**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank downs

Comments

• Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Give me one compelling reason why they SHOULD issue rank-downs? Not reasons that benefit you, but reasons that make sense and benefit the game?

1-Because if they sell them for units or part of a purchase package people will spend real money on them that kabam can deposit into their bank account.

Considering the amount that's made on Resources compared to what they would make on Tickets, that is not sound.
    I'm assuming you have seen the market analysis on this to make this statement.
    Regardless, it's not just about the money.
    LMFAO!!
    The game is all about progressing through Ranking Champs. It also involves choosing who to use what Resources on. Nothing is wasted from a progress standpoint. The point is to earn more Resources to Rank more Champs.
    Many people will not spend money on things they can in time earn from playing the game, but those same people might spend on something they otherwise can't get. Especially when it can directly fix something they don't like and improve something they do like. I'm not saying they should add them, but the profitability of them would be a compelling reason. I haven't bothered with the market research on it, was just offering a suggestions. Please when you finish with the report, send it on over, I'd love to see what lead you to that firm conclusion.

You don't need a Market Analysis to see that the money they make on Resources over a year, combined with the money they make from people working towards said Resources, is greater than the money they would make on a single Item that recovers said Resources to reallocate. They would lose money.
    Here's some free business advice. Before expanding a product or discarding any suggestions of expanding, do some market research. It will allow you to decide whether or not to sell a new product and also at what price it would make sense to sell this item so you make money and not lose it. To suggest that "They would lose money" without any data on what people would be willing to spend on it and how much it needs to gross to offset sales loss due to the new product, is foolhardy at best.
    Regardless, that's not what they're for. They were only introduced because of the nerfs. Changes made to how the Champs themselves function. They're not a quick fix to Ranking someone else up. They've explained this countless times. Who would bother working for Resources if they could just swap them? That's counterintuitive to the game design. They're not for swapping Rosters or dealing with ongoing issues. They're for changes to the integrity of the functionality of existing Champs.

Look, just because that was the original plan for them does not mean they cannot adapt a fairly popular item into an additional revenue stream. Questioning who will work for resources because of an item they can buy is just silly. That comment can be expanded to any item offered for sale in the game and yet people still play to earn things.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Give me one compelling reason why they SHOULD issue rank-downs? Not reasons that benefit you, but reasons that make sense and benefit the game?

1-Because if they sell them for units or part of a purchase package people will spend real money on them that kabam can deposit into their bank account.

Considering the amount that's made on Resources compared to what they would make on Tickets, that is not sound.
    LMFAO!!
    The game is all about progressing through Ranking Champs. It also involves choosing who to use what Resources on. Nothing is wasted from a progress standpoint. The point is to earn more Resources to Rank more Champs.
    Many people will not spend money on things they can in time earn from playing the game, but those same people might spend on something they otherwise can't get. Especially when it can directly fix something they don't like and improve something they do like. I'm not saying they should add them, but the profitability of them would be a compelling reason. I haven't bothered with the market research on it, was just offering a suggestions. Please when you finish with the report, send it on over, I'd love to see what lead you to that firm conclusion.

You don't need a Market Analysis to see that the money they make on Resources over a year, combined with the money they make from people working towards said Resources, is greater than the money they would make on a single Item that recovers said Resources to reallocate. They would lose money.
    Here's some free business advice. Before expanding a product or discarding any suggestions of expanding, do some market research. It will allow you to decide whether or not to sell a new product and also at what price it would make sense to sell this item so you make money and not lose it. To suggest that "They would lose money" without any data on what people would be willing to spend on it and how much it needs to gross to offset sales loss due to the new product, is foolhardy at best.
    Regardless, that's not what they're for. They were only introduced because of the nerfs. Changes made to how the Champs themselves function. They're not a quick fix to Ranking someone else up. They've explained this countless times. Who would bother working for Resources if they could just swap them? That's counterintuitive to the game design. They're not for swapping Rosters or dealing with ongoing issues. They're for changes to the integrity of the functionality of existing Champs.

Look, just because that was the original plan for them does not mean they cannot adapt a fairly popular item into an additional revenue stream. Questioning who will work for resources because of an item they can buy is just silly. That comment can be expanded to any item offered for sale in the game and yet people still play to earn things.

You don't need data. You just need common sense.
  • Options

LMFAO!!

