**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When Prestige Becomes a Consideration

PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
I think I'm reaching a turning point in the game where I suddenly need to start thinking about prestige. I have a R4 5* Storm, then a bunch of high to low PI R5 4*s (9 in total) ranging from Cable and Vision down to Wolverine and Hawkeye.

I've got rankup dilemmas coming up (all duped)...

I was all set to R5 Dorm (my other mystic is SW) but his PI is really low. I recently got Mordo who is at the top of the PI list, but I don't think I'll find him half as useful as an attacker (maybe I'm wrong).

I was looking to R5 Angela, who I really enjoy playing, but I've also got Carbage - who is essentially useless but has crazy high PI.

I only need 5 super-high PI champs, I guess, Mordo seems like the smart option, but how important is PI? I want to start earning T4CCs, my prestige is currently 4,723. I think some smart rankup choices could push me far closer to 5K.

Any advice from someone who's tackled this issue before?

Comments

• Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    You need to be at least 5k- 5.2k prestige to even be considered for a t4cc alliance, I wouldn't rank up carnage but mordo is definitely the option you should be going for dorm isn't the greatest on attack either, his power control mechanics are great but in matches like the up coming act 5.3 the opponents will have so much health and attack with dorms low attack and block you will not want to bring him.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,769 ★★★★★
    Reading you have much higher tier champs than me, I am unsure if I should write.

Anyway, having a high prestige seems to affect only AQ. Your alliance (I assume you are in one) could have discussed about this. Since they did not (which I guess you are asking the question here), your alliance is not at the stage of chasing prestige yet.

Then, it may be better to rank champs based on how well they serve you now.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »
    You need to be at least 5k- 5.2k prestige to even be considered for a t4cc alliance, I wouldn't rank up carnage but mordo is definitely the option you should be going for dorm isn't the greatest on attack either, his power control mechanics are great but in matches like the up coming act 5.3 the opponents will have so much health and attack with dorms low attack and block you will not want to bring him.

Thanks, that does help a great deal. In terms of getting over 5K, I guess I'll need another R4 5* for that (I've got the materials but not the duped champ I need).
  • Options
    RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Go with mordo
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Ranking for prestige sucks. It is what it is though. I recently opted to rank 5 magik over mordo but my prestige is already over 5k. I guess my next decision is rank 5 wolverine or night crawler
  • Options
    TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    I r5ed my mordo dont regret it at all

Hes got degen stun heal reduction regen

And if you can stack your fury nicely he can get upto triple his normal damage
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    I'm at 5601 prestige. My advice would be rank whatever 4* helps you. Then also rank your best 5* that helps you. You want a 5* that is good prestige and also useful though ideally. If you haven't already, try to save units and do the easy path in LoL (I know it's not really easy). Then you have the potential for 3 r4s. You can then rank champs that help you clear content while saving for that 1 special 5* champ. Hope this helps
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    zero7 wrote: »
    Anonymous wrote: »
    I'm at 5601 prestige. My advice would be rank whatever 4* helps you. Then also rank your best 5* that helps you. You want a 5* that is good prestige and also useful though ideally. If you haven't already, try to save units and do the easy path in LoL (I know it's not really easy). Then you have the potential for 3 r4s. You can then rank champs that help you clear content while saving for that 1 special 5* champ. Hope this helps

what do you think about ranking unduped mordo to 4/55 for defense and prestige? i wouldn't use him for offense

At my level, mordo is a joke on defense. His prestige is great, but not unduped.