**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Another "who to rank up" thread (R4/R5 version)...

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
Just got a stack of T4 basic cats from completing Act 4 and am looking for suggestions on how to use them.

My options are to R5 a cosmic:
*R4 Thor (sig 30) - I use him all the time, very comfortable playing with him. Know he isn't very good against stun/debuff-immune

*R4 Hyperion - Use him for AW defense or in my attack team while my bigger hitters are in AQ.

*Or any 2 of the following to R4:
Howard the Duck (sig 20) - Fun to play, hard hitter, bit of a tank, decent regen.
Beast (sig 40) - Learning how to play him properly, good bleed, good bleed resistance
Quake - Slowly figuring out her heavy charging/concussion/aftershock
Miles (Sig 20) - Could be a good addition to an AW team. Could be helpful in AW "diversity"
Cable (Sig 1) - Don't really use him much. Decent regen, good degen
Venom (sig 20) - Had him forever. One of my OG 4*. Decent war defender.
Venompool (sig 20) - Relatively new, but essentially same as Venom
Agent Venom - Decent war defender
Winter Soldier (Sig 20) - Good power control
Hood - "Cool" factor. Still learning how to use him properly. I like his buff-blocking
Black Widow - I hear she's good. Never used her.
BPCW - Good war defender
X23 - Good bleed, decent regen.
Black Spidey - Same as Miles
Scarlet - I hear she's good. I don't really use her, but haven't really progressed into RTTL very far either.
Hawkeye - Reliable bleed and power control. Very underrated champ. Hope to R4 him soon regardless.
Captain Marvel - Relatively new. Never used her. Hear she can be good.
Loki - Just got him yesterday. No idea how to play him. Good SP2, good buff steal (on paper)
5* Cyclops
5* Drax

My typical attack team is R5 Archangel, R5 Guilly, and R4 Gwenpool, R4 Magik and R4 Thor (all Sig 20+).
Other R4's include: Night Crawler, Crossbones, Dormammu, Capt WW2, Electro, Ultron, Hulk, and R2 5* Storm (all unduped).

Only other thought is to wait for the last 16000 Skill shards to R5 Gwen.

Comments

• HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Either go for Hyperion or wait for Gwen. Most of these champions would be worth it, but to me, Hyperion and Gwenpool really stand out.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Did you manage to 100% Bautistuta's challenge which had powergain buff on every node?

You may want to consider having a R4 power control champ, Hawkeye.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Never tried Bautista's challenge. First Monthly challenge I completed was the first Spiderman/Stark back in July. Did the Doc Oct/ Goblin challenge last month.

Typically when facing power gain champs, I just play extra patiently and bait specials. Gets really difficult when I get a good combo/stun lock with Gwenpool...
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    In Bautista, it was not merely powergain buff. Swiping back and triggering evade or dexterity fuels powergain which caused a little bit of uproar in the community.

So if Act 5.3 and subsequent events has similar buff, a power control champ may be a necessity unless it gets wicked and even power control champs ability is disabled.

I do have a couple R4 power controllers with Magik and Dormammu, but I get your point.

I'm thinking I could R4 Hawkeye, then should have enough time to get another T4B before getting the last skill T4C for Gwen...
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Do Thor if you're comfortable with him. He still hits hard, and as long as they're not stun-immune he owns everything. AQ, AW, Quests etc.
    Hype and GP are solid options too.
    SW and BW need to be duped to be great.
    5* Drax is a good option as well. Worth R4 even.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    You have an excellent roster of 4*s. Well done!
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    I say go for Hyperion, with your team, t4b will come to you quickly, you will have enough for gwenpool in 2-3 weeks.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Quake is a very underrated champ. I am learning to play her and she's incredible.
    Take a look at this...

https://youtu.be/pvtyo_LMr-s
    ^^^ Yeah, I've been trying to practice that fighting style in arenas. I have her as a 4* R3 and a 3* R4. It's a lot more of a nuanced fighting style which takes a ton of practice to learn, but I definitely see the benefit.
    I should add that I went ahead and took Hawkeye to R4. I'll have a 5th T4bc in the next day or two, so Hype and Thor are still on the table, but I'm thinking of doing another R4 and wait for the skill cat to R5 Gwen later.

For my next R4, I'm thinking either Quake, Miles, Hood, AV, or BPCW. Quake or Miles would be easy since I have a stack of Science ISO.