LOL, ok.
  • Options
    Nearly every single one of our clients thought that way, which is why they needed to hire us.

Common sense doesn't exist and is not a replacement for knowledge.
  • Options

LMFAO!!

LOL, ok.

I've already said that it's not about the money aspect. It's about the design of the game and what the actual intended use is for them. However, since the conversation is going in this direction, I'll play ball.
    Consider the fact that the Maximum Purchase available in the game currently is roughly $100. In Canada, it's $139.99. That's not the cap allowed, but it's the current stated on the App Page, so we will use that as a reference. Consider the In-Game Value of a T4CC, as per the various Deals we have observed. Factor in the amount you would recover from a Ticket. Multiply that, and also factor in the In-Game Value of the T4B, ISO, and Gold. That vastly outweighs $139.99 CDN alone.
    Then consider the amount people spend on content such as AQ or Quests as they work towards gaining Resources. It's in the thousands.
    By no means am I implying it's all about the money, or that it's the sole reason they're not available. However, if you can say that offering an Item as readily available that contradicts the entire progression of the game, won't afford them money, then I don't know what to say.
  • Options
    Idk why rank down comes up week after week. If you haven't realized by now we are never going to see them again. Im way over this. Just forget about it. Its not going to happen.
  • Options

LMFAO!!

LOL, ok.

I've already said that it's not about the money aspect. It's about the design of the game and what the actual intended use is for them. However, since the conversation is going in this direction, I'll play ball.
    Consider the fact that the Maximum Purchase available in the game currently is roughly $100. In Canada, it's $139.99. That's not the cap allowed, but it's the current stated on the App Page, so we will use that as a reference. Consider the In-Game Value of a T4CC, as per the various Deals we have observed. Factor in the amount you would recover from a Ticket. Multiply that, and also factor in the In-Game Value of the T4B, ISO, and Gold. That vastly outweighs $139.99 CDN alone.
    Then consider the amount people spend on content such as AQ or Quests as they work towards gaining Resources. It's in the thousands.
    By no means am I implying it's all about the money, or that it's the sole reason they're not available. However, if you can say that offering an Item as readily available that contradicts the entire progression of the game, won't afford them money, then I don't know what to say.

Which is why you do the research. I am quite certain they already have explored the possibility and do not see it as profitable for some of the reasons you state. Your dismissal of it with zero information or knowledge just gave be a thread to pull.
  • Options
    Idk why rank down comes up week after week. If you haven't realized by now we are never going to see them again. Im way over this. Just forget about it. Its not going to happen.

IDK why people post on a thread that they aren't interested in the topic. Posting alone contradicts the statement made within the post. You have created a paradox and the universe will begin collapsing around your post.
  • Options

LMFAO!!

LOL, ok.

Which is why you do the research. I am quite certain they already have explored the possibility and do not see it as profitable for some of the reasons you state. Your dismissal of it with zero information or knowledge just gave be a thread to pull.

I don't need to do research to know it's not a profitable angle to consider it a financial gain. That's where the common sense comes in. Nice thought, but the angle is not sound.
  • Options

IDK why people post on a thread that they aren't interested in the topic. Posting alone contradicts the statement made within the post. You have created a paradox and the universe will begin collapsing around your post.

This is a discussion. People are free to opine whether they are in support of the idea or not.
  • Options
    Haha. Okay man. Enjoy the continued begging of kabam for rank down tickets. Who knows maybe they'll listen to you instead of everyone else and you can change there minds. Good luck with that. Cause what i remember them saying is we'll never see them again. Never know though. Try to get them to get the game playing like it was before 12.0 too while your at it lol.
  • Options

LMFAO!!

LOL, ok.

I don't need to do research to know it's not a profitable angle to consider it a financial gain. That's where the common sense comes in. Nice thought, but the angle is not sound.

Sorry, but with the information you have available to you, you cannot make that determination. "Common sense" is a logical fallacy and is used to support a point only when the speaker has no clue what they are talking about. Carry on.
  • Options

This is a discussion. People are free to opine whether they are in support of the idea or not.

I agree with that. But to post to say you have no interest clearly shows that the statement is false since they had enough interest to type a response. Hence the paradox he has created. Its like the statement "I always lie." If he does always lie, then the statement is a lie, which means he doesn't always lie, making the statement false.
  • Options
    Haha. Okay man. Enjoy the continued begging of kabam for rank down tickets. Who knows maybe they'll listen to you instead of everyone else and you can change there minds. Good luck with that. Cause what i remember them saying is we'll never see them again. Never know though. Try to get them to get the game playing like it was before 12.0 too while your at it lol.

