**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Posing no defense in new AW

TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
Since there is no more Defense kill points, and explorations points has been decreased and attack kill points increased what about not posing defenders, or a little but not fill the map with it ?

Can be a good idea to deny points of the opponents

Comments

• TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Interesting and very valid question. Would be terrible if that was a winning tactic. Hopefully alabama have engineered it to work that way. But...maybe they have...

Not trying to being mean, but Kabam could totally haven't though about that.
    And if they haven't this might be the end of defenser for AW
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    If both teams place no defence and both explore 100%, wouldn't that mean a tie for both teams? I may be wrong but I think a tie equals a loss for both teams. With no defence there is 0 points for defender rating and diversity, as well as attacker kills. So all would be equal at the end.
    Born wrote: »
    If both teams place no defence and both explore 100%, wouldn't that mean a tie for both teams? I may be wrong but I think a tie equals a loss for both teams. With no defence there is 0 points for defender rating and diversity, as well as attacker kills. So all would be equal at the end.

The team with the highest PI champs for attack will win I guess since it count as points
    TKal wrote: »

The team with the highest PI champs for attack will win I guess since it count as points

Is that a new thing? Attacker rating has never given points.

Is that a new thing? Attacker rating has never given points.

Oh I though they did.
    My bad on that

• Variety points? Or is this only for defenders in AW?
    Variety points? Or is this only for defenders in AW?

There is defender diversity points with the new update if that's what you're referring to. But yea that's only if you place a defence.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Well you would always need place atleast 1 defender so the rating of those defenders and the diversity would be the tiebreaker
  • I think the OP could have come up with a massive glitch to the new system! This makes sense, wonder if anyone will try it?
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    Well you would always need place atleast 1 defender so the rating of those defenders and the diversity would be the tiebreaker

But if you place one and the other alliance none, you should loose due to the kill points that the other alliance has

But if you place one and the other alliance none, you should loose due to the kill points that the other alliance has

You can't place no defenders
  • Appleisgod wrote: »

Double negative! Means that you really mean that we can!!

Ok, then what if you just place 1 defender, would that work?

Double negative! Means that you really mean that we can!!

Ok, then what if you just place 1 defender, would that work?

I've already answered that just scroll up
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Points will be scored by taking node. If no defender still het points. Like if there was no boss im old aw still got 20k points
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    Points will be scored by taking node. If no defender still het points. Like if there was no boss im old aw still got 20k points

No. They said kill points in attack will be the major part of the points. Exploration is taking nodes, attack kill points is defeating a defender.
    Two different things

• Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Hmm interesting. Would be hilarious if this pans out
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125

No. They said kill points in attack will be the major part of the points. Exploration is taking nodes, attack kill points is defeating a defender.
    Two different things

Mcord is correct. Taking the node is considered attack/kill points. So if you place no one your opponent will still get the points for clearing that spot on the board. This is how it has always worked.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Since there is no more Defense kill points, and explorations points has been decreased and attack kill points increased what about not posing defenders, or a little but not fill the map with it ?

Can be a good idea to deny points of the opponents

Actually they decreased the exploration points because the map is bigger, but it could work out to be roughly the same overall with the 2 maps.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Very interesting op
  • What if it's not possible to 100% the new map?
    What if it's not possible to 100% the new map?

Well then, hopefully the other alliance is having more trouble with the defense and map as well
    What if it's not possible to 100% the new map?

In top tier, they will complete the map
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    This will indeed be a war of skills then !! Sweet!
  • MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    On the previous wars, when we placed fewer defense and the enemy has more defense, we scored more because we have higher attacker kills. The enemy obv scored less even if they 100pc the map bcos they had less kills. But it gets compensated by their defensive kills.

So now if defensive kill point is gone, it totally makes sense to place fewer defense, so ur opponent has no chance to get points from their attacker kills.
    Bigdogbob wrote: »

Two different things

Mcord is correct. Taking the node is considered attack/kill points. So if you place no one your opponent will still get the points for clearing that spot on the board. This is how it has always worked.

Nope. I have fought against alliance that placed no defenders, and when you go through a node empty, it doesn't count you a kill.

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★

Two different things

Nope. I have fought against alliance that placed no defenders, and when you go through a node empty, it doesn't count you a kill.

to elaborate, in AW 1.0, attacker kills = 50 points, tile exploration = 450 points
    Voluntaris wrote: »

Two different things

to elaborate, in AW 1.0, attacker kills = 50 points, tile exploration = 450 points

You are correct, however they mentioned they will increase the amount of attack points. So this could be a win for our wallets if alliances start agreeing to place no defense.
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Voluntaris wrote: »

Two different things

You are correct, however they mentioned they will increase the amount of attack points. So this could be a win for our wallets if alliances start agreeing to place no defense.

How can you agree? They removed who you're facing before the attack phase starts, since people were having fun with 2* wars and some were lied to causing them to lose badly.