**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Flow must Go...Away

Indosack24Indosack24 Posts: 4
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
Please take another long, hard look at Flow in AW. This global node boost is nothing more than a cash grab for you Kabam. With Glory rewards, alliances are barely able to keep up with potions and revives. When defenders run and block in corner and shoot up to sp3’s within seconds. Even skilled players cannot combat the AI running and just blocking. That’s not competitive or strategic at all. It feels like cheating the player and needs to go away. Please evaluate this again before you lose more players or they don’t play AW anymore.

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Please take another long, hard look at Flow in AW. This global node boost is nothing more than a cash grab for you Kabam. With Glory rewards, alliances are barely able to keep up with potions and revives. When defenders run and block in corner and shoot up to sp3’s within seconds. Even skilled players cannot combat the AI running and just blocking. That’s not competitive or strategic at all. It feels like cheating the player and needs to go away. Please evaluate this again before you lose more players or they don’t play AW anymore.

Skilled players can defintley deal with it look at top tier AW teams who barely die, they nerfed flow so you can parry, including parrying specials to shut down flow. This makes it a lot easier
  • Indosack24Indosack24 Posts: 4
    Skill or not, parry or not, if the AI runs to corner and block for more than a couple seconds it’s sp3 time! If you dash in to bait, they don’t always throw and you get sp3’d. If you go for a heavy attack the defender let’s you have a full combo into a sp3.
    There’s a reason everyone is using Flow and it’s ruining AW, skillful or not.
  • Indosack24Indosack24 Posts: 4
    Just fought a mini boss Warlock with Corvus cause one of last options available with health in war. Got him to bait out sp2 and whole time his sp2 is going he’s building up another sp2. Doesn’t bait this time but dashes back and builds up sp3. Flow is flawed how could I have combatted this?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Just fought a mini boss Warlock with Corvus cause one of last options available with health in war. Got him to bait out sp2 and whole time his sp2 is going he’s building up another sp2. Doesn’t bait this time but dashes back and builds up sp3. Flow is flawed how could I have combatted this?

You brought a champ that only crits against a defender that gains power when you crit but the node is the problem?
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I don't like flow either but some of the complaints about it are silly
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★

You brought a champ that only crits against a defender that gains power when you crit but the node is the problem?
    Best description ever - u can see the fights, know the nodes and still choose to bring corvus. You deserve to die.

Flow is a pain, but juts means people need to think
    More than just bring boosted Corvus and Blasting through fights.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    It is also easier this season now u can parry to stop
    It
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I think siphon is harder than flow since the changes. Then again I never brought corvus or ghost to war so it didn't change my strategy much.

All flow does now is keep people from just rolling through your defense with corvus.
  • AdixRajAdixRaj Posts: 114
    K1ng_Taz said:

I totally agree with u, Flow is Not for players who possess skills, it’s for players who have the right champions like G2099.. or ppl who can quake, it’s just not fair that all the hard work for aq goes to waste when u spend all resources on potions... it’s an infinite loop u do aq and get potions and spend on aw... there’s no way u can spend on other resources... Kabam please fix it

Working as intended. If you can buy rank up materials with glory , who will buy their offers .? Nothing is really free In the game

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,037 ★★★★★
    yes it must. this flow after flow after flow after flow after flow is just ... NOT FUN. and the so called change is just so inconsistent it's pointless.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Shrimkins said:

I think siphon is harder than flow since the changes. Then again I never brought corvus or ghost to war so it didn't change my strategy much.

All flow does now is keep people from just rolling through your defense with corvus.

nonsense, i do almost every fight every war with corvus
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Flow needs to go, but the whole war rating system needs to be fixed too. When you have all 30 members of alliances swapping down to lower rated shells to avoid flow wars it creates a huge imbalance.

Since tiers are based on percentages of alliances with certain war ratings, and many of them are empty and not participating in any given season, it skews the tiers. There are many shells that are just place holders that shouldn’t be considered when calculating tiers during seasons since they are not actively involved.

Tiers should be reset at the end of the first attack phase; any alliance that didn’t participate should be removed from the pool that establishes where the active alliances fall. If the top 10% has 25% or more empty alliances taking up tier spots there is a problem and it needs to be addressed. This is an exploit and compromises the integrity of the competition.

Please re-evaluate how alliances have their multiplier established, and find a way to stop the shells and swapping that teams use as a strategy.

You have 11k prestige alliances swapping with 8k prestige alliances then have a broken matchmaking system that allows these lower prestige alliances to fight similar prestige teams and get more points while facing r3 and 4 five star defenses than teams facing all r5 five star and r3 six star defenses. It’s counter intuitive and it’s time to restore true competitiveness.