I actually don't think they should add rank down tickets. I think it creates another competitive imbalance in favor of the top end players.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

LMFAO!!

LOL, ok.

Sorry, but with the information you have available to you, you cannot make that determination. "Common sense" is a logical fallacy and is used to support a point only when the speaker has no clue what they are talking about. Carry on.

I've made my points. The argument is becoming cyclical. I know what I'm talking about. There is little financial benefit from offering them because it takes away from the long-term financial gain. That's about all I have to say. I'm all for debates. This one is going in semantic circles.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

LMFAO!!

LOL, ok.

I've made my points. The argument is becoming cyclical. I know what I'm talking about. There is little financial benefit from offering them because it takes away from the long-term financial gain. That's about all I have to say. I'm all for debates. This one is going in semantic circles.

That's because you've missed the point of the entire exercise. I'm not particularly surprised, but I had hope.

High apple pie in the sky hopes.
  • Options
    I love rank down tickets... y'all are crazy to not want them. The fundamentals of AW have changed. This is roughly 25% of the entire contest, and some would argue the most important piece. Consider not only your existing defensive champs value has changed due to new nodes and different scoring parameters, but also your needed offensive abilities have changed. Ex: How many people do you think have a 5/50 BW for thorns? Granted BW stock has not necessarily decreased but is arguably less "valuable" if you no longer run the thorns route every AW. Now you might need a poison immune or bleed immune for a specific assignment in your alliance... possibly even a power drain champ to better regulate power gain nodes/champs. This is actually an ideal circumstance for the very basis of why rank down tickets were introduced in the first place. A means to allieviate buyers remorse for MASSIVE changes in game play. This is definitely a MASSIVE change. One that will affect our ability to continue collecting 5* shards at the very least.

-MC-
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378

Lets say 10 million people rank down characters they have used over and over in the game (lets not even start on the benefits and rewards that you gained with these characters as rank-downs should remove all them as well surely?) Just 3 characters each. So that would mean they can now rank up 30,000,000 characters that will help them more in-game now, because they are newer, stronger characters, or just ones they like better

So thats 30,000,000 times the resources needed to rank these characters up that Kabam have lost the income on you getting in game. Thats a lot of money!

Then because they have ranked up stronger characters those 30,000,000 characters mean less potions and revives needed ongoing every day. That's a lot more lost income!!

So even a very conservative cost to Kabam would literally be tens of millions of pounds and more ongoing, and lets be honest, there will be a lot more than just 30 million characters affected as well

This is a business, can't see why people keep getting angry about that? its not a charity, they do this to pay wages and make profits, and good luck to them. And then we have the indignation by people like you that something you want in-game isnt granted as soon as you as for it!

He gave his reason in his post. Did you not read the whole thing?
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 378

Lets say 10 million people rank down characters they have used over and over in the game (lets not even start on the benefits and rewards that you gained with these characters as rank-downs should remove all them as well surely?) Just 3 characters each. So that would mean they can now rank up 30,000,000 characters that will help them more in-game now, because they are newer, stronger characters, or just ones they like better

So thats 30,000,000 times the resources needed to rank these characters up that Kabam have lost the income on you getting in game. Thats a lot of money!

Then because they have ranked up stronger characters those 30,000,000 characters mean less potions and revives needed ongoing every day. That's a lot more lost income!!

So even a very conservative cost to Kabam would literally be tens of millions of pounds and more ongoing, and lets be honest, there will be a lot more than just 30 million characters affected as well

This is a business, can't see why people keep getting angry about that? its not a charity, they do this to pay wages and make profits, and good luck to them. And then we have the indignation by people like you that something you want in-game isnt granted as soon as you as for it!

We can always just quit playing and then their WHOLE source of income will disappear. So what makes more sense now?
  • Options

LMFAO!!

LOL, ok.

That's because you've missed the point of the entire exercise. I'm not particularly surprised, but I had hope.

High apple pie in the sky hopes.
    My mistake. I thought it was a serious debate.
  • Options
    Rank down as a rare item or as a pay-for-item is not a bad idea. There is definitely a market for it.

