**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hulkbuster total timeline and next fan vote champion buff

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
So we're finally getting to the end of the long LONG road that is the Hulkbuster buff and I'm hoping someone from the Dev team can answer some questions:

1. With the process for the Hulkbuster buff estimated to take ~9 months from time of the fan vote (early October 2019) to the planned release date (early July 2020), was this the planned timeline to re-work this champ (~9 months)?

2. Can we expect every upcoming champion buff/re-work to take the same ~ 9 month timeline from fan vote to release?

3. During the BETA we see there were no animation/design changes done to the character, so if that is an aspect in upcoming champion buffs/re-works, how much time could that realistically add to the process?

4. When can we expect to vote on the next champion buff? Since it's apparently going to be 1 champ re-work/year can we get the process started on voting on another champ ASAP?

Thanks, and I'm hoping your upcoming announcements on the revised roadmap have some good information on how you'll be better addressing champion buffs and re-works sine it's an aspect of the game that all summoners are very excited about, but don't want to be left waiting so long for turnaround times.

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

Truthfully, is the beta really necessary? They already release at least 2 champs a month into the game that don't run public betas. Gamora didn't have a beta. Can't we just skip this step?

Everyone is quick to use Gamora as the example of a "Simple Buff" but Kabam went on record that it took as long as the other buffs but they just never said anything about what they were doing in case she wasn't ready in time. So it was literally an out of left field surprise.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Truthfully, is the beta really necessary? They already release at least 2 champs a month into the game that don't run public betas. Gamora didn't have a beta. Can't we just skip this step?

Everyone is quick to use Gamora as the example of a "Simple Buff" but Kabam went on record that it took as long as the other buffs but they just never said anything about what they were doing in case she wasn't ready in time. So it was literally an out of left field surprise.
    I'm all for that idea. I would be THRILLED to find out that they've been secretly working on buffs for Magneto, Groot, Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon, and any number of other outdated champs that they plan on releasing soon.

My issue isn't so much that I want to know about them working on it. My issue is that it's taking far too long to these reworks to go live. The point of the post you quoted is just to show that a beta test certainly isn't necessary and it may be advantageous to drop them completely in the interest of timely releases. I could be satisfied with 4 updates a year. 1 update in 9 months? That's pretty slow.
  • KamrandBKamrandB Posts: 19
    I hope Magneto gets a buff. There are two versions of the character and both suck, plus almost everyone has him as a 5/6 star. A buff to IP would be okay but I would rather they buff a champ of a different class after HB.
  • UlisesHerreraUlisesHerrera Posts: 10
    I think the next champion will be Daredevil.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    There should be no hetal,polls, and number of “announcements” ,they should just rework it n release it and announce we will need if necessary and be done with it! With this timeline I doubt we can ever reach the rework of other 80%+ useless champs by 2040!! And it’d b like reworking a champion released i. 2015 in 2040!! 😂😂 nice Such a great game we play
  • UnassignedtesterUnassignedtester Posts: 24

I assume that Kabam will eventually pick up speed and drop buffs more frequently. Kabam has started actually responding to the communities complaints, and one of the most frequented complaints that I have seen, is the lack of balance in Champions.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I'm all for that idea. I would be THRILLED to find out that they've been secretly working on buffs for Magneto, Groot, Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon, and any number of other outdated champs that they plan on releasing soon.

My issue isn't so much that I want to know about them working on it. My issue is that it's taking far too long to these reworks to go live. The point of the post you quoted is just to show that a beta test certainly isn't necessary and it may be advantageous to drop them completely in the interest of timely releases. I could be satisfied with 4 updates a year. 1 update in 9 months? That's pretty slow.
    Well since they didn't announce Gamora, the player base didn't have any expectations of what her buff was going to be like.

Since Colossus/OML and now Hulkbuster's buffs were announced and also polled, it would make sense for Kabam to do betas for the player base to play around with their buffed versions. If there was no beta, then Kabam might not know for certain if their proposed buff lived up to the standards of the player base.

As for the new champs, the reason they don't run public betas is that they do internal testing, as with silent buffs and reworks. This is also paired with the fact that Kabam doesn't take any outside suggestion into their new characters, meaning Kabam don't know how the player base feels about that certain champ, since it's never been in the game before, and they don't announce new characters until they're almost ready for release.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Well since they didn't announce Gamora, the player base didn't have any expectations of what her buff was going to be like.

Since Colossus/OML and now Hulkbuster's buffs were announced and also polled, it would make sense for Kabam to do betas for the player base to play around with their buffed versions. If there was no beta, then Kabam might not know for certain if their proposed buff lived up to the standards of the player base.

