**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Anyone else find it strange that doc voodoo never got any unique synergies until last month?

limeade32limeade32 Posts: 404 ★★
I know comics wise voodoo isn't a very common character, and that he never appeared in any movies, but for some reason he never got any synergies until Sorcerer supreme was added. While this synergy was actually really pretty good (special 2 can convert any buff, instead of only loas) its odd that he didn't get a single unique synergy until now. I'm wondering if there are other charcters who never recieved any special synergies.

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,571 ★★★★★
    Howard only recently got one via ManThing. Not sure how much it helps, but it’s a special synergy.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,006 ★★★★
    I couldn't say with any degree of certainty if there are other characters that don't have unique synergies, but as for reasoning, my gut says this is a method of Kabam giving a boost to characters that are starting to fall behind compared to the current meta, however aren't necessarily in need of a complete rework like they've been doing for characters.

The red guardian synergy with abomination comes to mind. Abomination has been a joke character for....well...ever, but that synergy with red guardian may actually make him a very viable attacker again. Certainly in any scenario where poison is a factor.
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    mgj0630 said:

I couldn't say with any degree of certainty if there are other characters that don't have unique synergies, but as for reasoning, my gut says this is a method of Kabam giving a boost to characters that are starting to fall behind compared to the current meta, however aren't necessarily in need of a complete rework like they've been doing for characters.

The red guardian synergy with abomination comes to mind. Abomination has been a joke character for....well...ever, but that synergy with red guardian may actually make him a very viable attacker again. Certainly in any scenario where poison is a factor.

Well... Abominations seems like he's only going to be useable with both Mole Man AND Red Guardian with max suicides. He might even need Modok too and nobody wants to bring Modok into quests lol. Mole Man is already pushing it enough
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

If Abomination ever gets a revamp, I hope they give him the ability to inflict Poison on normal attacks instead of leaving that ability locked behind a synergy.