic and useless, when i started using him i realised that he has room for improvements. Hopefully kabam improves him. Many people used lots of money behind him.
    I don’t have any shock immune 5* champ so i upgraded silver surfer so i could go through 6.1.2, but he was wrecked by EMP modification and I realised this immunities are good for nothing. He was taking shock damage when shocks were stacking(more than 1). All that gold (5* to R4), awakening gem, signature stone all wasted for nothing.
    Atleast kabam give him proper immunity.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    TP33 said:

I agree with the power gain bit, like please make it the same duration as all the others it’s confusing! But the rest of it is unnecessary. When he came out I don’t think people understood quite how to get the absolute most out of him and how exactly to play him. It’s almost like ghost, learn how to play her at her best and she can do tons, otherwise she’s just mediocre

I quite like the shorter duration, and I think it’s intentional. You can let it expire quicker than the others and quickly trigger it again from scratch (as it’s the first in the rotation) so that it refreshes all existing buffs
    Lordabck said:

I don’t have any shock immune 5* champ so i upgraded silver surfer so i could go through 6.1.2, but he was wrecked by EMP modification and I realised this immunities are good for nothing. He was taking shock damage when shocks were stacking(more than 1). All that gold (5* to R4), awakening gem, signature stone all wasted for nothing.

I can feel your frustration, but again I rather like his current pseudo-immunity as it means you can heal from the debuffs via Willpower, and on nodes where those debuffs stack, you’ll be able to deal increased energy damage per hit. I wouldn’t quite dismiss them as ‘good for nothing’.

Of course this form of pseudo-immunity it does have its downsides - as you mentioned, it provides no immunity to the corresponding passive effect, and Enhanced debuff nodes will still be able to deal damage.

Lordabck said:

Atleast kabam give him proper immunity.</

<blockquote class="UserQuote">

Lordabck said:

I can feel your frustration, but again I rather like his current pseudo-immunity as it means you can heal from the debuffs via Willpower, and on nodes where those debuffs stack, you’ll be able to deal increased energy damage per hit. I wouldn’t quite dismiss them as ‘good for nothing’.

Of course this form of pseudo-immunity it does have its downsides - as you mentioned, it provides no immunity to the corresponding passive effect, and Enhanced debuff nodes will still be able to deal damage.
    But in act 6 this stacking debuffs are so strong and no way of escaping them. So this so called immunities ends up finishing us within few seconds.
    I mailed kabam regarding this and they said they will look into this matter, try to resolve this issue. Hopefully they give him proper immunity.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★

Lordabck said:

That's pretty useless.
    just negate any damage from those debuffs while keeping then
    Jh_Dez said:

Lordabck said:

That's pretty useless.
    just negate any damage from those debuffs while keeping then
    Respectfully, I don’t agree that it’s useless. I just ran him on the Disstrack/Energy Adoption path in 6.4 and the Willpower regen sustainability I got from his pseudo-immunities meant that I could take the entire path with just Surfer.

I’m unsure you understand correctly - his abilities already negate damage from those debuffs whilst they’re active.
    edited May 2020
    @Lordabck If you’re referring to the EMP modification shocks, those aren’t debuffs. Those are passive effects.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Lordabck said:

Silver surfer is very power full comic character. When he was introduced in contest all summoner had high hopes but he turned out to be average champ.
    1. His immunity is useless when debuffs Are stacked, this so called immunity sayd -100 % reduction in incinerate, shock and cold damage debuffs. They count as unique buff. But he should be completely immune and those unique buffs will wear off as there timer expires.
    2. All the buff should trigger additional armour break so we can get more damage out of him.
    3. Heavy attacks should be able to refresh active buffs after awakening surfer so we can gain most out of buffs.

For 1), rather than saying -100% reduction in so and so damage debuffs, they should just word it as does not take damage from so and so debuffs to make it the same as corvus, that way silver surfer can keep the other benefits associated with that part of his ability.

Lordabck said:

For 1), rather than saying -100% reduction in so and so damage debuffs, they should just word it as does not take damage from so and so debuffs to make it the same as corvus, that way silver surfer can keep the other benefits associated with that part of his ability.
    @Octoberstack hence why it's nonsense.
    Adoption lightning doesn't deal much damage. I used magik and blade freely on that path
    If it was similar to the incinerate version which reduces ability accuracy, you probably won't be worried about willpower.
    The point is that when faced with enhancement nodes this ability is totally useless since you'd still take damage. Willpower might not even out-heal it.
    Heck look at human torch whose incinerate increases in damage per stack of incinerate and smoulder, silver surfer wouldn't last
    Jh_Dez said:

Lordabck said:

Adoption lightning doesn't deal much damage. I used magik and blade freely on that path
    If it was similar to the incinerate version which reduces ability accuracy, you probably won't be worried about willpower.
    The point is that when faced with enhancement nodes this ability is totally useless since you'd still take damage. Willpower might not even out-heal it.
    Heck look at human torch whose incinerate increases in damage per stack of incinerate and smoulder, silver surfer wouldn't last
    I believe the path I did was Adoption Ice/Disstrack, and Surfer was pretty well suited for it as he could easily place 3 armour breaks with a heavy-phase to bypass Disstrack.

