**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why can’t Tigra wear her classic costume?

Comments

• manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    I'm not in the states buddy.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Exactly that’s the joke, you have a good shot at telling now whether someone is or isn’t based on whether or not they say something completely innocuous.

However I’d be curious if you are since you did in the end change the comment, in any case, I’m out though, audios thread, stay classy!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Why does it matter at all tbh. I'm not trying to come off rude but there is bigger problems in this game that needs fixing rather then giving a character less clothes lmao

No one should discuss minor things that interest them as long as bigger problems exist?
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    It has nothing to do with kids.

But I suspect that it has A LOT to do with the fact that some of the highest paying customers of this game, come from the Arabic / Muslim world. Kabam would not like to jeopardize the availability of this game in these regions, due to "design elements that would be deemed inappropriate"", if you catch my drift.

Or to quote the great Michel Jordan: ""Republicans buy sneakers, too".

:D
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★

If that's a factor why do we have other female characters wearing less than modest apparel?

Maybe it's something that they take case-by-case? I don't know, I just speculate.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★

Wait till u see magik's costume from x men. An the sword seems different too.

It would have been amazing if this game had skin for champions.
  • BeekeeperBeekeeper Posts: 81
    I agree with this. Usually, I have to admit, most of the Kabam character designs are pretty spot on. Tigra's costume looks horrible when compared with her original costume. Yeah like someone said 'mechanic' is the word. I agree with this. Tigra's should've been better. I hope its not too late to change!
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    If injustice can do Power Girl, this game can put Tigra in a bikini.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    if you won't give tigra a bikini, then you better put a shirt on hulk
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Not everything has to be about the damn children

Truer words, man. Truer words.

#bringthebikinis!!!
  • Southern_KantSouthern_Kant Posts: 157
    RU11011 said:

Bro, this is a kid's game.

You see girls in bikeenees when you go to the beach and (SORRY if I spelt it wrong)
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Why does it matter at all tbh. I'm not trying to come off rude but there is bigger problems in this game that needs fixing rather then giving a character less clothes lmao

No one should discuss minor things that interest them as long as bigger problems exist?
    Well I'm saying we should prioritize the bigger problems first then address the smaller ones later and to be fair we all know Kabam isn't going to change it anyways they've never done it before so I doubt they will now
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    When u say its a Kids game and tigra in a Bikini is therefor a problem.
    I would be way more concerned bout sp3 from Hood, venom or alike

But yeah, Disney is in command bout marvel.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★

Does anyone know that kid from Charlie Brown who plays the piano? You know the one I’m talking about right? I mean you might not remember his name but you can probably picture his image with some familiarity. Well that is an example of iconography. Iconography doesn’t necessarily equate to an renowned character but if that kid didn't play the piano I wouldn’t even be referencing him right now. I am more familiar with his look and style than I am with his name. Think about that. That means, for an animated character, what they look like is often more important than their actual name!

The same concept can be applied to music. Lots of people find themselves with a song stuck in their head but they don’t know the name. However if the melody wasn’t as catchy, I wouldn’t be humming that song. In that case the title of the song doesn’t matter as much as it’s iconic melody does. A rose by any other name...

Changing Tigra’s appearance to something less natural may seem unnatural to her fans or even indifferent people who are somewhat familiar with the character. It seems to me unnecessary, inefficient, unwarranted, and unwanted. They’d have probably been better off picking a character who’s art style they actually found acceptable because Tigra’s as a character is fundamentally tied to what she looks like.

Look man ima keep it honest with you I doubt they are going to change her appearance man they've never done it before and I doubt they'll start now this is not the first time people haven't liked a characters costume but guess what they learned how to get over it (my bad if that sounded rude). So the thread is only going nowhere. As I said before, I personally don't believe that tigra is a popular enough character for her not looking like her true self to be a issue. So i dont know what else to say except this thread won't change their mind as it hasn't before so it's best if you move past that.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Honestly why does this even matter? It's just the appearance of a character not even their abilities. They aren't going to change the design specifically for your desire. There are way more pressing matters going on with the game and champion's ABILITIES not cosmetics.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Does anyone know that kid from Charlie Brown who plays the piano? You know the one I’m talking about right? I mean you might not remember his name but you can probably picture his image with some familiarity. Well that is an example of iconography. Iconography doesn’t necessarily equate to an renowned character but if that kid didn't play the piano I wouldn’t even be referencing him right now. I am more familiar with his look and style than I am with his name. Think about that. That means, for an animated character, what they look like is often more important than their actual name!

The same concept can be applied to music. Lots of people find themselves with a song stuck in their head but they don’t know the name. However if the melody wasn’t as catchy, I wouldn’t be humming that song. In that case the title of the song doesn’t matter as much as it’s iconic melody does. A rose by any other name...

Changing Tigra’s appearance to something less natural may seem unnatural to her fans or even indifferent people who are somewhat familiar with the character. It seems to me unnecessary, inefficient, unwarranted, and unwanted. They’d have probably been better off picking a character who’s art style they actually found acceptable because Tigra as a character is fundamentally tied to what she looks like.

his name is Schroeder
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Changing Tigra’s appearance to something less natural may seem unnatural to her fans or even indifferent people who are somewhat familiar with the character. It seems to me unnecessary, inefficient, unwarranted, and unwanted. They’d have probably been better off picking a character who’s art style they actually found acceptable because Tigra as a character is fundamentally tied to what she looks like.

his name is Schroeder
    Lol, go ahead and lie to me, Janine. Tell me you didn't have to look that up.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

his name is Schroeder
    And musicians don’t dance.
This discussion has been closed.