**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Suicide pitfalls?

Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
Are there any hard blocks to using Suicides?
Like some node in Act 5 that negates all healing so you can't complete it?
As you know, suicides are a huge investment and it costs too much to swap masteries around routinely.

My info:
I have a suicide friendly roster (6* CMM, 5* Rogue, 5* Domino, 5* Omega Red, 5* Vision)
I am planning on 3/3 Willpower with 1/3 Coagulate
I am trying to 100% Act 5 and need to knock opponents out faster (before I screw up and "get combo'd into Oblivion")
I won't be doing Act 6 at all (zero interest)

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    There are nodes annoying for them but to my knowledge non are a hard block, you may come across something like spectre that means you take some damage from reverse willpower, but nothing that totally blocks you
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    There are two Spectre paths in act 5. You just need to turn off willpower for them, not suicides, so if you're concerned about those 2, you only need to do it once.

Omega is another level with them, so can be CMM and rogue if duped.
  • Options
    Thank you for the help.

Do you recall where the Spectre nodes are? I can knock them out now before I switch.

Omega and Rogue are duped.
    I want to see Rogue's SP1 with a 60% boost (despite the Recoil).
  • Options
    For Spectre
    Could I also just run a full robot team?
    They aren't my best, but Willpower does not work on them.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I wouldn't consider Vision to be "Suicide Friendly". He needs to rely heavily on his L1's and L2's to really be viable and Recoil eats him alive.

If you run AQ, be aware of any "Heal Prevention" nodes. You'll want to bring a full-immune champ to these fights.

Finally, you'll need to be cautious of Void fights. People sometimes forget that ANY debuff will cause Void to inflict damage, so using Suicides against him will be painful. You'll see the Poison damage, the Bleed damage, and the damage Void inflicts on top of that. Best to bring a full-immune champ.
  • Options
    So far Suicides are totally worth it.
    Finished 5.3 and doing Canadian side quest.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I wouldn't consider Vision to be "Suicide Friendly". He needs to rely heavily on his L1's and L2's to really be viable and Recoil eats him alive.

If you run AQ, be aware of any "Heal Prevention" nodes. You'll want to bring a full-immune champ to these fights.

Finally, you'll need to be cautious of Void fights. People sometimes forget that ANY debuff will cause Void to inflict damage, so using Suicides against him will be painful. You'll see the Poison damage, the Bleed damage, and the damage Void inflicts on top of that. Best to bring a full-immune champ.

There is no void in act 5, sir.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    And no, you shouldn't have a problem with Spectre. The node works as if it inflicts a debuff that reverses your healing for about 10 seconds at the start of the fight, it seemingly goes on cool down for another 10 seconds before reactivating. Spectre is in 5.2.3, I believe (can't remember the other place). But since you have CMM, she'd instantly remove the bleed and the Spectre debuff from herself and she'll be done with the fight before the cool down is over, most likely.
  • Options
    My advice for you is to go into 5.2.3 right now (or whichever 5.2 quest it is), scout for the Spectre path, and do 1 fight, then see how bad or good it is for you 👍🏾
  • Options
    @Denslo500 hope these help.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the help.
    Did 100% Act 5 this weekend.

Suicides were crucial.
  • Options
    SouthfenceSouthfence Posts: 39
    Fighting Void and Warlock are painful with suicides on.
  • Options
    Suicides got me cavalier too.

(warlock and bugged magneto x helped a lot)