**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nick Fury or Human Torch to R5

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
I heard HT is good especially for AOL which is the only reason I'm even considering this.
I run suicides and Nick is duped HT not.

Nick Fury or Human Torch to R5 68 votes

Nick Fury
75%
Timone147RaganatorINTEGRALRaysDartsJim0172AspenLibralonixDragonMCOC_ASDF_G0311GodrohrBrokenDrDeadpool10or_StrongSantaGulkshadow_lurker22gauravtheslayerAleorEyrarPImpDaddy 51 votes
Human Torch
25%
GroundedWisdomZENege999menLvernon15Lucky7LucianoLmaoDenzel116EtjamaNomedYeshuaHera1d_of_Ga1actusVbnmeTheInfintyRioSmith11Agent_X_zzzMcocmoleman56Echobear_245NuclearOrk 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    If abyss is what you plan on doing go torch, he’s much more of a necessity than nick, and if you’re running suicides without deep wounds nick really won’t be doing much for you
  • Options
    StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

If abyss is what you plan on doing go torch, he’s much more of a necessity than nick, and if you’re running suicides without deep wounds nick really won’t be doing much for you

I run suicides with max DW and 2 levels in assassin.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    Nick and Suicides don't exactly mix very well. HT is amazing for Abyss.
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Both
  • Options
    PechyPechy Posts: 14
    Nick Fury
    Honestly both are completely worth it, torch destroys any mystic or energy champ and fury will shred any evader or auto blocker, and is more useful in general questing
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    since u run suicides Id go Torch
  • Options
    G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Nick Fury
    I love both characters and I recently took up my 6 * 2 Rank 2 Human Torch, I have a five-star Nick Fury rank 5. I would pick Nick Fury just cuz overall better but Human Torch is badass in abyss I was able to one shot Captain Marvel and Mephesto with Human Torch
  • Options
    Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    I haven't got Nick so I can't say anything in regards to him, however I do have Human Torch, was my first and currently only 6* R2, for me he has been worth it in every sense, he's great fighting regen champs, get him up to a decent enough temperature, his attacks dont miss, so things like evade, don't work. His greatest ability is his persistant ability, nova flames is just plain awesome. incinerate deals more damage per tick and last longer as they become nova flames, they are a passive debuff, so even the likes of Kingpin can't shrug them off, champions like Iceman/RedHulk/Night Thrasher who are immune to incinerate, will take damage from Nova flames, then there is the power sting from the Nova flame, yeah you can get to Nova flame by using a sp3, but using the persistant charge, it's a permanant passive instead of a 7 second one.

In laymans terms;

Incinerate deals more damage per stack AND reduces regen amounts + reduces there block proficieny.
    High enough temperate, and autoevade champs dont evade.
    Immune to Coldsnap/Frostbite/Incinerate.
    Nova Flames are deadly in both damage/power sting/NOT a debuff - Passive DOT.
    Persistant charge is unless awakened so you have a chance to regain it, is awesome for bosses, even the debuff immune ones.
  • Options
    Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Nick Fury
    I love how some people's arguments for ht is that he runs suicides....I have both and I run suicides and for suicides nick fury is much better since if you're facing an avenger you can remove both bbn bleed and poison with 1 heavy attack. What's your solution for human torch?
    Both are amazing and I'd r5 both of them but if you're asking who first I'd say fury.
    A lot of players tend to kill nick immediately and get to his second phase, I don't do that so any team I have him on I have 6 champs rather than 5.
    I'll play with the normal one until he dies,which is a very valuable and unique thing. He also fully counters evade and miss and can go fully unblockable. He also can block healing with despair because of how many bleeds he applies. And he has the insane synergies.
    Human torch on the other hand can counter miss(also something I see a lot of players misunderstand,he counters miss not evade. Champs can still evade human torch) fully incinerate coldsnap and frostbite immune. Counters korg. Is a general mystic slaying beast. And he can easily reverse healing as well as having the nova flame which is a passive energy damaging effect.
    Torch is amazing but I'd say nick is just better for normal content. I'd rank up both definitely but fury first.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Just to offer a basis for my comment, I'll tell you that I have a 5/65 sig 120 Fury, and an unduped 6* r2 Torch.

I didn't actually vote on your poll, but I'll say I agree with most of what everyone said.

Human Torch is incredible against mystics and energy dealers, but in my personal opinion, you don't really recognize that potential unless it's a pretty long fight (AoL, LoL, and Act 6).

Nick Fury, in my opinion, provides far more overall utility. If it bleeds, he's great! If it autoblocks or evades, he's great! But those things have already been said. What I haven't seen said though, is he has far better synergies with champs you probably wouldn't mind carrying anyway. Torch's synergies aren't that great unless you plan on carrying the whole F4, and honestly, when do you want that many of the same class on a quest? Fury can also be a good defender in AW. Even at 6*R2, Torch would never be a choice defender unless I was desperate for diversity.

Ultimately, I think it depends on where you're at. You mentioned you're seeking opinions because of AoL, and rightfully so, cause he's great in there. The question for yourself becomes, how soon are you ready for AoL? If having a 6* r2 Torch means you're ready to tackle AoL right now, then it's a no brainer, rank him.

If you're just thinking about a future AoL run, in 6 months for example, then I would say to do Nick Fury right now. You have Torch on your roster, so he's not going anywhere. T2A and T5B have gotten a bit easier to come by with recent glory store changes, and they're different class characters, so you don't need to worry about t4cc competition.

So yeah, if you're doing AoL in the next couple weeks, rank up Torch. If you're still a couple months away, I'd go Fury now.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Human Torch
    I don't have an R5 Fury, but I have an R5 Torch. He's amazing.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    Human Torch
    Nick fury with suicides is going to feel very painful. HT isn't good with them but I'd say NF is too risky
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    Human Torch

I love how some people's arguments for ht is that he runs suicides....I have both and I run suicides and for suicides nick fury is much better since if you're facing an avenger you can remove both bbn bleed and poison with 1 heavy attack. What's your solution for human torch?
    Both are amazing and I'd r5 both of them but if you're asking who first I'd say fury.
    A lot of players tend to kill nick immediately and get to his second phase, I don't do that so any team I have him on I have 6 champs rather than 5.
    I'll play with the normal one until he dies,which is a very valuable and unique thing. He also fully counters evade and miss and can go fully unblockable. He also can block healing with despair because of how many bleeds he applies. And he has the insane synergies.
    Human torch on the other hand can counter miss(also something I see a lot of players misunderstand,he counters miss not evade. Champs can still evade human torch) fully incinerate coldsnap and frostbite immune. Counters korg. Is a general mystic slaying beast. And he can easily reverse healing as well as having the nova flame which is a passive energy damaging effect.
    Torch is amazing but I'd say nick is just better for normal content. I'd rank up both definitely but fury first.

Bleed and poison is annoying but the main issue is recoil damage and when you're constantly at 30% that 5% damage whenever you wanna get some charges really hurts your gameplay
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Nick Fury
    I’d go nick fury. Has more overall use in game. HT is great to and honestly I have both at r5 now and I would play on doing both long term anyway.

Only reason I say fury is I personally took an r4 torch into abyss easy path and he did great at r4. Serve his purpose. Handled the mystics I wanted him to. Easily one shot mephesto.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I run suicides & always have fury on the team, he's useful for one big fight and that's it. other than that he's just for the cap sparkles synergy.