**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No Meaningless path in Event Quests

While playing "The Odd Couple" in Missing Dog quest, I found that there were 5 different routes, to complete. After completing 4 of them, I ended up in situation where 1 tile was left (98% completion), and nothing else to do in that path. I had to replay and loose half of my energy just to complete 1 useless tile.
For future quests, please do not add useless paths for the sake of exploration. If more paths are present for exploration, then add some rewards or enemies in each path, so its not useless.

To recreate the issue - In the "Odd Couple" scenario, 2nd half where paths split, just take 4 adjacent paths rather than straight one, and after 4 play-through, you will end up in similar situation as me.

Comments

• Options
    NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    ajax2888 wrote: »
    While playing "The Odd Couple" in Missing Dog quest, I found that there were 5 different routes, to complete. After completing 4 of them, I ended up in situation where 1 tile was left (98% completion), and nothing else to do in that path. I had to replay and loose half of my energy just to complete 1 useless tile.
    For future quests, please do not add useless paths for the sake of exploration. If more paths are present for exploration, then add some rewards or enemies in each path, so its not useless.

To recreate the issue - In the "Odd Couple" scenario, 2nd half where paths split, just take 4 adjacent paths rather than straight one, and after 4 play-through, you will end up in similar situation as me.

#MilkTheEnergyRefills. You might have messed up a path or something, because I didn't have to use an energy refill for only 1 tile. But the March X-Men event was the only event I remember that required an energy refill for only a few tiles
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    There are a few paths like this in this month's event.

The worst one is one where you have to run 2 useless paths, I can't remember which one right now but I'll screen shot it when I'm finished the quest I'm currently in
  • Options
    ri8ahqnxg5wr.png
    2 paths here that are just energy burners, one after Groot and one same place but other side of the map
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    ri8ahqnxg5wr.png
    2 paths here that are just energy burners, one after Groot and one same place but other side of the map

Sorry but there is only 1 energy burner path there
  • Options
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    ri8ahqnxg5wr.png

No there's 2.
    The map is a mirror image, it extends off the screen after Groot.
    The path between Groot and the cosmic (can't see who it is) is a pure energy burner as is the one at the bottom
  • Options
    ri8ahqnxg5wr.png

I just zoomed it in and you might be right, it doesn't look as if the it does go 2 paths after Groot.
    My mistake.

Regardless, Kabam said they wouldn't put in any more useless energy burning paths
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Not to mention 3 energy per tile for the last chapter.

I wonder what's the total number of energy required to 100% all 4 levels.
  • Options
    Not to mention 3 energy per tile for the last chapter.

I wonder what's the total number of energy required to 100% all 4 levels.

• Options
    ajax2888ajax2888 Posts: 47
    ri8ahqnxg5wr.png

Yes I was talking about this section only. I took all paths except the straight one. Later I realised there is only tile left and I have to replay the level just to complete that one tile that takes straight to Punisher, which contains nothing.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    ri8ahqnxg5wr.png

I just zoomed it in and you might be right, it doesn't look as if the it does go 2 paths after Groot.
    My mistake.

Regardless, Kabam said they wouldn't put in any more useless energy burning paths

Really? When did they say that? (Genuine question, not me being a @#*&)

Whatever they might have said, I don't see Kabam reducing the number of paths very much, as it's about keeping us grinding, logging in daily, and buying energy refills. That's fine with me, I enjoy playing the game.

However, since this is a Suggestions and Requests string:

Can you make these paths meaningful? I remember in some of the Story quests; as well as the first Terrigenesis event, there were different parts of the storyline revealed in different paths. Like, there was one path where the mutants gave a different side of the story.

That actually made the multiple paths meaningful! It's only a few more lines of dialogue written each month; but I think it could do a lot to make the event quests less frustrating (and there are quite a few strings about that at the moment)

If you went a bit further and generated completion cut-scenes more often, to round off the story, that would be good too.

• Options
    Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 336
    ri8ahqnxg5wr.png

There's actually 3 if you did both outside paths first. You'd be left with 1 tile on the inside left, one in the centre and one on the inside right
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I remember one quest a while back (honestly don't remember which event/story it was in), but it was possible to get every node and still not be 100% because there was one path that wasn't done.
  • Options
    ajax2888ajax2888 Posts: 47
    ri8ahqnxg5wr.png

My mistake.

Can you make these paths meaningful? I remember in some of the Story quests; as well as the first Terrigenesis event, there were different parts of the storyline revealed in different paths. Like, there was one path where the mutants gave a different side of the story.

That actually made the multiple paths meaningful! It's only a few more lines of dialogue written each month; but I think it could do a lot to make the event quests less frustrating (and there are quite a few strings about that at the moment)

If you went a bit further and generated completion cut-scenes more often, to round off the story, that would be good too.

That sounds like a very good idea
  • Options
    Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    tbh We have experienced the 99% exploration in X-Enforcer event quests, now we have 98% exploration.
    I hope this won't happen again in next month event quests.