As for the new champs, the reason they don't run public betas is that they do internal testing, as with silent buffs and reworks. This is also paired with the fact that Kabam doesn't take any outside suggestion into their new characters, meaning Kabam don't know how the player base feels about that certain champ, since it's never been in the game before, and they don't announce new characters until they're almost ready for release.
    I respectfully disagree. Just because a champ is polled and chosen by the community doesn't mean they absolutely HAVE to have a beta. They make champs at a rate of twice per month. By this point, they should have a pretty solid understanding of how the playerbase is going to react to any given champ.

To their credit, they've done a really nice job with all the champion re-works so far. Luke Cage, She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Venom, and Carnage are all pretty great champs. I don't think the beta gave Kabam any information that they couldn't have received in-house had they done reasonable testing. To my knowledge, the betas have not resulted in any major adjustments to a champ that was being reworked. Is Hulkbuster getting a final re-tuning? Who knows?...but I doubt it. All the beta seemed to do was push back his live release another 2 months.

Beta's for new story modes? Sure. Keep those going just to make sure that player goals and developer goals are in line with one another. For now, it seems that Betas only serve to slow down the process of reworking old champs who are otherwise useless. If removing beta tests can get speed up these updates, that's 100% what they should do.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,260 ★★★★★
    limeade32 said:

Heres an idea-just take all the synergies that came with the new champs in the last 6 months and drop them on all the champs no one uses. It probably wouldn't make them as good as most champions, but It would probably help a lot.

I would've expected an idea so good, fast, and cheap to have upwards of 200 disagrees already.

I respectfully disagree. Just because a champ is polled and chosen by the community doesn't mean they absolutely HAVE to have a beta. They make champs at a rate of twice per month. By this point, they should have a pretty solid understanding of how the playerbase is going to react to any given champ.

To their credit, they've done a really nice job with all the champion re-works so far. Luke Cage, She-Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Venom, and Carnage are all pretty great champs. I don't think the beta gave Kabam any information that they couldn't have received in-house had they done reasonable testing. To my knowledge, the betas have not resulted in any major adjustments to a champ that was being reworked. Is Hulkbuster getting a final re-tuning? Who knows?...but I doubt it. All the beta seemed to do was push back his live release another 2 months.

Beta's for new story modes? Sure. Keep those going just to make sure that player goals and developer goals are in line with one another. For now, it seems that Betas only serve to slow down the process of reworking old champs who are otherwise useless. If removing beta tests can get speed up these updates, that's 100% what they should do.
    I think what I'm trying to say is that because it's announced to the player base, it's a way of reaffirming that what they've done to the champions is good in the eyes of the player.

I don't think many of us would want to pick a champ to buff, only to have Kabam rework it and give it back to us in a final state without consulting us first. The beta is also a way to gather a second opinion. By allowing the player base to play around with the champ, we can highlight any highs/lows of the champ that Kabam might not have foreseen.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Old Champs doesn’t fetch money.
    So no motivation to buff then

I think what I'm trying to say is that because it's announced to the player base, it's a way of reaffirming that what they've done to the champions is good in the eyes of the player.

I don't think many of us would want to pick a champ to buff, only to have Kabam rework it and give it back to us in a final state without consulting us first. The beta is also a way to gather a second opinion. By allowing the player base to play around with the champ, we can highlight any highs/lows of the champ that Kabam might not have foreseen.
  • T1M3_M4ST3RT1M3_M4ST3R Posts: 2
    I think I may have somehow accidentally found out the next few champions Kabam is planning to buff. If you go into the player searchbox, and look up Kabam, three almost identical accounts without names appear. The only differences between these accounts are the total hero rating and the prestige.

The top champion is a 5 star hulkbuster, maybe showing that’s who they are currently buffing. The next three champs are Spider-Gwen, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), and Groot. I believe these may be accounts in which kabam is merely testing out the buffs for these champs.

Also, all of the champs are around 6,300 power index at r4 l55, implicating that no masteries are in use. Another thing I wondered was why these accounts came up when you searched “Kabam.”
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    but why does Spider-Gwen need a buff
  • DigbiwolvrineDigbiwolvrine Posts: 1
    Cyclops blue should be buffed.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★

I think I may have somehow accidentally found out the next few champions Kabam is planning to buff. If you go into the player searchbox, and look up Kabam, three almost identical accounts without names appear. The only differences between these accounts are the total hero rating and the prestige.

The top champion is a 5 star hulkbuster, maybe showing that’s who they are currently buffing. The next three champs are Spider-Gwen, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), and Groot. I believe these may be accounts in which kabam is merely testing out the buffs for these champs.

Also, all of the champs are around 6,300 power index at r4 l55, implicating that no masteries are in use. Another thing I wondered was why these accounts came up when you searched “Kabam.”

Those are old accounts from 2 years ago