**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

About Red Guardian against 6.2.5 Mordo

simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
My question comes after watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B3onJhIZ4s

Why Mordo does not "astal evade" Red Guardian?
The evasion prevention comes from the slow debuff, right?
Slow reduces by 100% the accuracy of evasion and unstoppable abilities, but Mordo should be immune to ability accuracy reduction.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Mordo is immune to passive ability accuracy reduction; things like Domino and Blade. His ability accuracy can be reduced with a debuff like concussion or slow.

*I do not think that fully explains it though because passive anti evade effects like Prox’s true accuracy, KM’s true strike and Storm Pyramid X’s passive coldsnap also prevent the evade. Those aren’t a modification of ability accuracy but rather a denial of the ability.

So it’d be safer to say that ability accuracy modification has nothing to do with stoping the evade, certain effects just flat out erase the possibility of an evade.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

Mordo is immune to passive ability accuracy reduction; things like Domino and Blade. His ability accuracy can be reduced with a debuff like concussion or slow.

Mephisto is immune to passive ability accuracy reduction. Mordo is immune to all the the ability accuracy reduction effects and his abilities always trigger (from his description).

simolaz said:

Mephisto is immune to passive ability accuracy reduction. Mordo is immune to all the the ability accuracy reduction effects and his abilities always trigger (from his description).

His ability sheet has since been amended. I also edited my post to hopefully better explain it.
    edited May 2020

simolaz said:

His ability sheet has since been amended. I also edited my post to hopefully better explain it.
    True Strike and all the other effects that counter specifically the evasion work correctly and that's fine.

About Mordo's passive ability reduction I think that the adding of the word "passive" before the word "effects" would be nice in order to describe correctly his intended behavior.
    By reading his ability as they are written, he should evade normally while holding AAR debuffs.

Mephisto's description on the other hand is good because it specifically says that affects only the passive effects.
    simolaz said:

simolaz said:

True Strike and all the other effects that counter specifically the evasion work correctly and that's fine.

About Mordo's passive ability reduction I think that the adding of the word "passive" before the word "effects" would be nice in order to describe correctly his intended behavior.
    By reading his ability as they are written, he should evade normally while holding AAR debuffs.

Mephisto's description on the other hand is good because it specifically says that affects only the passive effects.
    His in game description reads “immunity to passive aar effects.” So i am not sure what you mean, its the same difference is it not?

Additionally, the effects I listed are passive effects that prevent his evade which to me shows there is something else going on there. I’m not sure how you can say anti evade effects are working fine but slow’s anti evade is not.

simolaz said:

simolaz said:

His in game description reads “immunity to passive aar effects.” So i am not sure what you mean, its the same difference is it not?

Additionally, the effects I listed are passive effects that prevent his evade which to me shows there is something else going on there. I’m not sure how you can say anti evade effects are working fine but slow’s anti evade is not.
    I didn't check with in-game description actually. I trusted the champion spotlight in the website. If you say that in-game description specifies that it affects passive effects then it's my fault. ;)

Anti-evade effect work fine because they are not "ability accuracy reduction" effects, neither active or passive. This is why I think they work correctly.
    No guys, I’m sorry. My fault.
    The in-game description states that Mordo is immune just to passive AAR effects. It is different from the website one.