**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss GHULK early bug??? No talk about compensation and the thread has been silent

Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
During my legend run for Abyss, GHULK had the bug where when instead of his specials being unblockable he remained unblockable the rest of the fight. I originally posted the issue we got a reply saying this was a bug and will be fixed and compensation would be provided. Now we have an outcome on Captain Marvel Movie but the GHULK issue seems to either gotten forgotten about or dismissed. GHULK was made infinitely harder with this bug and costed a lot of units. Is this still something being looked at as it has been months with no outcome.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    Haji_Saab said:

I came across quite a few bugs in Act 6. Reported a couple as well. No compensation.

The process of compensation is quite discretionary.

There's a difference between small bugs and large bugs. For Captain Marvel Movie some had to you 20+ revives to get through it and now she can get 1 shot. For Abyss GHULK some got to use void and reverse heal him to death, this was then patched but at the same time GHULK was then able to go unblockable the whole rest of the fight that wasn't intended. In 1 instance players got an easy GHULK, in the other players got a much harder GHULK that required many revives. Both should be fixed but you can't compensate or penalize for the player that had the easier fight obviously. GHULK was a brutal fight while unblockable for 1.47M health and he can't lose more than 10% Health. Unblockable specials is much different than Unblockable 1.47M Ghulk.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    So should we talk about how you also saved units because skill champs in abyss were bugged where they weren't applying -100% aar after the first special? Feel like that must've saved you a few dozen revives
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

So should we talk about how you also saved units because skill champs in abyss were bugged where they weren't applying -100% aar after the first special? Feel like that must've saved you a few dozen revives

I didn't have Aegon for my first run. As it didn't apply to me, I can't speak to it directly.

Generally speaking, I'd say that bugs should be addressed when they're found. A bug that harms the player should be met with compensation as the player had a harder time due to Kabam's error. If a bug benefits the player, it's still a result of Kabam's error. The player wouldn't owe anything. In this instance, Kabam should eat those consequences and view them as the cost of making a mistake. This kind of view would give them more incentive to apply more rigorous in-house testing, which I think everyone thinks would be a good thing.

Apply it to a more universal situation. Let's say you're at a restaurant. You order an appetizer, it never comes due to a kitchen error, and you're charged for it. You would expect to be made whole, correct? Now let's say you DIDN'T order an appetizer and they mistakenly place one on your table. They can't take it back and deliver it to the proper table (health code), so any good restaurant would just say "on the house!" and then go and make another for the proper table. You benefitted from the kitchen's error, but you don't owe anything. The restaurant sees a higher cost because they gave out product for free. In both cases, the fault lies with the kitchen, but only one scenario requires compensation. It's incumbent on the restaurant/kitchen to review their practices to make sure these errors don't occur and that they respond appropriately when they do.
  • Options
    Patchie93 said:

How were units saved?
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

When was that bug active? Only skill fight on the easy path is Aegon I believe. Doubt it would have saved me “a few dozen” revives.

What if it doesn’t apply to my run where I fought a bugged movie marvel and had to use 10-15+ revives ?
  • Options
    odogg9941odogg9941 Posts: 418 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike can we get an answer on this?