I wouldn’t say it’s nonsense, it’s just an ability with a different caveat.

Do I wish that he’d negate any and all damage from said debuffs rather than just -100%? Sure, the same way I wish Omega’s spores wouldn’t be slowed down by robots. Of course I wouldn’t complain if he got tweaked to reflect the above, but even so his current ability isn’t one I’d just dismiss as ‘useless’.

Jh_Dez said:

The point is that when faced with enhancement nodes this ability is totally useless since you'd still take damage.

Just use someone else when faced with an enhancement node, he’s not exactly someone you’ll take into a quest often anyway.

Jh_Dez said:

Lordabck said:

I believe the path I did was Adoption Ice/Disstrack, and Surfer was pretty well suited for it as he could easily place 3 armour breaks with a heavy-phase to bypass Disstrack.

Do I wish that he’d negate any and all damage from said debuffs rather than just -100%? Sure, the same way I wish Omega’s spores wouldn’t be slowed down by robots. Of course I wouldn’t complain if he got tweaked to reflect the above, but even so his current ability isn’t one I’d just dismiss as ‘useless’.

Jh_Dez said:

The point is that when faced with enhancement nodes this ability is totally useless since you'd still take damage.

Just use someone else when faced with an enhancement node, he’s not exactly someone you’ll take into a quest often anyway.
    Maybe useless is an over exaggeration
    It's just not useful with all the attack values and node combinations
    Jh_Dez said:

Jh_Dez said:

Lordabck said:

Jh_Dez said:

Eh, I’ve found it useful so far when I’ve had to use him. Not that I‘ve used him particularly often, but when I have, it’s been very handy. At the end of the day the game is all about picking the right matchups for your champs, and vice versa.

Jh_Dez said:

Jh_Dez said:

Lordabck said:

Jh_Dez said:

Eh, I’ve found it useful so far when I’ve had to use him. Not that I‘ve used him particularly often, but when I have, it’s been very handy. At the end of the day the game is all about picking the right matchups for your champs, and vice versa.
    I just need him to have proper immunity, guy has power to throw opponent in sun or whatever and damage is **** (sp3).
    And he gain 25% boost only. If you think about it this damage should be ramped up a little or he should have proper immunity atleast.
    I don’t think kabam will ever reply to this.
    Atleast they should apply some login (not kabam logic, other wise we will get another sentry out of surfer). This guy is very strong in comics and here Human torch is stronger than Surfer...like what the hell. Surfer man hanled torch in movies and comics. So we know he should get immunity(otherwise it will be like Iceman- not immune cold😂)

@Lordabck If you’re referring to the EMP modification shocks, those aren’t debuffs. Those are passive effects.

Bro Mailed kabam regarding the issue and they said it is not supposed to happen. He is not supposed to take passive shock damage.
    Lordabck said:

Bro Mailed kabam regarding the issue and they said it is not supposed to happen. He is not supposed to take passive shock damage.
    It’s not an bug, his abilities clearly state that he only takes reduced damage from active debuffs. Passive effects (like the EMP mod shocks) are not debuffs.

Lordabck said:

It’s not an bug, his abilities clearly state that he only takes reduced damage from active debuffs. Passive effects (like the EMP mod shocks) are not debuffs.

But they may change it little. Many people before have asked kabam to changesurfer little bit, it is required otherwise any damage over time from this stacks he gets damge.
  • AlatokAlatok Posts: 6
    TP33 said:

You simply cannot set the duration of the power gain on the same level of Fury and Armor+ buffs.
    Just because that low duration of the power gain has basically 2 different types of aims:

1- To balance the Champion.. You cannot have a Champion with a permanent power gain buff
    2- If every single buff was with the same expiring time, the Silver Surfer gameplay would be totally refreshed and without ANY possibility to refresh all the buffs and durations.. He should go back to the beginning everytime!
    Lordabck said:

Lordabck said:

But they may change it little. Many people before have asked kabam to changesurfer little bit, it is required otherwise any damage over time from this stacks he gets damge.
    They could, but it isn’t required by any means
  • Bgchow13Bgchow13 Posts: 39
    At the very least I think Silver Surfer should be Bleed immune. It is well established in Marvel canon that his silver skin is nearly impervious; and even if it wasn't canon, look at him, I mean, he doesn’t look like someone who should bleed.
    I trust my guy that kabam will never make any changes to silver surfer. But how biased this people are, their creativity is questionable. Being powerful as surfer, hulk, sentry,Thanos, kang, captain marvel, juggernaut, magneto and many more are useless and weak in this game.
    Marvel studio should see this, what they have made out of their best creativity.