Sorry there might be a market for it but RDT shouldn't be in the game for any other reason than what kabam has already stated. Why,

- this is a game about resource gathering and the strategic allocation of those resources.
    - once resource is used it can't be reused
    - this isn't about allowing people to fast track through the game and swap out champs because they don't want to work on getting better and stronger champ, which is exactly what the game is focused on doing.

Don't get me wrong I hate 6* because it's lazy extention of the game, no true new content, and if they had to come in then they are too early but we didn't get RDT when 5* arrived and for those of us who had to work hard to build our squads from before 4* we have collected and assigned even more resources which aren't really useful anymore and we have had to do the rebuild a number of times now.

I have no issue with these enable rank ups which has energy for everyone so if you want easier rank up resourcing earn those as soon as you are able to.
  • Options
    Aaronb06 wrote: »
    @Dave_the_destroyer. This is a free to play game. They will profit either way. People Wil still buy their promos, people will still need to rank future champs. There is no way they bank on "potions" as a legit profit tool. Units are simply too easy to cone by.

It's free to play because those who pay fund the development and running of the app which if your a free player you get to enjoy at no cost.

So are you saying as your free to play there should be RDT?

Actually we don't know where there money is made but I am guessing it used to be feature crystals and promos with a healthy potion and review income at the end. Now I think the features income has reduced because many don't see the point and with the rework they have done on the maps they are built to be revenue generating so that's their focus besides promos for this update. I'm just guessing but they have to make money or you get no game.
  • Options
    Ok mr white knight defender of the realm lol there is numerous threads of others anointing themselves as the official rdt officers. It gets old you don't like rdt being given out then just shut up plain and simple. That's my point

So your idea of discussion is if you agree talk if you don't 'shut up'. Well that's not how it works.
  • Options
    It's funny in a hypothetical scenario so many of you jump on the hate bandwagon and bash others for wanting rdt who are you to judge what someone else deems worthy? funny how this community is so quick to condemn others. The arrogance as well.

Exactly if they deemed them to be worthy to rank up, now that more champs are available, which there will be for a while to come, why should they be able to decide they are unworthy rather than just going on and getting the resources needed to rank the new champs they want. It's nothing about commenting on what they ranked it's a function of the game that you think and strategically use resources because choices can't be undone, RDT undermine that very core foundation.
  • Options
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    I have a brilliant idea......... Actually make t2a more availble like they promised to and maybe just maybe people will quit asking for RDTs. Now I know the argument is how is that fair to those who 100% LOL? NEWSFLASH those people want more t2a too, and guess what they will still have more r4 5* than you until you also 100% LOL. Nothing unfair about that. Now I am not saying give them away for free in calendars but why the hell are there not any t2a in 5.3? Not even a single shard. Just wait till next month when half the people completing master monthly now cannot when 6* are added to it. These requests are only going to multiply and get louder.

Just an fyi I know players who have been able to gather enough t2a for 7 r4 5* so if they have been able to do it then it's possible for everyone to do it one way or another, it may take longer for some than others
  • Options
    I would love rdt - but do you know what I would WAY prefer?

All the crappy old champions get a much needed upgrade.

This would solve soooo many issues.
  • Options
    Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    With the changes to AW and the focus on champ diversity, most of my top champs are now useless, as many others in my alliance have ranked up the same champs. It would be beneficial for me to be able to rank down the champs that are more frequently ranked up for AW defense (such as Magik, NC, Mordo, Juggs, etc.) and use those resources on more diverse champs.
  • Options
    Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★

LMFAO!!

Great point, but keep in mind that many of us used resources based on how the game was structured, for example AW. A lot of resources went into certain champs that worked great for that AW format. Now that the format has changed, many of those same champs are now useless, which means wasted resources for us players.

I understand that the game will evolve and I get that the company is out to make money. But in this situation regarding AW champ usage, I feel that the company should give us a chance to convert the resources that we have earned to be useful for the current format as opposed to starting over.

I am not asking for rank down tickets to completely overhaul my roster; I understand that would be counter productive for the companies profits. However, I think at least 2 or 3 rank down tickets would be reasonable for most players.
  • Options
    unknown wrote: »

We can always just quit playing and then their WHOLE source of income will disappear. So what makes more sense now?

Oh, I dont know, the fact that this will neve ever ever ever happen maybe? Not even close. Like not even in the same universe, thats how far this statement is from the actual truth

Like never