**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Archangel Healing and Prowess

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
Just curious as to why some sort of healing and prowess isn't in his toolset. He can heal and he has a listed ability of superior prowess. If not prowess, then some sort of healing for sure perhaps even similar to Ghost Rider's heavy regen mechanic. But it would line up with AA's hidden abilities for sure if he had some sort of regen in his abilities.

His wings do a lot more than just inflict bleed and poison so I'd like to see him get at least a little regen added.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    He is already a good champion that doesn't need changes.
    He doesn't have a healing/regen ability, or a prowess ability as well. He doesn't necessarily needs to have them
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

He doesn't have a healing/regen ability, or a prowess ability as well. He doesn't necessarily needs to have them

OP is referring to Archangel's Wiki page, prowess is indeed listed over there.

OP: let them add Archangel to the 6* pool first, before anything else is discussed.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

he's great as is for sure ... i didn't say he needed them just it would line up better with what the character can actually do ya know. he can heal so why not have him heal even if it's one of those chance things like Ghost Rider.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    The abilities on the champion in the game are not the same as of the comics, or movies, or anything else.
    Thats why he doesn't have an healing or prowess ability. You can check that by reading his abilities.
    By reading other sources that aren't related to the game you will be lied to, as they can misleading if you go to compare them with the ingame abilities and champions.
    That's why in every case like this one, it's better to have no knowledge, or just ignore anything you know about the chatacters on their original sources
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    He’s fine as he is, if you want to add some comic book abilities to champions go add some form of energy dot to cyclops beams or make magneto actually good against metal opponents
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    As much as I’d love for him to have a heal or prowess he’s an outstanding champ alresdy. Giving him either one of those would make him OP.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    archangel is already close to OP
  • Options
    lol smh ... i mean honestly when did we become so averse to suggestions or dreams?? i love AA the way he is and was simply saying hey why not add some regen to him. i'm fully aware of champs not being akin to their comic counterparts . some being weaker than they should be (Jean) and others being much stronger.

this is a game though ya know ... they can do pretty much anything with any character. i would love to see this because i think he deserves it. i'm not saying he "needs" it because he's awesome but why would it kill the game? i can point to quite a few champs that are already way OP.

but anyway .. just surprising at the level of villainy and vitriol I see amongst some of the folks here who turn their nose up at any idea or suggestion they don't agree with.

the internet though. thanks for the comments and feedback ladies and gents.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

lol smh ... i mean honestly when did we become so averse to suggestions or dreams?? i love AA the way he is and was simply saying hey why not add some regen to him. i'm fully aware of champs not being akin to their comic counterparts . some being weaker than they should be (Jean) and others being much stronger.

this is a game though ya know ... they can do pretty much anything with any character. i would love to see this because i think he deserves it. i'm not saying he "needs" it because he's awesome but why would it kill the game? i can point to quite a few champs that are already way OP.

but anyway .. just surprising at the level of villainy and vitriol I see amongst some of the folks here who turn their nose up at any idea or suggestion they don't agree with.

"Villainy and vitriol". LMAO. No one responded to you with bitter criticism. They just said why such a mechanic paired with AA would be too OP. SMH.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Nobody is shutting you down OP. It's just the state of the game right now, there are a lot of glaring areas that need to be immediately addressed and this isn't one of them. Sure yes it's nice to suggest & dream, but the basics are being ignored and that's where the main focus is right now.
  • Options
    JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    edited June 2020
    I'm all for every champion getting their actual accurate abilities; If Miles Morales had his Chameleon ability causing opponents to miss(Like Ghost/Hood/ Invisible Woman, etc.), he would definitely be more valuable lol
  • Options
    JDunk2291 said:

I'm all for every champion getting their actual accurate abilities; If Miles Morales had his Chameleon ability causing opponents to miss(Like Ghost/Hood/ Invisible Woman, etc.), he would definitely be more valuable lol

But then you have this problem where for example, Magneto, a Mutant, would be stronger against Techs, which isn't how the game class system works.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

he's great as is for sure ... i didn't say he needed them just it would line up better with what the character can actually do ya know. he can heal so why not have him heal even if it's one of those chance things like Ghost Rider.
    If you're arguing to have champs in the game be more in line with their abilities in the comics, you're going to get a lot of resistance from Domino fanboys out there. Her effectiveness in the game is way above and beyond what she does in the comics.
  • Options

If you're arguing to have champs in the game be more in line with their abilities in the comics, you're going to get a lot of resistance from Domino fanboys out there. Her effectiveness in the game is way above and beyond what she does in the comics.
    lol indeed .. one of the examples i mentioned that i could point to being OP based on comic. i mean there's obvious hits and misses :)
  • Options
    edited June 2020

"Villainy and vitriol". LMAO. No one responded to you with bitter criticism. They just said why such a mechanic paired with AA would be too OP. SMH.
    lol ... well not necessarily this thread but what i've seen rampant around here so some of that was in relation to the general response around these parts. i figured villainy would fit since its marvel and comics LOL

overall i just think we need to be nicer and more friendly when it comes to how we disagree.
  • Options

JDunk2291 said:

But then you have this problem where for example, Magneto, a Mutant, would be stronger against Techs, which isn't how the game class system works.
    well Magneto already gets an advantage over "metal" champs.
  • Options

lol ... well not necessarily this thread but what i've seen rampant around here so some of that was in relation to the general response around these parts. i figured villainy would fit since its marvel and comics LOL

overall i just think we need to be nicer and more friendly when it comes to how we disagree.
    Alas, the MCOC community is wayyy too toxic...
  • Options

Alas, the MCOC community is wayyy too toxic...
    yep believe me i've noticed. which is a shame. you'd think that games would be the one place we're all just a tad bit happier as it is an escape from the true disappointment of the real world these days ya know.

but .. boxes of chocolate my friend.